Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    I`ve been an on/off again user of Zaino for nearly 20 years. There`s many things I like about it and there`s a couple things that I dislike about it.
    The time that it takes me to properly apply it is one of them. The other thing is the shine after it`s applied. What I mean by that is that hard candy shell type of look. It doesn`t have that deep glossy look that you want to put your hand through. I`m not sure how else to describe it. But those of you that are avid Zaino users, know what I`m talking about.

    Some of you complain about durability, longevity, rain etching. I haven`t encountered any of those things. Matter of fact, I`m going on record as saying that Zaino for the most part, has outlasted any ceramic coating that I have ever applied on a car. CarPro, R1, and McKee`s come to mind as my only 3 ceramic coatings that I`ve used. Neither one of them has outlasted Zaino. I know that I don`t have to worry about any excessive wipe marks or streaks with Zaino. Now I know some of you are going to laugh about that. And I wanted to believe so bad that they would outlast my multiple coats of Zaino. But the fact is they haven`t. I`ve applied both products on multiple cars in the last several years. And the feedback is the same.
    When I`ve had Zaino on my vehicles, I`ve never gotten more compliments from any other product that I`ve used.
    I know there`s probably a product out there that`s better, to answer your question. But, I haven`t found it yet.
    Thanks killerzee thanked for this post

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    This. For the first 12 years of its life our black Corvette was ensconced in at least 3 or 4 layers of of Z2 and Z5 with ZFX, topped with Z6, Z8 or Clear Seal.

    A summer only, mostly fair weather driver, it would occasionally get caught in rain and left to dry in sun. Eventually, the water spots at some point etched the clear coat. Permanently.

    Additionally, a bird bomb would need to be removed in a very timely manner or they would leave a mark.

    While i did like the shine and gloss, was nice and got many compliments, IMO opinion Zaino offers little (if any) protection.

    Only nice thing about Zaino was that every Spring, I`d buy the showcar kit for $130 or so and that was the total car care expenditure for the season. I miss that part of the z stuff but that`s about it.

    Also, self cleaning characteristics were next to non-existent.

    Life is much better now, maintenance wise, just a wee bit more costly.
    This was the truth I was looking for on here..... Zaino offers very little protection, if any. I have also seen this on my other cars as well. My wife`s Audi also had some contamination on the hood and trunk during the summer, and side doors during the winter from the road salt. Zaino shines, but just doesn`t protect.

    What are your recommendations instead of Zaino? How is Duragloss? I use all their products except the paint sealants and polishes. All are great, and I swear by Aquawax and their Leather conditioner.

    I live in both New York and Florida..... I`m jealous of you guys in Florida. You guys can go a month without a car wash, and your cars are pretty clean. ONE day of driving in NY, and the car would be ABSOLUTELY FILTHY! My car`s are usually driven in NYC, and the suburbs of NY. NYC has much more dirt and pollution than the outer areas.

    I also want to add that ALL my cars are BLACK. So I have found that the dirt will melt on the car with sun exposure. I have seen lots of contamination just from the sun, and or heat (hood). Lighter color cars will be MUCH easier to maintain.

  3. #18
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by killerzee View Post
    This was the truth I was looking for on here..... Zaino offers very little protection, if any. I have also seen this on my other cars as well. My wife`s Audi also had some contamination on the hood and trunk during the summer, and side doors during the winter from the road salt. Zaino shines, but just doesn`t protect.

    What are your recommendations instead of Zaino? How is Duragloss? I use all their products except the paint sealants and polishes. All are great, and I swear by Aquawax and their Leather conditioner.
    For something quick and easy: https://youtu.be/yKCC76DIKhE

    Avaliable at Autogeek/Autopia as well. Autopia user got a year out of it using only Gyeon Bath+ as shampoo during each wash. It`s neat, easy stuff to use.

    If you wanna go full on coating, well, that`s a whole nuther ball o wax.
    Likes Ronkh, KBsToy liked this post
    Thanks killerzee thanked for this post

  4. #19
    Tc99m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Gyeon is good line to look at. I Love CanCoat! It lasted a long time and super easy to apply. On my daily driver, I got over 12months of horizontal panels. The lower vertical panels failed around 10Months. Much better than the claimed 6months durability. Gloss was nice lasting the whole year. On the Garage Queen, I have switched to Polish Angel.
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks killerzee thanked for this post

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    St. Louis Metro Area (Illinois)
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Gyeon is good line to look at. I Love CanCoat! It lasted a long time and super easy to apply. On my daily driver, I got over 12months of horizontal panels. The lower vertical panels failed around 10Months. Much better than the claimed 6months durability. Gloss was nice lasting the whole year. On the Garage Queen, I have switched to Polish Angel.
    I`ve got CanCoat sitting on the shelf ready for application this Spring on several cars. Did you do anything special to get those results? Were there applications of Cure along the way as a booster?

