Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC FROTHe

I enjoy watching the Ammo videos. He makes a lot of good points. All that said, I have zero interest in Frothe. Like many have said in this thread, big chunks of stuff (grass, salt, whatever) need to be off the paint before any wiping happens. Don`t care if the wash solution/lubricant is foam, water, whatever. If the foam sprayer can create enough pressure that the force of the foam being applied can dislodge some chunks, it is a heck of sprayer.

The best method I have found for waterless/rinseless is use chemical of choice (I happen to like Garry Dean Forever Rinseless) and apply with a pneumatic siphon fed paint gun. I set the compressor to output 150 PSI (highest mine will do) and between the available air blasts and pressurized liquid, the big chunks of dirt come off and I can safely wipe the surface with towels saturated in the rinseless solution. Added bonus is most of the rinseless washes on the market leave behind some protection.

Maybe

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Likes Stokdgs, upon3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

jatleson- Heh heh, I`d sure like to know what you`d think of the (siphon feed) Lonn Cleaning Gun I got for Christmas (but still haven`t tried ). I keep thinking I`d like that better than the paintgun since it`s made for such stuff.

That`s a nice compressor setup you have, able to maintain 150psi, it`d really work great with the Lonn.

Post Thanks / Like

I set it at 150 - probably outputs 100. Nothing fancy, just a 20 gallon from Home Depot. That Lonn stuff looks nice. Paintgun is nice, because it is all contained. Pour the mix in the gun and go. Depending how big and dirty the car is, usually takes 1 to 1.5 canisters of solution.

Post Thanks / Like

jatleson- Ah, OK..thanks for explaining..I was thinking how the Lonn is rated to 175 and oh man would it do something at that psi.

I can see somebody preferring the canister of the paintgun (preferences and all), for my setup it`s easy to dunk a siphon tube into a bucket of [whatever I want to spray].

Gee, that`s not too much solution you`re using!

I gotta quit doing everything with my little one and get that Lonn into rotation instead of just recommending it untested

Post Thanks / Like

Larry has recently uploaded a new FROTHe video on YouTube, good resource.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the whole Frothe kit this morning. Will report when I get a chance to use it.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes WaxAddict, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My AMMO order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and my GG foamer is scheduled for delivery on the 12th. Should have comparo done this weekend sometime.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Larry just uploaded a new video, FROTHe Q&A, a great presentation with questions answered
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived a few minutes ago. Yes it is made in Italy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes nickclark08, RMD, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mine will be here Friday.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sal Zaino is a mad scientist inventing sealants in his NJ lab...the address of which turned out to be the UPS Store.
    Did that actually get confirmed at some point? Always remember the Urban Legends with Zaino but never really found out how it all shook out.

Sure did have his devotees...including yours truly. Back when I thought $129 each Spring for the seasons kit was just absurd to pay for care care stuff.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Did that actually get confirmed at some point?
    Yes, it absolutely did, the address that was on the Zaino website at the time (2005-ish) was a UPS Store (formerly Mailboxes, Etc.). I believe the address on the site now comes back to an automotive performance/aftermarket manufacturer; I guess the owner is a friend of Sal`s and lets him use it as a mailing address. At the time I was looking that up I was also able to find Sal`s home address, but I don`t think he`s manufacturing anything at his house in the suburbs. And before you guys start PM`ing me about the address, you can forget it, you can find it the same way I did.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For everyone`s information:

The Ammo sprayer is an Epoca Archetype model 7852.
    The spray head on Griot`s is an Epoca as well, but based on what they say you shouldn`t put in it, it`s the EPDM-sealed model (model 7851), not the Viton-sealed model. For waterless wash, EPDM is plenty fine. You only need Viton if you plan on spraying something hardcore like wheel cleaner.

There`s a lot to love about Larry, but I`m not fond of his prices, and I especially don`t like that he resells/rebrands products to sell as his own with large mark-ups. I`ve seen him talk at length about his brushes and how great they are. They are bridled glue brushes from Solo. They cost a fraction of what he charges for them. They are great brushes, and I used them myself; I buy them from Solo.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, slippy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The GG foamer came in today and the heads are the same. Took apart nozzle end on GG and the O-ring is black instead of green like AMMO unit. I assume it’s just spec’d differently.
    This weekend I will mix up a batch of Frothe, N914, GG rinseless wash/wax (purple stuff) and maybe a couple others and run them through both these units alongside the Kwazar foamer. Will have a lot more pics and observations this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000, JustJesus, upon3 liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    The GG foamer came in today and the heads are the same. Took apart nozzle end on GG and the O-ring is black instead of green like AMMO unit. I assume it’s just spec’d differently.
    As I said, the Ammo unit is the one with the Viton seals. GG uses the model that only has regular EPDM rubber seals. There are certain chemicals you can`t use with EPDM seals that you can with Viton. For waterless washes, EPDM is fine and Viton isn`t necessary; therefore, for foaming a waterless wash, the Ammo and GG offerings should be identical in performance.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information