Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq EXO V4 Released tomorrow?

Guess Gtechniq releasing new EXO tomorrow?

Gtechniq EXO V4 Released tomorrow?-exo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Loach, trashmanssd, Ronkh, KEVINS liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq EXO V4 Released tomorrow?

Hopefully it is more user friendly as well compared to V3.

It didn`t take long to reformulate as V3 was announced at SEMA in 2016.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I loved EXO v1 (Can)
    and EXO v2

It had great beading but did not last long so I looked elsewhere. I hope the V4 gets good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget hope to see a review...
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to top SPS base coat with it and see how it does. I`ve always been a fan of EXO.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Budget hope to see a review...
    I fear I`m on the sidelines for a bit, just gonna stick/cruise along with what I`ve found to work best for me if I run across a vehicle that interests me. My cars won`t need any real attention this summer so nothing much planned in this area for a bit.

Always wanted to give CSL & EXO a try, just never got around to it. I enjoyed CSL but it really just didn`t meet my needs in the self-cleaning area. EXO is supposed to help with that and had the combo in my cart a few times, never pulled the trigger though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I fear I`m on the sidelines for a bit, just gonna stick/cruise along with what I`ve found to work best for me if I run across a vehicle that interests me. My cars won`t need any real attention this summer so nothing much planned in this area for a bit.

Always wanted to give CSL & EXO a try, just never got around to it. I enjoyed CSL but it really just didn`t meet my needs in the self-cleaning area. EXO is supposed to help with that and had the combo in my cart a few times, never pulled the trigger though...
    As an enthusiast i`ve gotten to try wolfgang ceramic, migliore, 22ple vs1, 22ple hpc, kamikaze miyabi and ism, and csl + exov3. I applied that last combo on my friends lexus and it has been over year now and it still looks great with decent water beading. He is going to stop by this weekend where i was going to really do a more indepth look at it. I remember it being easy to apply, with decent flash time, and pretty easy removal.

I decided to go with kamikaze on my new car after seeing your reviews. My previous car was 2 coats of HPC and after almost 2 years people would stop and compliment me on the car looking immaculate.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DI has the product description and it all sounds nice. If it is much more user friendly then that is a big key. I was kind of turned off by it after using it on my car. Gyeon Skin and CarPro Gliss are easier top coats to use compared to Exo V3.

Also noticed a price jump from $50 to $65 for a 30ml bottle.

As of 6/1/18, EXOv4 replaced EXOv3. We still have v3 available in 30ml and 50ml sizes, but once they sell out, they will be gone forever!

The Gtechniq EXOv4 Ultra Durable Coating is a semi-permanent paint coating that will protect virtually any surface of your car! It is the latest technology to help protect your paint for years and enhance the appearance.

EXOv4 is a reformulation of the popular EXOv3. EXOv3 performed exceptionally well in various areas, but a few things stuck out to detailers and Gtechniq noticed that there was room to grow and take this product to the next level. Gtechniq worked hard and sent various samples directly to Accredited Detailers for some real-world testing and feedback. Hundreds of samples were sent to these to detailers all across the world in areas like Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and North America. After this first-hand testing, Gtechniq compiled all of the feedback and got to work and the results are the incredible EXOv4.

The first thing you notice is the EXOv4 is incredibly easy to apply and remove. EXOv4 is a non-hybrid formula comprised of two parts, an inorganic base coat and an organic top coat. The base coat is a chemically bonding hard coat that bonds directly to the surface with which it is applied. The top coat is very slick and wet looking. This is what gives you the gloss that everyone loves, but that is not it. This coat is also highly dirt and water repellent. The hard film makes water-spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals, road salt, and can help withstand micro-marring. You will be amazed at how glossy, slick to the touch and ultra-hydrophobic this coating is. Water will bead up in small drops and run off your paint with ease! You will notice this coating stands up to UV rays and everyday elements for up to 2 years! EXOv4 can be used on all painted surfaces including clear coat, matte finishes, enamel, single stage paint, wheels, chrome, and stainless parts and trim. Protect your paint with ease with the Gtechniq EXOv4 Ultra Durable Coating!

