Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your favorite rinseless wash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The way Garry comes across online kinda lends itself to extreme opinions both pro and con. Garry`s uhm....Online Personna...makes him an easy target for people who like to denigrate others. I`ll readily admit he comes across as, uhm...somebody I wouldn`t want to get stuck in an elevator with...but again, in my limited dealings with him he was 100% stand-up and I admire and respect him (which I sure don`t say lightly).

And more to the point, I have *ZERO*criticisms of the IUDJ. None at all. Period. And I`m no fan of RWs in general.

I think you meant "an OBJECTIVE" review If you do get some Forever Rinseless, I`d love to hear what you think of it. If you happen to discuss this stuff with him when you order, I`d also be interested to hear what he has to say about "why choose that over IUDJ + JB", although you might have to, uhm...nudge him out of "all my stuff is wonderful!"-salesman mode
    I emailed him asking which would be better protection wise, IUDJ+JB or Forever. He told to go with Forever. Seeing how it`s considerably cheaper I gotta give him a thumbs up in the honesty department. He didn`t get into any details why, but he recommended the cheaper route so I`m okay with the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Do yourself a favor and grab some of his Magnum Motorcycle Juice, it`s more on par price wise with the budget friendly rinseless washes and is neck and neck with duragloss rinseless in my opinion for the best out of the dozen or so I`ve tried. I prefer it to iudj and if memory serves me, it`s half the price or less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I have zero experience with any rinseless washes but plan on picking one up for winter.

I am looking at McKee’s 37 n-914 as a first go at it. Is there any sort of pre-spray I should get to spray the panel with prior? (Remember I will be doing this for winter cleaning). I have actually though about just going to the pay n spray and washing the spraying the grime off and then doing the rinseless wash? Good idea or bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    N-914 is one of the best. Definitely the best cleaning rinseless wash. Car pro ech2o rinseless wash leaves a better finish. Optimum no rinse (ONR) is also great. I just use a one gallon sprayer filled with the rinseless wash solution to spray on to soak prior to washing. I use the optimum big red sponge with a grit guard in the bucket. If you have a car wash close to you to spray the grime off that works best. If you don’t, that’s ok just be careful not to use much pressure when you’re washing so you don’t scratch the finish. If you do it without rinsing I’d recommend using the Gary Dean two bucket method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I emailed him asking which would be better protection wise, IUDJ+JB or Forever. He told to go with Forever. Seeing how it`s considerably cheaper I gotta give him a thumbs up in the honesty department. He didn`t get into any details why, but he recommended the cheaper route so I`m okay with the suggestion.
    That sounds like Garry, so maybe that *is* the right route for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by top189h
    Do yourself a favor and grab some of his Magnum Motorcycle Juice, it`s more on par price wise with the budget friendly rinseless washes and is neck and neck with duragloss rinseless in my opinion for the best out of the dozen or so I`ve tried. I prefer it to iudj and if memory serves me, it`s half the price or less.
    Hey, that`s interesting! Why do you like it better than the IUDJ? Better cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I have zero experience with any rinseless washes but plan on picking one up for winter.. I have actually though about just going to the pay n spray and washing the spraying the grime off and then doing the rinseless wash? Good idea or bad idea?
    IMO the more touchless cleaning you do before using the RW the better,whether at a spray-it-yourself place or one of those robotic touchless setups. IMO that`d be a lot better than trying to use something else as a pre-spray. BUT...no free lunch!..most touchless places use pretty potent chemicals, which can really compromise LSPs. Eh, I`d still rather do it that way, and the touchless (if you find a good one) will hopefully have an undercarriage spray.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a strong opinion on rinseless washes, generally preferring the more traditional bucket washes. The two I have used over the years are ONR and IUDJ + JB. More often than not I use these as drying aids and cleaning door jambs. After several bottles (16 oz) of IUDJ (boosted w/J I can only say that it is a very average performer. It cleans door jambs OK, nothing stellar, just OK. Where I feel it under performs is protection (based on Dean`s claims). As stated earlier in this thread, Garry Dean`s public persona can be off-putting, and I disregard most all of his hype and hyperbole about his abilities and those of his products. That being said, I still might try the FR product, if the right sale price comes along. ONR is no better or worse than IUDJ + JB when it comes to cleaning, but I wish they would calm the blue dye factor down.

Edit to add: Another failure for IUDJ + JB is on glass. Can you say SMEAR?
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice to see you on the board Mr. Clean.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Wow! Nice to see you on the board Mr. Clean.
    YES!! Good to see you posting! And I really appreciated your takes on IUDJ + JB and ONR (which I assume is a much newer version than I have).

I`ve never really asked my RW to do any significant cleaning, so the mediocrity there was news to me..good to know that though.

Also good to know that the protection doesn`t last all that long...although I`m still impressed with how UNboosted IUDJ does in that regard (hey, color me easily impressed perhaps ). I do wonder how you would gauge its durability...Garry of course makes it sound like it`ll hold up like some coating since he`s a salesman.

Does the ONR`s blue tint still fade away the way it does with my older version? After being mixed for a while it fades away to near-clear but still works the same.

Now I`m hoping you (and others) post about the FR.

Oh, and I can never get RW to work right on glass at all. I end up just cleaning it off with a Glass Cleaner when it gets on there.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to clean better, and even leaves behind a little protection. I just mix up a gallon or two and do the inside, outside, wheels, windows engine bay, everything with it and it just flat works. It may be a placebo effect that I like it more just because of the price difference, but I certainly wouldn`t say iudj is any better much less twice as good.

Post Thanks / Like

The IUDJ, unboosted, leaves a surprising amount of protection behind too. I wipe down our trashcan (inside and out..we use liners) every week, and that thing seems LSPed. Really glossy and slick, beads like crazy.

I`m trying to figure out whether JB, or even FR, would be worth the upgrade. Sorta leaning towards "not broke/don`t fix".

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Accumulator, you easily impressed? I doubt that. As far as gauging durability, that would be an excellent question for Garry. As for me, my less than scientific assessment is how the surface reacts to water, how it resists (releases) dirt/grime, and slickness. I don`t ask too much from my RW`s either. Door jambs do get dirtier than one would think and I sometimes surprise myself with "how did I miss that spot" and bird/bug leftovers that the mitt did not completely resolve.

I don`t recall the age of my ONR, but the blue does not dissipate.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Clean- I`m certain your ONR is a lot newer than mine, especially with the lingering color.

And yeah...jambs *do* get dirty! Sigh, the ones on the Audis take forever to do.

Heh heh, I bet my being impressed with the IUDJ has to do with my utter *LACK* of positive impression regarding ONR and QEW (anybody remember *that* one?). That and Garry`s persona...I mean, between my previous experiences with RW and the way he comes across online, I might`ve set the bar pretty low. But OTOH, I *did* buy a whole gallon of the stuff!

And again, Garry Dean is 100% stand-up, a true gentleman whom I`m happy to do business with.

EDIT: I`ve posted before about how the first time I used IUDJ to clean wheels I went ahead and let it get on the rotors, thinking "it`ll wear right off the first time I apply the brakes". Wrong, the first (nice and firm) brake application didn`t do anything except raise my bloodpressure and make me glad I didn`t really need to stop. NEVER expected that. That made a definite impression regarding the stuff it leaves behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully my memories of trying to wash with QEW in the winter are now distant ones.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Heh heh, I knew *somebody* here would remember that QEW Yeah, I just *bet* you`re glad those days are behind you!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat Duragloss Rinseless wash for the price.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information