Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Another problem with some of his products. Like Skin, it just isn`t that great. Not bad, but for the price? I`ve seen heads up on YT with it and sealants that are like a 1/4th the price, and they work better and last longer. FROTHe seems like a really good product, maybe the best for WW. And it`s not crazy crazy expensive. When I`m working again I`m sure even though I complain about his prices, I`ll order the FROTHe kit with the sprayer and towels. lol Oddly enough his towels are $15 for 6.That`s a really good deal, especially considering his interior brushes are like $60 bucks lol. A shame he`ll never release his stuff in gallons jugs, I`d probably buy a gallon of FROTHe. I`ve seen nothing but stellar feedback on it
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought the frothe I emailed him (quick to answer) and he said frothe would only last a year but that was the safe answer. He’s a stand up dude and has good products (I like hydrate) it’s wierd I just don’t like paying for shipping. If frothe was $45 with free shipping I’d buy AMMO NYC FROTHe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Another problem with some of his products. Like Skin, it just isn`t that great. Not bad, but for the price? I`ve seen heads up on YT with it and sealants that are like a 1/4th the price, and they work better and last longer. FROTHe seems like a really good product, maybe the best for WW. And it`s not crazy crazy expensive. When I`m working again I`m sure even though I complain about his prices, I`ll order the FROTHe kit with the sprayer and towels. lol Oddly enough his towels are $15 for 6.That`s a really good deal, especially considering his interior brushes are like $60 bucks lol. A shame he`ll never release his stuff in gallons jugs, I`d probably buy a gallon of FROTHe. I`ve seen nothing but stellar feedback on it
    If you have an interest in the brushes he uses, they`re just bridled glue brushes from Solo (https://www.solobrushes.com/products...lue-brush-429/)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    When I bought the frothe I emailed him (quick to answer) and he said frothe would only last a year but that was the safe answer. He’s a stand up dude and has good products (I like hydrate) it’s wierd I just don’t like paying for shipping. If frothe was $45 with free shipping I’d buy AMMO NYC FROTHe

I wholeheartedly agree with you, he is incredibly nice and very responsive to e-mails. I think he`s a stand-up guy and that`s the reason I`d like to purchase more of his products, to support him and the content he creates. Just hard to justify the shipping when its 1/3 the cost of the product. Maybe someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, he is incredibly nice and very responsive to e-mails. I think he`s a stand-up guy and that`s the reason I`d like to purchase more of his products, to support him and the content he creates. Just hard to justify the shipping when its 1/3 the cost of the product. Maybe someday.

Larry plus a lot of the other detailing companies imho should sell on Amazon. I get boutique stuff at B&M stores being exclusive. But if I could go on Amazon and get same day shipping on Ammo NYC I`d buy some. $10 shipping PLUS I might have to wait 4-5 days for it to come from NY? no thanks. I was thrilled when I was able to get some Gyeon stuff on Amazon with same day shipping. And since I did it to make money, sometimes same day wasn`t just me being impatient. But necessary for me to make $$$. When I can get a comparable product shipped same day, for maybe less than 3+ day shipping from across the country? Yeah, I`m not going with the 3+ day one. If AGO merged with Amazon and I could get anything same day though, I`d be broke lol.

Post Thanks / Like

AMMO NYC FROTHe

So got some more frothe, the areator, and some hydrate for Ammo’s black friday sale (free delivery, hey its something i guess).

For me best way to wash your car without a bucket hands down no debate for me. I do pre spray with n914 tho. Can never have enough lubricity.

Comparing the sprayer to IK.... its better. More consistent spray and better texture? Not as wet as medium tip and not as dry as dry tip. Bottle holds more pressure although that may be solved with the new pro models. I do believe the sprayer is the same old one. The IK did work well and if mine hadn’t of broke and the COMPANY i ordered it from hadnt basically told me to pound sand i probably woulda ordered new IK foamer but glad i didn’t.

I do like the handle vetter on the IK. Feels more solid to me.

Result: the Ammo foamer is better but not by a large margin. If you dont mind paying double for say 10-15% better performance then Ammo if not IK fine.

The frothe just has a better feel wiping off than any rinseless or waterless. Its like wiping shaving cream of your face. It feels safer by far.

Once technique down its easy and fast.

Wipe straight lines rolling MF i get 3 4ft passes per side then flip. Doing 2 panels then drying. I use 5-7 towels. Remember my car is a full size coupe convertible so a regular size car (think accord) probably 10.

For drying ive found merlins mix to work best with frothe...... till i bought Hydrate this year. Blows everything ive used before as a drying aid out the water. Its thick like lotion. 1-2 sprays per panel all you need. It makes the towel glide and feels likexthe water is melting into the towel. I have not experienced anything like it. If your taking care of your own car and love it like family try it out. You will ABSOLUTELY NOT be disappointed.

I didn’t take picks but will add some tomorrow. I dont know if all his stuff is worth it but judging by this system im gonna guess a resounding yes.

Frothe and Hydrate are two products that absolutely perform like nothing else out their......PERIOD!

Likes quebert, acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So you use a drying aid with waterless? I`ve never thought to try that. So you spray FROTHe, then wipe and before a 2nd wipe you spray some Hydrate? I HATE no gallon sizes, but 1-2 sprays per panel sounds like even that tiny bottle will go a pretty long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah im thinking a bottle will last close to a year. Yup the process you mentioned is spot on. It was reformulated to work with frothe as a dry (dryer?) application.

Just got a bottle of CG After Wash to see if similar as its cheaper and comes in gallons. CG says it can be used as detail spray also so thinking it will work after frothe. Looks a-lot morr watery so doubt it will be comparable but only other drying aid i could find.

