Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    These will eat thru paint in 2-3 days. They`re terrible. Season is only 5-7 days
    Wow...i think I`d be staying home for 5-7 days. What an incredible inconvenience.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
    I haven`t found anything, yet, that lasts as long as DG105 which is essentially ZAIO.

For ease of use and durability it`s pretty damn easy and durable. It protects just as well as any other wax or sealant I`ve used.

For water etching and bird bomb etching I don`t think any wax or sealant will significantly perform differently if it`s freshly applied. That goes back to that Mike Phillips quote, "Find what you like and use it often." (Or something like that.

Those saying Zaino doesn`t protect.. I would definitely disagree. You could have one bird bomb etch and another not etch depending on what the damn thing ate. So to say, "I had Zaino on my car and it got etched by a bird bomb (water spot) etc." isn`t particularly useful... unless of course you had the same bird, on the same day with a different sealant take a crap on your car and THAT part didn`t etch.

Same can be said about water spots. Some rain is more acidic than others. Some sprinklers have harder water than others etc.

There are some good videos on youtube that actually SHOW the differences between longevity of product, and IMHO this is really the only true measure of protection.

If product is there... you`re probably protected unless you leave the damn bird bomb on your car for hours in the sun. If it`s not then yeah you`re not protected.

I`d like to see more reviews along the lines of this:

This to me is a good review of various products.
    I think the problem might be the amount of protection, and not the length of protection. Sure I see water beading off the Zaino car, but WHY is the clearcoat picking up contamination, and etching from water spots and other dirt?????? I have also had REALLY bad water spots to the point of needing paint correction. Where`s the paint protection SAL?????? I`m really just quite fed up with Zaino at this point.

As for the shine.... EH........

The Z2 creates a mirror shine, while the Z5 gives dark colors more depth. But many other products are pretty darn good as well. I remember the Mothers Carnauba Wax from the late 90`s that produced a similar look, with MUCH BETTER protection as well.

For those that are using better products, please share the products and process you`re using now.

THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killerzee View Post
    ..or those that are using better products, please share the products and process you`re using now.
    Aw gee, the regulars here will see this coming a mile away-

FK1000P reapplied when something I value (often the shape of the beads) changes. Which is maybe an annual occurrence at the absolute most.

I don`t clean off bugs/bird-bombs between regular washes, which are sometimes quite far between. While YMMV will always apply, and most people will probably need to apply more often than I do, using that stuff has simply eliminated a whole lot of my need to detail.

Heh heh, NO, I do not "use it often". No need to.
    Thanks killerzee thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If you want Z, save a few $$$ and get duragloss here.
    What is Duragloss’s equivalent to Zaino AIO? DG 105?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What is Duragloss’s equivalent to Zaino AIO? DG 105?
    In my estimation 501.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    In my estimation 501.

Dave
    The Marine Polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes 501 is the marine category product a good one. Also 101 is similar but there is no exact product of Zaino AIO

They are their own formulations even if they come down that assembly line in NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Yes 501 is the marine category product a good one. Also 101 is similar but there is no exact product of Zaino AIO

They are their own formulations even if they come down that assembly line in NC

Interesting. Which would you say is closest to Zaino AIO? 501 or 101?

Post Thanks / Like

Imo they are both so similar. The more widely used one is 501 but I assure you 101 is no slouch either just not as much press about it. All this stuff just starts to get subjective and opinionated at some point

Heck they could be the same thing in different bottles

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee`s 37 Products look great, and they seem to have a good lineup. I`m thinking of switching to their stuff. Their products seem very easy to use, provide good protection, shine, and longevity. Their prices also seem somewhat reasonable. $500 for a wax is a joke. Actually any product that costs more than $50 is questionable........ One word...... MARKETING & PRICING....

Post Thanks / Like

my 2 cents.
    I`ve used Zaino for years and loved it. Its deep gloss is really hard to beat, and it lasts. I feel it is started to become out dated. There are products that outlast zaino and I`ve switched over to gtechniq products. the CSL,Evo combo is really hard to beat in terms of protection and longevity.

I will say though, ZAIO is a bad ass all in one cleaner. If you want a solid one step polish, go with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    my 2 cents.
    I`ve used Zaino for years and loved it. Its deep gloss is really hard to beat, and it lasts. I feel it is started to become out dated. There are products that outlast zaino and I`ve switched over to gtechniq products. the CSL,Evo combo is really hard to beat in terms of protection and longevity.

I will say though, ZAIO is a bad ass all in one cleaner. If you want a solid one step polish, go with that.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, ZAINO is WAAAAY TOO OUTDATED. And I`m sure there are many other better companies and products out there. I used ZAIO this past weekend prior to creating this post. It DID NOTHING! I used it with an Green Pad on my 7424XP with ZFX additive as well. I took the XP to 5 and 6 on some correction areas as well. It wouldn`t even remove some minor paint contamination that my black Corvette had. Such a huge disappointment. AIO Might be good for some daily drivers in Florida, but NOT NY. We have REAL DEAL, TRUMP type pollutants. (NO OFFENSE)

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, just because Zaino is outdated doesn`t mean it stopped working all together. Killerzee, sounds like you`re using the wrong product. ZAIO is a cleaner and polish, not a paint decontaminate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killerzee View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, ZAINO is WAAAAY TOO OUTDATED. And I`m sure there are many other better companies and products out there. I used ZAIO this past weekend prior to creating this post. It DID NOTHING! I used it with an Green Pad on my 7424XP with ZFX additive as well. I took the XP to 5 and 6 on some correction areas as well. It wouldn`t even remove some minor paint contamination that my black Corvette had. Such a huge disappointment. AIO Might be good for some daily drivers in Florida, but NOT NY. We have REAL DEAL, TRUMP type pollutants. (NO OFFENSE)
    Now that is funny! Trump type pollutants! Lol for real.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I see Zaino paint protectants as outdated is if you compare them to ceramic coatings. Ease of use, beading, looks and durability are top notch still after all these years. Same goes for Z6, 8, 9, 10 & 16. Regulars in my arsenal still.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes MattPersman, WaxManRonnie, Old Pirate liked this post

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information