Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber question in regards to Norwex.

My wife got an neigbourhood cleaning invitation. This is the note she received: "Norwex offers you the highest quality Microfiber cloths, embedded with silver, a natural antibacterial agent. These envir. cloths are amazing on stainless steel appliances! Just clean and shine! NO MORE spray chemicals to make your appliances shine. They are also excellent for cleaning windows, mirrors, car windshields, and faucets with NO streaking. These are just a few of the great Norwex Products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber question in regards to Norwex.

Their microfiber products and household chemicals are very expensive.
    I would not use a silver-infused microfiber on a vehicle paint surface.

Yes, my wife bought the glass-cleaning towel pair and the dishwash soap used to clean them at one of these in-home parties. They are a good glass-cleaning pair, but I do think you could find a more reasonably-priced glass cleaning microfiber from a reputable detailing supply company. And yes, since I have the Norwex microfiber, I do use them for cleaning glass. Might as well put them to use for their intended cleaning duties .I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner and not just water on the first glass-cleaning microfiber as Norwex suggests and then wipe with their second suede-like microfiber of the tandem to remove the streaks.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

My wife also has the Norwex glass microfiber towels. You can buy comparable towels from online detailing retailers. The Rag Company has some premium, no lint, Korean made, no nap, glass specific towels that feel and perform very similar to Norwex’s.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s really funny to see this post - My wife just recently went to a Norwex party. She told me she was going to a coworkers house for a "green cleaning" thing.

The day of the party during my lunch break, I went on their website and saw they had a lot of very familiar looking microfibers (style wise), but they also had different green cleaning chemicals. I texted her before she went over there, and told her not to buy any towels since there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there (let alone what`s already in my collection).

Felt like a total kill-joy: When I talked to her that night, all they pitched at the meeting was the towels! She picked up some makeup removal towels (which sure look like the suede coating applicator towels, but I haven`t had the heart to put them next to each other) at least so I didn`t totally ruin it.

Their automotive section on their website is terrifying - They have what look like your average chenille wash mits with ad copy basically stating you can wash a car with just a small bucket of water! **Shudder**

Post Thanks / Like

I think the wife said the towels are around $45 each. I told her the good quality towels are much less expensive, and why not just use my towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of the "MF Hair Towel" Accumulatorette bought...eh, just a mediocre thing that I wouldn`t pay $ for. Sometime I might lend her one of my retired WWMFs, bet she`d like that even better.

While we`re piling on...I dunno about that "embedded silver" business; the same thing`s touted as preventing bodyodor in synthetic garments, but uhm...no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Reminds me of the "MF Hair Towel" Accumulatorette bought...eh, just a mediocre thing that I wouldn`t pay $ for. Sometime I might lend her one of my retired WWMFs, bet she`d like that even better.

While we`re piling on...I dunno about that "embedded silver" business; the same thing`s touted as preventing bodyodor in synthetic garments, but uhm...no.

Every time I see that ploy, I think to my self: are their intended consumers taking shower`s, using deodorant, and washing their clothes in a reasonable amount of time after being worn? I`ve had the same two white pair of UnderArmor compression shorts for the past three years and they still look white.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro makes a fantastic glass cleaning towel called Fast Glass, and Microfiber Madness makes The Cloudbuster glass-cleaning towel that`s beyond excellent.

McKee`s 37 has a new glass-cleaning towel I`d like to try. It`s an innovative design.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife went to one of those parties. The silver infused ones are good for kitchen cleaning, like the fridge and cabinets. I also like the dusting mitt. However, i agree with everyone else that thet are really over priced.

Post Thanks / Like

The silver will keep the towels from smelling musky, but it won`t last forever. For the silver to keep working, the towel would have to be "recharged" once in a while, somehow. It`s a tiny bit of inexpensive science on a $4 towel that might "wow" you for a few months. My 2c.

Post Thanks / Like

Ad copy from their car wash mitt-

“Problem:

Using chemicals to get your car clean isn’t good for you or the environment. In addition, you (or a car wash facility) could risk scratching your car if the wrong tools are used. Regular cotton cloths and towels aren’t a good option because they can’t pick up as much dirt, which means you may have to use several of them— and lots of water—to do the job well.
    Solution:

The Car Wash Mitt gets your car clean and streak-free without scratching, using just one bucket of water. The thick chenille microfiber gently lifts dirt and grime up high and away from your car’s surface. And no harmful chemicals are washed into storm drains, which means a healthier environment for us all.”

Or, the Auto towel-

“In conjunction with our Car Wash Mitt, our Car Cloth gets your car sparkling clean with only water. The Car Cloth’s extremely fine fibers are tightly woven, which helps prevent the cloth from holding dirt that may scratch your vehicle, so it quickly dries and polishes your entire car, including windows, mirrors, glass, chrome and other smooth or shiny surfaces.”

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- Heh heh, "everything old is new again"!" as the saying goes...back in the day everyone from Malm`s Wax Co. to Jaguar said I should wash the XJS with plain water (but I`m no dummy).

WaxAddict- You ever try the GG PFM for Glass? I reluctantly tried `em...and promptly bought a bunch more. Absolutely perfect for me, only MF Glass Towel I`ve ever felt that way about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Every time I see that ploy, I think to my self: are their intended consumers taking shower`s, using deodorant, and washing their clothes in a reasonable amount of time after being worn?
    Though I`m doing all that stuff and IMO some synthetic garments still get stinky and stay that way. They look nice and clean, but don`t smell that way once heated up, so I toss `em, "silver infused" stuff included. I`ve come to think of some hot-weather gear as "disposable clothing" for that exact reason, though it`s never an issue with cotton garments *sewn with cotton thread*.

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- You ever try the GG PFM for Glass? I reluctantly tried `em...and promptly bought a bunch more. Absolutely perfect for me, only MF Glass Towel I`ve ever felt that way about.
    No I am one of the few that hasn`t tried a PFM towel. On glass, I`m content with a plain waffle weave. The trick (for me) is to never use said waffle weave on anything but glass. I`m sure the PFM`s are outstanding, but in general, Dry Me A River and especially Gyeon Silk Drier are my two mainstays for liquid use.

I`ve come to think of some hot-weather gear as "disposable clothing" ...
    No such thing! Fender well rags, wheel barrel rags, undercarriage spray application rags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    .. Dry Me A River and especially Gyeon Silk Drier are my two mainstays for liquid use.
    Yeah, I use the DMaR for the initial post-wash drying of the glass.

No such thing..[as disposable cloths]! Fender well rags, wheel barrel rags, undercarriage spray application rags.
    Eh, I have lifetime supplies and then some, of nice textiles, you simply can`t imagine (really...dozens and dozens of good cotton towels, old MFs, you name it, even after donating Tahoe-loads to local charities). And the synthetic-fabric clothes I consider disposable aren`t made of anything I`d want to use anyhow... I only use MFs or all-cotton, even for wells/undercarriage use.

Thread Information