Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

I did my dance with Zano. When there were just waxes out in auto detailing for lsp it was novel and durable comparatively. Now it’s just too many coats for too much money for too little protection imho.

Try polish angel for looks and better durability.

Try any of the true flash off coatings for best durability. Brands I’ve had sucess with that I would recommend are gtech, gyeon, polish angel, nanolex and most recently IGL.

Welcome to the Autopia boards. Best forums for detailing on the www.
    Likes BadgerRivFan, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks killerzee thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    The only way I see Zaino paint protectants as outdated is if you compare them to ceramic coatings. Ease of use, beading, looks and durability are top notch still after all these years. Same goes for Z6, 8, 9, 10 & 16. Regulars in my arsenal still.
    NO WAY! With all the salt on the Michigan roads, the sides of a daily driver with loads of ZAINO would be contaminated after a winter. I experienced this on my Audi A6 in the NY winter. The AUDI IS garage kept. After a few months of winter, the top had protection, but the salt had contaminated the doors to the point that it needed a good clay in the spring.
    Likes Len_nA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I did my dance with Zano. When there were just waxes out in auto detailing for lsp it was novel and durable comparatively. Now it’s just too many coats for too much money for too little protection imho.

Try polish angel for looks and better durability.

Try any of the true flash off coatings for best durability. Brands I’ve had sucess with that I would recommend are gtech, gyeon, polish angel, nanolex and most recently IGL.

Welcome to the Autopia boards. Best forums for detailing on the www.
    THANK YOU!

I think you`re completely CORRECT! There are many new products and companies out there now. But the sad fact was that Mothers Carnauba Paste Wax, and Meguiars waxes from the 90`s offered me more protection on my daily drivers which were parked in the NYC STREETS, than my Zaino covered cars, barely driven, and parked in climate controlled garages.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m just very skeptical about products with lavish websites, and high prices. They`re simply like Bose. The product costs pennies on the dollar, but they spend all of their money on Marketing, and then charge high prices....Same way The Bentley Bentayga is 5 times better than an Audi Q7???????? Since the Audi costs $50K, and the Bentley costs $250k.

Pricing is a game..... a game I have played in my professional career. When I worked in Pricing groups of companies, we always worked closely with the Marketing group to determine how to set the prices for different products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    Wait, just because Zaino is outdated doesn`t mean it stopped working all together. Killerzee, sounds like you`re using the wrong product. ZAIO is a cleaner and polish, not a paint decontaminate.
    I have used ZAIO to remove minor contamination and dirt from the paint, which it should do since it is a cleaner and polish. Especially with a Green Pad, and higher speed on the Polisher.
    Likes Lansing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I see Zaino paint protectants as outdated is if you compare them to ceramic coatings. Ease of use, beading, looks and durability are top notch still after all these years. Same goes for Z6, 8, 9, 10 & 16. Regulars in my arsenal still.
    Zaino, true to its moniker in some senses, is a `show car polish` although `polish` is a bit misleading. Never heard of Zaino referred to as a protestant as in my experience, it protected from little, if anything.

Post Thanks / Like

David Fermani- Hey, good to see you posting here!

ZAIO...yeah, I like/use/recommend it, but I`d sure never use it as a stand-alone, only with a durable topper but then I wouldn`t use *any* AIO that way. No, it`s sure not perfect and I wish it had different abrasives (i.e., ones that`re OK on hard black plastic).

Yes, ZAIO *DOES* "decontaminate"...with the qualification that how "decontaminate" is defined can factor in to opinions on the subject. (I just go by "removes contaminants" which it does, just not as thoroughly/categorically as some other approaches.)

Gee, when I read about how briefly [some LSP] lasts, and how so many people get bonded contaminants and stuff etching through their LSPs, I just scratch my head and thank my lucky stars that my experiences are long longer like that. I`d simply go nuts if I still had to redo stuff all the time the way we all did back in the day (including the days when I used Collinite).

