Post Thanks / Like

Finally, interior glass cleaning that doesn`t send me to anger management...Gyeon Silk Mitt

Really like Polish Angel Diver glass cleaner teamed with smaller Gyeon Silk Dryer towels. Still, my inability to function reasonably efficiently on the interior of a vehicle makes it a chore to clean interior glass with towel bunching up, knuckles leaving streaks when cleaning the farthest depths of the window/dash area and other such problems that most folks don`t encounter. Started pondering about sewing/fusing a small Silk Dryer into a mitt of sorts...and then remembered Gyeon has already done this for me: Hello Gyeon Silk Mitt, goodbye anger.

Cleaned my interior glass on a whim with it yesterday, no runs, no streaks, no errors, no lint. Enough interior padding and stiffness to easily manipulate into corners/recesses. Left the glass spotless and streak free, cleaned quicker than I could imagine. Finally, something that sounded good in my head actually proved to be such in actual practice.

Doesn`t look like Autopia stocks, though: Silk Mitt - Gyeon Quartz USA
    Likes ShakingHorizons, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally, interior glass cleaning that doesn`t send me to anger management...Gyeon Silk Mitt

So that looks like that twisted pile like a PFM or Twistress...you used it with regular glass cleaner? You sprayed it on the mitt? Or did you just use it for drying after using another towel with the glass cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally, interior glass cleaning that doesn`t send me to anger management...Gyeon Silk Mitt

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So that looks like that twisted pile like a PFM or Twistress...you used it with regular glass cleaner? You sprayed it on the mitt? Or did you just use it for drying after using another towel with the glass cleaner?
    Spritz or two (PA Diver in this case) on mitt, wipe once over, flip hand to wipe/buff with other side...done. It is the Gyeon version of twisted loop. Did all inside/outside with single mitt, no worries. Probably gonna grab another one to dry wheels, seems like quite a handy item.

Post Thanks / Like

I really Like PA Diver, and something I just got a sample from that I love is 1Z glass concentrate. I mix it strong with DI water and put it into a pressurizer atomizer bottle and its the best I have tried yet !

Thanks for the Sample our very own DRIVER forum member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I really Like PA Diver, and something I just got a sample from that I love is 1Z glass concentrate..
    Between the two, which do you prefer?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Really like Polish Angel Diver glass cleaner teamed with smaller Gyeon Silk Dryer towels. Still, my inability to function reasonably efficiently on the interior of a vehicle makes it a chore to clean interior glass with towel bunching up, knuckles leaving streaks when cleaning the farthest depths of the window/dash area and other such problems that most folks don`t encounter. Started pondering about sewing/fusing a small Silk Dryer into a mitt of sorts...and then remembered Gyeon has already done this for me: Hello Gyeon Silk Mitt, goodbye anger.

Cleaned my interior glass on a whim with it yesterday, no runs, no streaks, no errors, no lint. Enough interior padding and stiffness to easily manipulate into corners/recesses. Left the glass spotless and streak free, cleaned quicker than I could imagine. Finally, something that sounded good in my head actually proved to be such in actual practice.

Doesn`t look like Autopia stocks, though: Silk Mitt - Gyeon Quartz USA
    "" towel bunching up, knuckles leaving streaks when cleaning the farthest depths of the window/dash area and other such problems...""

We all have those same challenges with interior windshields, sunroof glass and especially slanting long glass back windows..

The first thing I ever found to take all those challenges away for me was this - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/glas...l#.WxGE5u5An3g

See the pic ? Just turn it around so the pointed end is facing down and place it on the glass..
    The long handle which is on a hinge, enables you to put up and down, side to side motion on the towel with great leverage...

I dont even use those handy elastic things that come with it.. I just put a slightly bigger microfiber towel on it, spray the glass cleaner on the towel, use the incredible - leverage - of the handle to get a great amount of pressure on the inside of the glass, take it off, put a clean cotton towel on it and wipe off any residue and I always get right down to the bottom, all the corners, edges, perfectly clean glass all the way round the Interior..

The pointed end in front is perfect for all those places our hands will never ever be able to reach..
    The leverage from the handle and the design of the cleaning head makes this really great !
    Dan F
    Likes davidc liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get some microfiber gloves. You can grip the microphone towel better and you don’t have to worry about oils from your hand smearing on the glass. You can even spray the glass cleaner directly onto the glove. 1Z Glass Cleaner is fantastic and is tint safe. You can get the 10 liter version on Amazon for $70 and pretty much never need any more as you can dilute it 6:1!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some good ideas here! Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Performance wise both are excellent. The 1z is just so economical I reach for it first.

That said I have a bunch of both. Tough addiction but much healthier than booze and cheaper than drugs .

Cannot go wrong with either.

Both perform excellently.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Between the two, which do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    and cheaper than drugs .
    I think it may be close...

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh...OK. Eh, between my Zep40 (never giving that up) and enough 50:1 to last a lifetime, I`ll just keep the other faves in mind and well, we`ll see.

After a lifetime of, uhm...accumulating...such stuff, I`m being more judicious these days. If I go first Accumulatorette will have a job on her hands as it is. Not that I`m expecting to prove mortal or anything....

Thread Information