EXOv3 vs EXOv4:

• Easier application. Working time for the product is a bit longer meaning even easier application time.
    • Better durability. The slower flash off time of the carrier element of the product allows the hydrophobic film to form a more consistent film. Durability tests during winter, particularly in environments that have had heavily salted roads, have shown an improvement in performance of around 30 percent
    • Up to 2 years on a daily driven car
    • Same great gloss, water and dirt repellency

Box Contains:

• 1x 30ml or 50ml EXOv4
    • 1x pair of nitrile gloves
    • 1x AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator
    • 1x Master Instruction Leaflet
    • 1x WS1 Gtechniq Window Sticker

Storage and Use:

• Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a medium estate car i.e. a BMW 3 series touring, 30ml is sufficient but for full-sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
    • EXOv4 can be applied as a stand-alone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
    • If you are applying over C1, EXOv4 should be applied more than 2 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application
    • If you are applying over CSL, EXOv4 can either be applied straight away after you have finished applying CSL starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels you did with CSL, or it can be applied up to 24 hours after finishing the CSL application
    • Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
    • If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections
    • Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff, not directly to the panel) if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
    • Put on the nitrile gloves provided
    • Drop several (between 5 and 10) drops of product onto the applicator provided. Work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
    • Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2` x 2` (60x60cm), or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
    • If the surface of the vehicle is between 5 and 15 degrees Celsius, wait for two minutes and then fold your first MF1 twice to form a square, spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch. If the surface is between 15 and 25 Celsius wait for one minute and for temperatures above this, remove immediately
    • With your second folded cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise moving your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier
    • Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
    • Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
    • We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car
    • You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean and whilst EXOv4 has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine
    • EXOv4 can be overcoated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXOv4
    • An unopened bottle of EXOv4 has a 12-month shelf life from the time of purchase
    • Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that`s out of direct sunlight
    • We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m nut sure if I`m bummed or not about this new release. I just order CSL and EXO V3 for my car in order to qualify for last weekends discount..

ks
    2002 2V, Twin 60`s, Pi Heads, E85
    902HP @ 32psi, Silver Fox 4R70, Full Length 2.5" Exhaust, Mustang Dyno.

Post Thanks / Like

When will Autopia carry it? My V3 just arrived today but I`d rather return it if possible and use V4.

I practiced applying CSL and EXO V3 on my truck before doing the "good" vehicle and V3 is really difficult to wipe off and I would really hate to screw it up on my black car. I`m REALLY glad I practiced on my truck first!

ks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst310 View Post
    As an enthusiast i`ve gotten to try wolfgang ceramic, migliore, 22ple vs1, 22ple hpc, kamikaze miyabi and ism, and csl + exov3.
    What did ya think of Migliore?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had a chance to apply V4 yet?

I`ll be doing the CSL/EXO V4 this week on my car but last month I found V3 difficult to wipe off when doing my truck so I`m curious as to how easy the V4 is to wipe off compared to V3.

ks

Post Thanks / Like

I applied just EXO V4 last weekend on my friend`s new tahoe. I found it very very easy to use. It spreads evenly and thinly without much grabbiness. Waited around 2-3 minutes to wipe off; depending on the amount applied it would either flash or sweat. Wipe off I thought was a breeze, I went over it and could not find any high marks or imperfections. Longevity and hydrophobic properties remained to be seen but as a topper like coating I really think exo v4 is excellent from the application standpoint.
    Likes KEVINS, trashmanssd, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    What did ya think of Migliore?
    im also curious...have had my eye on the migliore strata coating ....about 10 years ago Migliore was the go to high end wax and sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    im also curious...have had my eye on the migliore strata coating ....about 10 years ago Migliore was the go to high end wax and sealant.
    I applied it about 2 years ago to a friends car. To that point I`d only put on wolfgang uber ceramic (not a fan), then 22ple hpc, next up was migliore. I liked the look, it had a nice deep darkening effect. It was also pretty easy to apply, doesn`t flash super fast, no issues on application or removal (maybe slightly more difficult then some to level off just because it goes on thin and hard to see), very straightforward. However i`d say longevity wise it was only OK. Definitely not a thick coating. I`d like to say its more of a topper like coating but hydrophobic properties while not bad, weren`t the best either.

To me I think it is a solid coating, but price about $20 to $30 too high. At close to $50 i think it would be an excellent choice. People would get something that looks great, easy to apply, and solid protection; but at $90 you start to get into a different arena of coatings. Then again it seems the price on coatings is now getting into the $150 area more and more so maybe it isn`t that outrageous at $90... Just my thoughts, if it were $60 i`d recommend it all day long.

Wish i had taken better pics of it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information