Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow *NEW* Poorboys world strip down wax stripper.

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Loach liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *NEW* Poorboys world strip down wax stripper.

Saw this yesterday. Immediately went to ACC store to see if they have the "new products" page updated with this along with a sale. Nope. Not yet.

The Strip Down could be good. I`m sure (and hopeful) Loach will test it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Saw this yesterday. Immediately went to ACC store to see if they have the "new products" page updated with this along with a sale. Nope. Not yet.

The Strip Down could be good. I`m sure (and hopeful) Loach will test it out.
    I think you can put it in the comment section with a link to it on autogeek site and they will add it to your order. I have done this in the past with stuff that is on the AGO site but not on ACC.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got it on order, I have some sap spots on the paint that I want to test this out on.

Details from Poorboy`s World:

Poorboy`s World Strip Down is a high-powered, yet paintwork safe wax stripper that removes old car wax and sealants, removes polishing oils and buffing residue, cuts through tough road film, gets rid of mold and mildew, dissolves dirt and grime and removes tree sap safely and effectively. When you want to remove old layers of wax, dirt, grime and sap and start with a clean surface, you need to take it all off with Strip Down!

• Strips Off Wax and Sealants
    • Removes Polishing Oils & Residue
    • Cuts Through Tough Road Film
    • Gets Rid of Mold and Mildew
    • Dissolves Dirt & Grime
    • Softens and Removes Tree Sap

DIRECTIONS:

1. Prepare your car wash supplies such as water supply, car wash soap, buckets, etc before using.
    2. Rinse vehicle thoroughly with clean water to remove loose dirt and debris.
    3. Without drying the vehicle, spray Strip Down directly onto the paint surface that you want to strip.
    4. Make sure to obtain even coverage and proceed to spray Strip Down onto the all of the vehicle`s painted surfaces.
    5. Now wash and agitate the surface with a wash mitt and car wash soap as usual.
    6. Rinse thoroughly, dry and proceed with detailing as usual.

With Strip Down from Poorboy`s World, you will now have a paint surface that is free of wax and sealant and is ready for polishing and reapplication of your favorite paint protection products.

So this is a use wet, wash and rinse type spray. Details look good - they do note the use for old waxes and sealants.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes JustJesus, Ronkh, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be honest, I don`t understand what these products do that you couldn`t do with a strong APC mix. Is there more solvents? If I want to truly remove my lsp I`m going to polish and if I just want to add more sealant, topper, etc I`m not going to worry about it.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very good results in the first test. I applied Zymol Titanium 3 days ago on the paint (not polish prepped beforehand). Washed today with 1 oz per 1 gallon dilution of Adam`s Strip Wash with little impact, strong beading and quick sheeting remained. Sprayed Poorboy`s Strip Down when wet on half the hood, went over the area again with the same mitt and the beading was dead during the rinse. No etching marks where it made contact on the paint.

On my front bumper I`ve had McKee`s 37 SiO2 for 7+ months, extremely strong performance remaining and I tried Strip Down on a section. The coating was significantly damaged in various areas, not full removal but permanently impacted. Very cool, more testing to come!

After Strip Down:

Rinse:

On top of McKee`s SiO2 Coating:

Damage:
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Thanks VitreousHumor, Ronkh, Diner, Mary B, KBsToy and 2 others thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt this stuff would have much impact on dried pine sap. I will buy some to see how it works on neglected cars that sit under pecan trees. I was really disappointed in CGs version of this shampoo. Of course I’m disappointed in most of CGs offerings.
    Likes Bert, Mary B, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this alkali or acid based ? Light acid can remove contamination but Alkaline products impact LSPs more it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

MattaPersman- Good Q! Yeah, overall I find alkaline products cover more bases in general.

Wonder how it compares with AI/VG`s "A". No no, I`m not hating on this PB Strip Down at all! I like the idea of people using such stuff instead of going abrasive when it`s not necessary.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I`ll be honest, I don`t understand what these products do that you couldn`t do with a strong APC mix..
    I bet something like P21s TAW can do a lot of this stuff too, though I dunno if it rinses quite as clean as maybe this stuff does.

BUT...I`ve had some APCs be awfully nasty to certain materials, kinda surprised me. IIRC it was my EF Hi-Intensity (yes, I`m still using that up!) that destroyed the sprayer in *very* short order! Same type of sprayer I`d been using with all sorts of serious products...made me wonder about what that EFHI might do to some plastic bits on the car, so I`ve since been more judicious about what I use it for.

AI/VG makes a huge deal out of how "A" won`t damage anything despite being so alkaline and I don`t worry about using that on most anything. Smart-[alecks] like Yours Truly sometimes quip that it won`t even hurt serious contamination, but it really just takes longer than I`d like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Very good results in the first test. I applied Zymol Titanium 3 days ago on the paint (not polish prepped beforehand). Washed today with 1 oz per 1 gallon dilution of Adam`s Strip Wash with little impact, strong beading and quick sheeting remained. Sprayed Poorboy`s Strip Down when wet on half the hood, went over the area again with the same mitt and the beading was dead during the rinse. No etching marks where it made contact on the paint.

On my front bumper I`ve had McKee`s 37 SiO2 for 7+ months, extremely strong performance remaining and I tried Strip Down on a section. The coating was significantly damaged in various areas, not full removal but permanently impacted. Very cool, more testing to come!

After Strip Down:

Rinse:

On top of McKee`s SiO2 Coating:

Damage:
    Very interesting product! Did you reapply any LSP after this or washed with a soap like reset? To see if it`s just left something on to kill the beading and sheeting. Do you know what chemicals it`s based on?

Would be intresting to see the effectiveness on imbedded road grime. That would be a hughe benefit to get as much of that without any claying or and polishing. But get as a clean surface as possible before reapply a LSP. And whatever LSP you chose the better it would bond to the paint with a greater chance to a long longevity of the claimed longevity.
    Likes Mary B, KBsToy, nickclark08, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for write up, any product to make stripping process easier...
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, more testing to come!
    Thanks, Loach! Saw the video. Good job with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Came here to comment the same, so I`ll just tag onto your post

Thanks Loach

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks, Loach! Saw the video. Good job with that.
    Likes Loach, JustJesus liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review and the testing on a Coating ... we did not have a lot of feedback on if it would remove coatings partially or fully as we know it would for wax and sealants during our testing.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes Loach, rlmccarty2000, Ronkh, JustJesus liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information