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    David Fermani- Hey, good to see you posting here!

ZAIO...yeah, I like/use/recommend it, but I`d sure never use it as a stand-alone, only with a durable topper but then I wouldn`t use *any* AIO that way. No, it`s sure not perfect and I wish it had different abrasives (i.e., ones that`re OK on hard black plastic).

Yes, ZAIO *DOES* "decontaminate"...with the qualification that how "decontaminate" is defined can factor in to opinions on the subject. (I just go by "removes contaminants" which it does, just not as thoroughly/categorically as some other approaches.)

Gee, when I read about how briefly [some LSP] lasts, and how so many people get bonded contaminants and stuff etching through their LSPs, I just scratch my head and thank my lucky stars that my experiences are long longer like that. I`d simply go nuts if I still had to redo stuff all the time the way we all did back in the day (including the days when I used Collinite).
    And all of this working or not working, working a short time or a long time, still has to do with the Prep Work before the Zaino is applied, how many drops of ZFX are in the Z2 or Z5, and how long it takes to dry, etc...
    Again, I have seen Zaino Rep`s vehicles with a LOT of Zaino on them, and they looked incredible.. And none of them ever had issues with stuff coming through..
    I did not have time to add that many layers of it, just did the 3 within the 24-hour window, and out the vehicle went..

For sure, their Leather Cleaner is great for getting all leather ready for the final step. And after application, removed with steam through a white cotton towel, its amazing how much dark gunk comes up out of the leather - and it is NOT the color of the Leather either..

Their Glass Cleaner is also good and I have used a lot of bottles of that product with 4" pads, on a Porter Cable 7424...
    Dan F
    Likes Lansing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- Huh, interesting about their Leather Cleaner and Glass Cleaner being so good. Hey, I did love (v1.0) Z16.

And, heh heh...the Reps` vehicles *better* be awfully nice!

But all that meticulous care that needs to be taken....eh, OK..some people *like* doing this stuff and some people *really* like that Zaino Look.

If the Z[polishes] build up well, then I can imagine x layers being properly protective. Six layers of KSG protected fine so something else that layers oughta too.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Killerzee you are confusing me saying zaino doesn`t work and then it works, I`m so confused.

Here`s how I see ZAIO. If you`re not OCD about your coating and need easy basic protection, ZAIO is good and easy enough that you could do every few months. Because you could do it that often, you`d have pretty solid protection.

I`m OCD and have been totally brainwashed with Gtechniq so I no longer use ZAIO. I do keep some in case a friend or relative wants me to help polish their vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    Killerzee you are confusing me saying zaino doesn`t work and then it works, I`m so confused.

Here`s how I see ZAIO. If you`re not OCD about your coating and need easy basic protection, ZAIO is good and easy enough that you could do every few months. Because you could do it that often, you`d have pretty solid protection.

I`m OCD and have been totally brainwashed with Gtechniq so I no longer use ZAIO. I do keep some in case a friend or relative wants me to help polish their vehicle.
    Sorry for any confusion. ZAINO DOES NOT WORK!!!! IT NEVER WORKED! It does polish, and create a shine, but DOES NOT PROTECT AT ALL!

Like I said before, old school waxes from the 90`s offered much more protection.

If you think ZAIO works, you must live in an area with very little pollutants, and keep your car in a garage. As I mentioned before, some parts of the US have very little air pollutants. Cars in these areas can go like 6 months without a car wash and have very little paint contamination. ( I ENVY YOU GUYS)

But in the North, especially in the NEW YORK area.... our cars pick up ALL types of pollutants. I`m not asking for 6 or 9 month protection.... but at least offer me 3 months of protection on a car I keep relatively clean, and in the garage ALL THE TIME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    And all of this working or not working, working a short time or a long time, still has to do with the Prep Work before the Zaino is applied, how many drops of ZFX are in the Z2 or Z5, and how long it takes to dry, etc...
    Again, I have seen Zaino Rep`s vehicles with a LOT of Zaino on them, and they looked incredible.. And none of them ever had issues with stuff coming through..
    I did not have time to add that many layers of it, just did the 3 within the 24-hour window, and out the vehicle went..

