Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Washes Taking the Place of QDs and Spray Waxes

Many rinseless washes advertise they can be used in place of QDs and Spray Waxes. Have any of you stopped buying QD and or Spray Waxes and only use detail strength Uber, ONR w/wax, IUDJ, Ultma, etc.. Or do you find dedicated QDs and Spray Waxes just do a better job.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes Taking the Place of QDs and Spray Waxes

I use a water-less / rinse-less wash product. They clean great and if you buy concentrated versions, it`s dirt cheap. Plus if I want to add gloss, then I use the product of my choice which is compatible with my LSP. In my case that quick gloss product is ceramic based because by LSP is a ceramic coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I just converted today to doing this. This is McKees. I found no issues at all with this method. I will be using it as a drying aid. Much more economical and the performance is still there.

https://youtu.be/mqI7_yViMIY
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes HCF, Mary B, trashmanssd, tropicsteve liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not stopped buying spray waxes and quick detailers, as my detailing addiction prevents it.

So many interesting options to try... I would get bored using the same rinseless/waterless product exclusively.

With that said, if I WAS to stay with one IUDJ, ECH2O, Uber, Trifecta, and Griots Rinseless would all be great!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mckees n914, uber(i just bought some more with the 20% sale hehe), ONR, Blackfire, Ech2o. I find them to be more economical. You can make some nice Spray waxes/ coating maintenance as well. Ech20 at QD ratio with a few oz. of reload makes a really nice slick maintenance product for coatings after a wash and I don`t get the same streaking issue as when using reload alone sometimes.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I use car pro ech20 as a rinseless and have completely stopped using any QD`S or anything else. I just wash the car once a week and I`m done. Car is detailed with Carpro essence plus reload.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use OCW and UQW/D156 for certain specific things, but otherwise I`m just using up all my (many gallons of) QDs since IMO IUDJ does everything better.

The stuff I use my SprayWaxes on is *so* specific...this piece of trim on that vehicle, the rocker panels on the A8, plastic lenses that can`t be replaced (those lenses get OCW). Well, OK...I am using OCW as the LSP on my wife`s car, other than a few specific bits that need something else.

But QDs? Nope, only really want M34 for use when buffing off compound residue. I don`t plan to *ever* buy another QD again.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t bought any QDs since I found ECH2O with Reload. My detailing sickness will not allow me to say I will never buy another QD, but it’s doubtful I can find anything that cleans, shines, and protects any better.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll clarify by saying I don’t use QDs very much any more, but I have been enjoying Angelwax Enigma QED as a drying aid after rinseless washing.

QED leaves a unique “glow” to the paint and seems to work quite nicely with PA Cosmic on my navy blue car...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t bought a QD or “new” spray wax in quite awhile. The last QDs I bought were Fk425 and Gloss Shop QD. Both are great and I buy Fk425 by the gallon. Not sure if I will be buying more when I run out though. I still buy and use a good bit of Opti Car wax as well as CarPro Reload.

With new and better waterless washes I don’t see the need for QD when these are better and should be safer for cleaning up water spots and smudges. I use a lot of UWWP because I bought it by the gallon in a club I am in for a great price as well as their new Acylic waterless wash. I also have been using a good bit of IUDJ and Gloss shop Trifecta. These last two might be all I use going forward. The IUDJ has that good cleaning with a polymer sealer built in. While the
    Trifecta is similar but has a more wax like finish and look.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 favorites would be the ones that don`t streak my black paint.

Jay Leno`s QD, liked it so much went from a 4oz. sample straight to a gallon.
    Pinnacle Spray Wax, to catch any streaks from a RW and to give that extra POP !

Post Thanks / Like

I can agree that I have no “need” for QDs anymore, but my addiction also keeps me buying and using them. I have about 25 varieties to choose from based on my LSP or what I’m trying to accomplish. I have 6 waterless washes and I use those a lot too for cleaning, but WDs do give that extra shine after or inbetween washes that waterless or rinse less QD dilution just isn’t as good at (which is fine, they all have their place)

In my opinion spray waxes have their own separate, protective use that prevents them from being considered redundant with waterless/rinseless QD from a functionality aspect.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a waterless/rinseless wash addict. I still like spray waxes for buying time after a LSP has gone Bye Bye but I dont want to make time to prep for a new LSP. Quick detailers are dead to me, fells like a waste of money buying what is basically a waterless wash pre diluted and for a lot more money. I like Uber, UWW, (got UWW ceramic or what ever the white one they make is to try), N914 (its ok I dont love it), D114 (love this when its cold out because it flashes dry quickly, hate it in the summer because it flashes dry to quickly), ONR/ONRW liked these but have moved on using whats left in my wash bucket as water softener.

I am going to try going to a hybrid Rinseless/conventional wash method for my toy car. Out side with a hose but use rinsless wash solution (Maybe both rinseless and normal wash mixed at their normal strengths so twice the cleaning properties and lubrication) with 15-20 towels. use 1-2 towels for each panel then toss them in the dirty towel bucket. I have been using the 2 bucket method but I am still getting more marring then I would like on my black paint.

On most my waterless rinseless products I am a little strong on my product in the mix. I want as much lubrication I can get. What ever there mix instructions are I go with the ratio with the most product in it first and adjust from there. Some times less is more and some times more is more, I will try up to double the product in the dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only true QD I used was Adams before I switched to rinseless wash mixes and never looked back. Currently enjoying Uber @ 3 oz/gal. Use it for wiping down jambs, cleaning up water spots and runs after washing, quick interior wipe downs, and occasionally a drying aid if I`m not putting down a WOWA sealant.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll use a QD and waterless wash interchanagbly, but I`m not sure I`d use a waterless wash in the place of a spray wax in all situations. It depends on the vehicle`s LSP

For a coated car, I can see using something like Ech20 as QD and booster/spray wax. In fact I`ll most likely do it the next time I apply a coating. However, if a car is wearing a wax or sealant as an LSP, I would use a QD and waterless wash for the same purpose, but I`d keep a spray wax on hand to boost the sealant. The spray waxes are much more durable than any QD or waterless wash I`ve tried and that is more important for me when using a sealant since coatings should be plenty durable on their own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information