  6. #21
    Tc99m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I`ve got CanCoat sitting on the shelf ready for application this Spring on several cars. Did you do anything special to get those results? Were there applications of Cure along the way as a booster?
    The only thing I did special was prep the paint with a polish and did a final wipe down. Other than that I just followed the manufacturers directions. I did apply two coats. With an additional coat on the front of the car plus side mirrors.

    I believe the longevity came from the prep plus regular wash cycles. I did not use Cure at all.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    I haven`t found anything, yet, that lasts as long as DG105 which is essentially ZAIO.

    For ease of use and durability it`s pretty damn easy and durable. It protects just as well as any other wax or sealant I`ve used.

    For water etching and bird bomb etching I don`t think any wax or sealant will significantly perform differently if it`s freshly applied. That goes back to that Mike Phillips quote, "Find what you like and use it often." (Or something like that.

    Those saying Zaino doesn`t protect.. I would definitely disagree. You could have one bird bomb etch and another not etch depending on what the damn thing ate. So to say, "I had Zaino on my car and it got etched by a bird bomb (water spot) etc." isn`t particularly useful... unless of course you had the same bird, on the same day with a different sealant take a crap on your car and THAT part didn`t etch.

    Same can be said about water spots. Some rain is more acidic than others. Some sprinklers have harder water than others etc.

    There are some good videos on youtube that actually SHOW the differences between longevity of product, and IMHO this is really the only true measure of protection.

    If product is there... you`re probably protected unless you leave the damn bird bomb on your car for hours in the sun. If it`s not then yeah you`re not protected.

    I`d like to see more reviews along the lines of this:



    This to me is a good review of various products.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, John U liked this post

  8. #23
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
    Those saying Zaino doesn`t protect.. I would definitely disagree. You could have one bird bomb etch and another not etch depending on what the damn thing ate. So to say, "I had Zaino on my car and it got etched by a bird bomb (water spot) etc." isn`t particularly useful... unless of course you had the same bird, on the same day with a different sealant take a crap on your car and THAT part didn`t etch.

    Same can be said about water spots. Some rain is more acidic than others. Some sprinklers have harder water than others etc.
    Well, since birds rarely leave a dietary description memo along with their gifts and rain usually comes down so quickly as to make testing it`s chemical makeup impractical, I had to cast a wide net and assume every one of those environmental conditions had the potential to do so...and act accordingly. Additionally, Zaino car gets rained on, gotta wash it otherwise it looks like a car that, well, just got rained on. Current LSP`s eliminate the urgency of all of those situations.

    Not to say I didn`t like Zaino, thought it was the greatest stuff in the world while I used it, and it was great stuff for its time, many compliments...but then I found something better FOR ME that eliminated the above concerns.

    I`m not raggin` on Zaino so much as pointing out how, again...FOR ME, I have found a better solution that meets my requirements more suitably.
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh, Oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    81,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Not having to do immediate clean-offs to prevent etching from contamination like bugs/birds is awfully nice. And the "self-cleaning in rain" thing is pretty swell too.

    BUT...IME Zaino has a, uhm... Signature Look, and if somebody wants *that* then I can understand why they`d stick with the stuff. It`s one of the few LSPs I can usually ID on something IRL- "hey, nice car, is that Zaino? Yeah, thought so..."

  10. #25
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not having to do immediate clean-offs to prevent etching from contamination like bugs/birds is awfully nice. And the "self-cleaning in rain" thing is pretty swell too.

    BUT...IME Zaino has a, uhm... Signature Look, and if somebody wants *that* then I can understand why they`d stick with the stuff. It`s one of the few LSPs I can usually ID on something IRL- "hey, nice car, is that Zaino? Yeah, thought so..."
    Feynlab Ceramic + Topcoat pretty well mimicks that Zaino look. It`s gloss can best be defined as `brilliant`.

    Only have about 4500 miles on the truck I used it on and it`s doing very well. Could easily pick it out due to its look when parked next to vehicles with other coatings.

    When I get some time, wanna find a white or silver car and give it a go. I think it will compliment those colors very well.

  11. #26
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    26,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Try love bugs, birds can`t touch these.......

    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  12. #27
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Try love bugs, birds can`t touch these.......
    That`s crazy. How long is the `season`?

    Do they stain/markup paint?

  13. #28
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    26,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    That`s crazy. How long is the `season`?

    Do they stain/markup paint?
    These will eat thru paint in 2-3 days. They`re terrible. Season is only 5-7 days
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  14. #29
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    That’s a mild case of the Love Bugs. Usually the bumper is totally black.

  15. #30
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    26,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What`s BETTER than Zaino?

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That’s a mild case of the Love Bugs. Usually the bumper is totally black.
    That was an 8 min ride on hwy at 230pm

    they sounded like hail on window.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 10:25 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 10:37 AM
  3. My NXT Review (vs Zaino and Zaino+S100)
    By imported_10degreesbtdc in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 08:30 AM
  4. I think my Zaino is broken! some wierd Zaino problems
    By faceplate in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 09:12 PM
  5. zaino on wheels works great! zaino one week report....
    By 31st330i in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2002, 10:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •