Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran or Angelwax Enigma wax

I believe Enigma will last longer due to being ceramic infused. My question is, will it offer anything else over Souveran to make it worth the purchase (I already have souveran). Depth? shine? etc.

Some history...
    The car was coated with CQuartz UK 3.0 last summer. It gets weekly washes with Carpro Reset and occasionally hit with Carpro Reload while drying. Before a cars and coffee event or something similar, I will sometimes go over it with Pinnacle Souveran after washing for that little bit of extra shine.

I`m interested in the Enigma after seeing a lot of positive reviews. But having never used it or seen it used in person, I`m unsure how it compares to Souveran or if there is really any difference. The longevity really isn`t an issue since the vehicle is frequently waxed anyway.

Has anyone used both products that can provide some information?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Souveran or Angelwax Enigma wax

Mornin` fastbird96

All I can say is Souveran is a sweeet wax, but pure concourse, a show wax.
    The last time I used it, was before a 400 mile round trip and I swear it had blown off by the time I got home.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a from Angelwax that is compatible with coatings. Look up the AW The Fifth Element that is made to be used on coatings as a show car wax of some sorts. Their show car wax which I have but not tested it out yet is Desirable wax if you want it to be more wax like. Enigma QED is their topper you can say and is really great for what it is and think that would suit your situation a little more maybe. But if you like the waxing on your car go with the Enigma Wax. You can also get the Enigma Car Soap which gives you the Enigma looks good. And wash with that and top it with Enigma QED is a sweet combo. But Enigma looks is something in between a carnuaba wax and a coating. Nice glow look for being a coating product. So it could be worth to test out the Enigma QED or car soap first and see if you like the looks from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran is great, and you don’t care about durability. I have not used Angelwax products but it sounds like they be more part of a longer term solution for synergy with coatings. If you prefer the deep carnauba look to the coating look (I’m guessing this is the case for shows), then maybe you stick with what you have.

If you’re yearning for a more “coating-looking” top shine, that’s probably where Angelwax would be beneficial.

Sorry, this is all obvious sounding and may not be very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

fastbird96- Welcome to Autopia!

Noting that I`ve used Souveran since forever (decades..), IME anything you put over top of it will alter the "Souveran look" and thus render use of the Souveran pointless.

And I too consider it basically a "few days worth of durability" product, or at least one that should be reapplied after every wash. Not that I let that stop me from using it on Daily Drivers back when I was nuttier about this stuff and had different LSP priorities

Post Thanks / Like

Cost a lot but infinity wax seems interesting. 40% Japanese glass coating and 50% carnuba. Also heard great things about polish angel carnuba arts offerings. Will be ordering black wolfenite for the little “extra” for summer weekends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you guys recommending purchasing of Angelwax Enigma or Fifth Element?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I may have to give the Angelwax a try just to see how it performs. Now I`m torn between Enigma or Fifth element.

I may give the Enigma shampoo a try also. It looks like an interesting product.

I`m not really sure I would use the QED. I`m just not convinced it would replace Carpro Reload for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastbird96 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I may have to give the Angelwax a try just to see how it performs. Now I`m torn between Enigma or Fifth element.

I may give the Enigma shampoo a try also. It looks like an interesting product.

I`m not really sure I would use the QED. I`m just not convinced it would replace Carpro Reload for me.
    Give the Enigma Schampoo a try and you will see how it looks. It`s a synergy so the looks are simualar. The Enigma QED gives me around 3months longevity with great water behavior. So Reload and Enigma QED is a simualar product. I`m very interested how The Fifth Element does on coatings. They are secret of what the fifth element is. But think it can be something ceramic since it`s made to be applyied on coatings. You can take a look on Forensic Detailing Chanel and the Angelwax brand review he has done. He also has Enigma Wax as one of his favorite waxes. So not an easy choice to be doing between them LOL.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the nature of coatings, I`m not sure a lot of toppers are gonna stick well and I suspect some will wash right off. I think it`s best to stay within one product line for best results.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Thread Information