For sure, their Leather Cleaner is great for getting all leather ready for the final step. And after application, removed with steam through a white cotton towel, its amazing how much dark gunk comes up out of the leather - and it is NOT the color of the Leather either..

Their Glass Cleaner is also good and I have used a lot of bottles of that product with 4" pads, on a Porter Cable 7424...
    Dan F
    ZAINO DOES NOT WORK!

It might offer mild protection in areas like California, or Florida, but not the rest of the US... nor cities. Even their flagship Clear-Seal would barely seal anything at all.

I brought this up to Sal, and he advised me to use ZFX with my Z2, Z5, and ZAIO for better protection and shine. But this DID NOT HELP AT ALL! I was first very disappointed with damage to my black Audi A6. Then my Corvette was contaminated after being at the shop for 2 weeks. Once again, I brushed it off. This spring I rewashed the car, and it`s contaminated. The last coatings were Z2 with ZFX in August of 2017. The car was used in September and October a handful of times. Each time, it was parked in the garage. It was never parked outside more than 5 or 6 hours during each use. I washed the car twice during this period, and used Z8 after each wash. The car was at the shop for 3 days, and parked outside during the day. They did wash the car before returning it to me. ( Which I HATED) Then the car was stored from November til April. I washed it recently, and my paint feels like sandpaper. The sides, and rear are much worse, and I`ve already clayed the rear. I used the ZAIO with a green pad, hoping it would remove any minor contamination I may have left.... however after a Z8 wipedown.... It is still contaminated. NOW I MUST CLAY!

This is where I am today. I ordered the Blue Clay from Claymagic, and many products from Mckee`s 37. I plan to use the Iron remover, Clay, Jewel Polish, and then their new Wax, followed by their 10 minute sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw man....

IF [whatever product] works for somebody then...*IT WORKS*. Lots of stuff does *NOT* work for me, but it still works fine for others and vice-versa.

I`d never use Z`s polishes for a whole lotta reasons, nor would I ever rely on an untopped AIO of any kind, but for somebody else those approaches are just fine.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, killerzee thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

David, I`m glad I`m not the only one that feels this way. After all these years I still find Zaino to be the most reliable, durable best all-around product in my arsenal. It pretty much beats 75% of the other products in my cabinet. I`ve spent good money on LSP`s, and coatings, that just doesn`t perform as stated. Of course I realize that it time is always a factor with Zaino. CarPro CQuartz with Reload is the only combo I`ve found I like just as much.
    But results don`t lie, and neither does my durability!

Killerzee- I`m in a very polluted, salt infested environment. May through November is construction season around here as well. So when you say Zaino doesn`t work, that is nothing short of laughable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, dpritchett, Lansing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post
    David, I`m glad I`m not the only one that feels this way. After all these years I still find Zaino to be the most reliable, durable best all-around product in my arsenal. It pretty much beats 75% of the other products in my cabinet. I`ve spent good money on LSP`s, and coatings, that just doesn`t perform as stated. Of course I realize that it time is always a factor with Zaino. CarPro CQuartz with Reload is the only combo I`ve found I like just as much.
    But results don`t lie, and neither does my durability!

Killerzee- I`m in a very polluted, salt infested environment. May through November is construction season around here as well. So when you say Zaino doesn`t work, that is nothing short of laughable.
    I happen to agree. I`ve used Zaino since first picking up a BMW on European Delivery in Munich in 2003. Since then, I`ve tried lots of products, but the Zaino keeps my cars well-protected while providing decent longevity.

In the early days, I`d Zaino monthly to accumulate layers. Now I use it twice a month on all my cars, and it provides year-round protection. I like Z2, Z5, AIO and the ZFX when needed.
    Likes WaxManRonnie, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information