Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel High Gloss and CQuartzUK

So I got a bottle of the PA High Gloss after reading a lot of reviews on here.

I wasn`t really blown away, but my expectations may have been too high.

I didn`t find it to make the paint look terribly different from say FK425 or DG Aquawax. Actually I think FK425 looks better.

Unfortunately didn`t use gloves on my first application and my fingers were purple for about a day.

I`m hoping it offers some protection that`s on a higher level than say an Aquawax.

I DID like it better than Reload, but I wasn`t impressed with Reload at all... it`s a pretty streaky mess actually.

For my second go round of CQuartzUK I did half of my hood and did the other half with DG105.

The interesting thing is... the DG105 isn`t lasting as long as the CquartzUK BUT the CQuartzUK isn`t beading water.

I can tell the coating is still present just by the line on the hood but no beading. Very strange.

I contacted CarPro a couple weeks ago but they never got back to me which is disappointing.

The sides of the car that are coated bead like crazy.

Anyway that`s my quicky review of the PA High Gloss with the CQuartz.

I`m thinking of coating my GT500 and seeing how that looks. I think red paint is the most unforgiving that I`ve ever encountered... even moreso than black.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel High Gloss and CQuartzUK

Wash it properly
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the high gloss myself,sorry to hear it didn`t work out for you
    My wifes mustang would come home after 1 day at work and be pretty dusty
    Now it takes her about three weeks to retain the same amount of dust & all I do is PW it and 99.999% comes right off, still haven`t found anything yet as hydrophobic

Also- I know lots of folks don`t like the reload- It did fine for me

I must be lucky on these two

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of prep did you do before applying cquk? And the first week after applyied did you wash it or did anything else?

What products do you use to wash the car with?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m bettin it`s dirty. It may look clean, but if not freshly washed, dirt and pollen etc will impeded beading.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an entire thread about this here

CQuartzUK Gone After ONE Rain?

Doesn`t have anything to do with "washing it properly" but thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m bettin it`s dirty. It may look clean, but if not freshly washed, dirt and pollen etc will impeded beading.
    BTW I`ve been doing this for quite a while. And I can pretty much tell if a product is doing what is advertised.

If you`re implying that a ceramic coating doesn`t have the same beading properties as say a carnuba wax or sealant then I would say ceramic coatings are pretty terrible.

My car can be pretty damn dirty when it has been sealed and it will still bead.

I`ve seen a lot of my share of threads that I like to refer to as "The Emporer`s New Clothes."

I`m hoping that ceramic coatings live up to their hype. But for the one coating I`ve tried I`m not impressed.

Does that mean they all suck? No not necessarily, but I`m not one to just blindly follow someone else`s suggestions and pretend that the product works to justify my purchase.

A lot of that goes on in detailing product discussions, and I don`t think it serves us as a community. We need to be honest about these products and if they don`t work we need to relate our findings.

The fact that people were touting PA High Gloss as this amazing crazy glossy product is another one of the aforementioned "Emporer`s New Clothes" threads.

For over 60 bucks for a fairly small amount of product it sure as hell better outperform a detailer that I can get in a gallon for half the price.

But in the "looks" department it`s not anymore impressive than said QD.

As I wrote, I`m hoping it offers some good longevity, but it`s only been a week so we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I really like the high gloss myself,sorry to hear it didn`t work out for you
    My wifes mustang would come home after 1 day at work and be pretty dusty
    Now it takes her about three weeks to retain the same amount of dust & all I do is PW it and 99.999% comes right off, still haven`t found anything yet as hydrophobic

Also- I know lots of folks don`t like the reload- It did fine for me

I must be lucky on these two
    I don`t know that it hasn`t worked out. I DO think it looks very nice, and I`m hoping that it has some good protection but I`ve only had it one a week so that`s yet to be seen.

It`s just expensive so, as far as looks I can get the same or actually (imho) better with something like Duragloss Aquawax.

What color is your Mustang?

I have a gray and white Mustang and now a red Volkswagen. And products that I had read that were "streaky" never seemed to be that way on my cars UNTIL I got the red car.

I`ve never experienced a color more prone to streaking and discoloration than red. Even on a black car it`s very difficult to see the streaking you can experience with a red car.

Reload was a hot mess for me... PA High Gloss is worlds better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
    I have an entire thread about this here

CQuartzUK Gone After ONE Rain?

Doesn`t have anything to do with "washing it properly" but thanks for the tip.
    Sorry my memory is not the greatest lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity did you use the new CQUK3.0 version of the coating? I used the original CQUK version on a few cars previously and found that because of the temperature I was working in (if it was too high or too humid) it could be a bit finicky with the flash times and wipe off and you really had to go slowly coating small areas and ensuring good wipe off. I see the new version they have now works better with warmer climates as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Out of curiosity did you use the new CQUK3.0 version of the coating? I used the original CQUK version on a few cars previously and found that because of the temperature I was working in (if it was too high or too humid) it could be a bit finicky with the flash times and wipe off and you really had to go slowly coating small areas and ensuring good wipe off. I see the new version they have now works better with warmer climates as well.
    No I just missed the boat on the 3.0 version :/

On my initial application I believe it didn`t cure and I wiped it off too soon. (the one in the other thread)

On my second application I did half of the hood with the CQuartz and the other half with DG105 just to see if I could test longevity vs the 105.

We haven`t had a rain since, but we`re supposed to have rain all day tomorrow so it will be interesting.

I applied both two weeks ago BUT since then I`ve used the PA High Gloss which will have contaminated my test... (I forgot I was testing :/)

In any case, on the second application I waited much longer for it to cure and my application was very different. I liken it to almost trying to "paint" the coating on. That`s kind of the closest analogy I could think of. Because you`re really trying to get a very uniform look and level, otherwise it streaks and looks terrible.

I think on practically any other color I wouldn`t be experiencing this but alas... red.

I plan to post up pictures of my findings. But I can say that I can tell without question that the CQUK is present on the hood. There is a definitive line.

We`ll just have to see if it beads and holds up.

Thread Information