Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JustJesus- Thanks for the summary, hope somebody finds his approach useful.
    You bet.

Surprisingly, Larry did use it on panels that were way dirty for me to try waterless or rinseless. And I believe he`s out in New York, with snow around the cars.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    You bet.

Surprisingly, Larry did use it on panels that were way dirty for me to try waterless or rinseless. And I believe he`s out in New York, with snow around the cars.

I was thinking that it would work quite well with bird poo.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been a good read. I’m a fan of Larry but I’m skeptical of a foaming WW or RW. The advantage of foam is dispersal of product, and retention (slower runoff). That all seems good for WW. What bothers me is that foam is more air than product. Although foamy pre-rinses with foam guns/cannons make for sexy video and compelling how-to YouTube fodder, I’ve never been sold. I’d MUCH prefer a pre-rinse with plain old sprayed-on ONR, UWW+, Uber, or ECH20 than any amount of foam. My bias of pre-rinsing carries over to WW. Combine my bias with the fact that foam will prevent me from seeing the product working UNTIL wiping..... eeek! Not for me, especially at the price.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same question, how does Larry`s foaming sprayer compare to the IK foaming sprayer? Larry`s is almost twice the price, is it twice as good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I was thinking that it would work quite well with bird poo.
    Maybe. But I`ll just stick to Poorboy`s Bird S#!T Remover for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride92 View Post
    I have the same question, how does Larry`s foaming sprayer compare to the IK foaming sprayer? Larry`s is almost twice the price, is it twice as good?
    I found the manufacturer of Larry’s spayer and it can’t be bought like most other sprayers. I also purchased the GG pump foamer as well because the actual head looks very similar to the AMMO unit. When I have both in my possession I will take detailed pics of both to see how similar they are and do side by side foam comparisons with a few products that most of us have.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not to (help) take this off-topic, but what`s the big deal with bird-bombs? Use the right LSP and they come right off with no issues at all, even after sitting in the hot sun for ages (think Long Term Parking).

Eh, hold on...OK...yeah, one of those Seagull Victims or somesuch where the vehicle is virtually coated with guano..might be good for that, especially when water usage is an issue.

But IMO when it`s just a panel or two that`s been bombed, that simply shouldn`t be an issue these days, though avoiding marring on softer paint *will* take a bit of time/effort and I know many people don`t want to spend more than a few minutes on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I found the manufacturer of Larry’s spayer and it can’t be bought like most other sprayers. I also purchased the GG pump foamer as well because the actual head looks very similar to the AMMO unit. When I have both in my possession I will take detailed pics of both to see how similar they are and do side by side foam comparisons with a few products that most of us have.
    Heh heh, you guys` discussion even has *me* intrigued...I`ll be looking forward to how the comparison turns out. My only experience with "foaming sprayers" was with the trigger-spray ones from GG, and that was a Total Fail (though I might try it again with 3D 50:1 Glass Cleaner some time).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Maybe. But I`ll just stick to Poorboy`s Bird S#!T Remover for that.
    There’s a car that sits in my drive that gets pooped on daily, when it is parked at work and I can`t do anything about it besides convince its drive to park much farther away from work, or me get a permit and build some type of shelter, which I am not doing because the location is not my property. When the car gets home, bringing out the whole bucket and water or even a rinsless set up is deemed as a waste of time that I don’t always have. Most of the time I find myself wanting to clean the bird dirt off gently without having to clean an entire panel because the poops are on at least three panels, I’d like to see how FROTHe works for spots.

Accumulator- LSP on the regularly pooped on vehicle is FK1000P, and the car will sometimes go three weeks without a complete wash. Chasing bird dirt on a dirty surface is something that can be a bit tough for Bird Sh!t Remover and the dedicated rinseless towels. FROTHe looks like a viable solution that I have just pulled the trigger on, as well as the foaming sprayer.

FROTHe and Foaming sprayer purchased, currently have the Kwazar 2L as my mobile. I will set up a comparison after the AMMO products arrive and more importantly when I have the time.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot’s is an Italian made spray head, is that where Larry’s is made?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The Griot’s is an Italian made spray head, is that where Larry’s is made?
    Not sure where it’s made. Only know that it’s made by FOAM-iT. I haven’t seen anywhere that says the Griots unit is Italian made. Where did you see this?

Post Thanks / Like

Griot’s catalogue

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator- LSP on the regularly pooped on vehicle is FK1000P, and the car will sometimes go three weeks without a complete wash. Chasing bird dirt on a dirty surface is something that can be a bit tough for Bird Sh!t Remover and the dedicated rinseless towels..
    OK, you know how your experiences go better than I do and maybe the FROTHe is just the ticket.

I will point out that I hardy *ever* wash a FK1000P`ed vehicle after just three weeks not matter what, and I clean really *really* nasty stuff like bird-bombs/bugs off with IUDJ after they`ve baked in the sun for at least that long. Eh, sorry... not arguing, just sayin` that IME it`s never been a thing...but that`s just how it`s gone for ME so I`ll count my lucky stars and shut up now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    OK, you know how your experiences go better than I do and maybe the FROTHe is just the ticket.

I will point out that I hardy *ever* wash a FK1000P`ed vehicle after just three weeks not matter what, and I clean really *really* nasty stuff like bird-bombs/bugs off with IUDJ after they`ve baked in the sun for at least that long. Eh, sorry... not arguing, just sayin` that IME it`s never been a thing...but that`s just how it`s gone for ME so I`ll count my lucky stars and shut up now

Yep, as you always say, *YMMV*.

Remind me your experiences with FK1000P, have they involved softer clear coats?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, as you always say, *YMMV*.
    Oh man, ain`t *THAT* the truth?!?

Remind me your experiences with FK1000P, have they involved softer clear coats?
    Not in the usual sense, softest as-manufactured paint I have is the regular Ford stuff on the Crown Vic.

BUT...the over-corrected clear on the `93 Audi (INSERT usual rant about the [individual] who "detailed" it for the original owner) is pretty soft in its thinnest places, and the areas where there`s no more clear (sigh...) are pretty soft indeed. No problems, though I sure do take a whole lotta care if I have to spot-clean that car..probably spend as long as many spend on a whole wash!

Eh..IMO- "if in doubt, just don`t do stuff that might mar the paint" no matter what somebody like me gets away with.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information