Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats a Good Spray Bottle ?

Yeah kind of a boring product, but they become expensive gear within a year when you have to replace a dozen of them when the nozzle no longer works or the bottle cracks. Mag acid is notorious for killing nozzles from working if I forget to rise then out with water once I use them. Also price is no indicator for a good spray bottle, but over the years I realize that certain models are more durable and work better than others.

The bottle of this model is extremely durable and stiff and will not easily squish when squeezed. Any other sprayers that you guys have had luck with ?
    Whats a Good Spray Bottle ?-0396196-simoniz-spray-bottle.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats a Good Spray Bottle ?

This is where I`m at , replacing all my bottle w/ 22oz. and sm. 8oz.
    Only sprayers that I`m using now, everyone I`ve tried, just ended up pissin` me off, leaked, broke or spray was uneven.
    GGs bottle I think is proprietary. At 3$. per.
    The sprayer and 8oz. I was able to find way cheap ...70¢ sprayer , 30¢ bottles
    Likes GTB, jatleson, Stokdgs, EdLancer, Jaddie liked this post
    Thanks Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Meguiars have served me well.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...e-bottles.html

The chemical resistant sprayer is the real deal.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B, EdLancer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/spra...l#.WwvtkaUpA0M

5 year warranty, best I`ve used when it comes to chemical resistance. It`s overkill for anything other than heavy duty wheel cleaners, strongly diluted apc, and iron removers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You can probably guess which bottles are my favorite...

For around $2 they`re a great spray bottle. The wide mouth makes it super easy to fill. We actually use these at work and they get used heavily. The only thing that does not last in them is Wheel Brightener. I`ve bought a Spraymaster to see if it will hold up, if not then I`ll buy one of These. I`ve tried the Meg`s chemical resistant sprayers and they do not hold up.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I use the (gray) Tolco sprayers.....mostly for APC and just had the first one fail after three years. That being said, I save every sprayer from Griots products and they will replace the Tolco ones when they wear out

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with PA Detailer on this one --- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...l#.WwxfDO5An3g
    Been using these for over a decade and never had one crack, fail, etc..
    I like how the top part of it is more ergonomic for my hand and I mix these at 35 ounces to 1.
    They are tall, hold a lot more product, less time filling them up again etc..
    math wise, they work like this --

10:1 = 3.25 ounces product, 32 oz water
    6:1 = 5 ounces product , 30 oz water
    4:1 = 7 ounces product, 28 oz water

Only had perhaps 1-2 of their nozzles fail in 16 years..
    Dan F
    Likes EdLancer liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the grey Tolco chem resistant sprayers. For bottles I like smaller bottles (except for waterless wash) so I order 4, 6 and 8 oz PET bottles from US Plastics. I prefer the Boston Round bottle shapes. I can get them in clear, amber, and cobalt blue. I got tired of wondering how much Can Coat or Kami Overcoat I have left in their cans, so I transfer the stuff into the Amber or blue Boston Rounds. Same with Cure, Blackfire Crystal Seal (RIP), and Mckees Paint Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have the spray heads that come on 303 products. They don’t leak and you get a great pattern for applying product. I hate sprayers that either stream or dribble. I’ve tried a lot of the ones sold by PBMG and never have been happy. I haven’t tried Griots though. I’ve just about given up and try to work with the crappy ones I have.
    Likes Mary B, EdLancer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the spraymaster bottles. He CG bottles are nice too for the smaller ones. I like the spray master bottles for presoak dilution for ONR and stuff like that, and the CG bottles for IPA and things I use less of or less frequently.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    You can probably guess which bottles are my favorite...

For around $2 they`re a great spray bottle. The wide mouth makes it super easy to fill. We actually use these at work and they get used heavily. The only thing that does not last in them is Wheel Brightener. I`ve bought a Spraymaster to see if it will hold up, if not then I`ll buy one of These. I`ve tried the Meg`s chemical resistant sprayers and they do not hold up.
    Those HDX bottles look exactly the ones Simoniz the only molded bottles that are rigid and sturdy with those reinforced round ridges. I seen the same bottle on much more expensive sprayers with a different spray nozzle. Home Depot sells the HDX sprayers here in Canada at $4.99ea.
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I find these dollar store compress sprayers are also great for spraying clay lube, at $3/bottle they can`t be beat most garden and hardware stores sell them for over $15

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....dL._SX425_.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Late to the party about sprayer nozzles (been out a awhile on vacation):
    I hate/dislike/cannot recommend SprayMaster nozzles that come with an otherwise pretty good bottle. They do not last, especially with Meg`s Acid Wheel Brightener diluted 1:4, even after washing/rinsing out the nozzle. I got MAYBE 5 applications with it before it quite. Bought another one to replace it, and the nozzle sprayed WAY too much product, even after adjusting it to a "finer" spray. The bottle itself is good, but the bottle/nozzle combo is now demoted to spraying distilled water for rinses.
    With a new order of car-care chemicals through the Autopian Store (gotta support this forum!) I bought (3) Meg`s Detailer Line product-specific bottles along with the Meg`s grey chemical-resistant sprayers. I see some of you have not-so-great experience with them, but I do not use then daily as a hobbyist detailer. We`ll see how they last; so far, so good (but then again, they ARE brand-new).

What I have found that "works" as a nozzle with Megs Acid Wheel Brightener is to repurpose the black nozzle that comes with Eagle 1 A-to-Z wheel cleaner. It is important to wash out the nozzle after using it to prolong the life of the seals, and I may get about 15-25 applications out of it before it expires using this method. As Accumulator says ," Your mileage may very. (YMMV)". No, I have not tried Tolko`s gold acid-resistant sprayer (yes, there is such a nozzle!) for this purpose.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I got one a couple of these double mist sprayers at D&B Supply for pretty cheap and they seem to be holding up quite well. My local D&B only had the smaller .5 liter in the non chemical resistant variety but I have been using them with ONR diluted for clay lube or quick clean up jobs and they have been great.

Double Mist`

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    The sprayer and 8oz. I was able to find way cheap ...70¢ sprayer , 30¢ bottles
    Where`d you find the Opus sprayer? I`ve wanted to buy a few of these for a good while, but the only source I can find is US Plastic, and shipping begins at about US$11.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information