Post Thanks / Like

What is merlins mix?

Post Thanks / Like

So got some more frothe, the areator, and some hydrate for Ammo’s black friday sale (free delivery, hey its something i guess).

For me best way to wash your car without a bucket hands down no debate for me. I do pre spray with n914 tho. Can never have enough lubricity.

Comparing the sprayer to IK.... its better. More consistent spray and better texture? Not as wet as medium tip and not as dry as dry tip. Bottle holds more pressure although that may be solved with the new pro models. I do believe the sprayer is the same old one. The IK did work well and if mine hadn’t of broke and the COMPANY i ordered it from hadnt basically told me to pound sand i probably woulda ordered new IK foamer but glad i didn’t.

I do like the handle vetter on the IK. Feels more solid to me.

Result: the Ammo foamer is better but not by a large margin. If you dont mind paying double for say 10-15% better performance then Ammo if not IK fine.

The frothe just has a better feel wiping off than any rinseless or waterless. Its like wiping shaving cream of your face. It feels safer by far.

Once technique down its easy and fast.

Wipe straight lines rolling MF i get 3 4ft passes per side then flip. Doing 2 panels then drying. I use 5-7 towels. Remember my car is a full size coupe convertible so a regular size car (think accord) probably 10.

For drying ive found merlins mix to work best with frothe...... till i by Hydrate this year. Blows everything ive used before as a drying aid out the water. Its thick like lotion. 1-2 sprays per panel all you need. It makes the towel glide and feels likexthe water is melting into the towel. I have not experienced anything like it. If your taking care of your own car and love it like family try it out. You will ABSOLUTELY NOT be disappointed.

I didn’t take picks but will add some tomorrow. I dont know if all his stuff is worth it but judging by this system im gonna guess a resounding yes.

Frothe and Hydrate are two products that absolutely perform like nothing else out their......PERIOD!

The AMMO Foamer is it a 1L bottle on it? But this is not the modell that`s battery driven pump up?
    I have the original Foamer of this which is the Epoca Tec-One 1000 Foamer PP FPM. I have a feeling that the AMMO Foamer is priced pretty high and how much is it. The retail price of the Epoca Tec-One Foamer is just over $30 vat and taxes included. I got it on a 35% sale little over a year ago. When used it the first time I filled it up to the max recommended level. Man did I need to pump that foamer LOL. Pured out to half of the recommended level and it got just bareable to use. Otherwise the foam from it worksgreat. Even the Surfex HD in 1:20-1:30 worked awesome and way better than in the foamcannon with the same dilution LOL. Thought to have for the tires and the bugs if they don`t come off after the prewash step. But did I need it no the BH Auto-Foam does so great on both parts even when it`s weaker dilution than the 4%. Sometimes when it`s warm outside I need to be clean rinsing it off sooner and some bugs can be left then without dwelling enough. I have another Epoca Pump Sprayer Bottle which is 2L instead and have been thinking on trying it on the foamer instead. So it can hold more solution but also so the pressure keeping up better when you have gotten it up at last LOL. Just needs to be cleaning out the tar remover in the Epoca 2L.

I believe you with your experience with Frothe and Hydrate. But it`s a strange way to foam on something that you are going to be wipe off LOL. Is the Frothe going on in a less way so you don`t have so much of foam to wipe off? Would be very interesting to see how it looks on the paint when you have foamed a part of it. Though AMMO is not offered in Sweden but know some here have orded it from him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    What is merlins mix?

Theres a guy on forums named merlin who use (may still use) who would mix CarPros Ech20 and Reload to make some sort of super detailer. Its great stuff and so popular that Car Pros makes their own version. It nay be better but making your own is much more economical and still amazing stuff.

I use it a weekly wipe down product if cars not too dirty (think dusty or pollen in spring/summer) or as a drying aid after bycket/rinseless wash. I may still use as drying aid after bucket wash but Hydrate for everything else. Leaves a little protection and amazing shine.

I think his ratios were 3oz Reload/3oz Ech20 in 32oz bottle i liked it so much bought a gallon of Ech20 and a gallon of Shine Supply Clutch (Sio2 sealant i prefer over Reload).

I mix 3oz Ech20/1.5oz Clutch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    The AMMO Foamer is it a 1L bottle on it? But this is not the modell that`s battery driven pump up?
    I have the original Foamer of this which is the Epoca Tec-One 1000 Foamer PP FPM. I have a feeling that the AMMO Foamer is priced pretty high and how much is it. The retail price of the Epoca Tec-One Foamer is just over $30 vat and taxes included. I got it on a 35% sale little over a year ago. When used it the first time I filled it up to the max recommended level. Man did I need to pump that foamer LOL. Pured out to half of the recommended level and it got just bareable to use. Otherwise the foam from it worksgreat. Even the Surfex HD in 1:20-1:30 worked awesome and way better than in the foamcannon with the same dilution LOL. Thought to have for the tires and the bugs if they don`t come off after the prewash step. But did I need it no the BH Auto-Foam does so great on both parts even when it`s weaker dilution than the 4%. Sometimes when it`s warm outside I need to be clean rinsing it off sooner and some bugs can be left then without dwelling enough. I have another Epoca Pump Sprayer Bottle which is 2L instead and have been thinking on trying it on the foamer instead. So it can hold more solution but also so the pressure keeping up better when you have gotten it up at last LOL. Just needs to be cleaning out the tar remover in the Epoca 2L.

I believe you with your experience with Frothe and Hydrate. But it`s a strange way to foam on something that you are going to be wipe off LOL. Is the Frothe going on in a less way so you don`t have so much of foam to wipe off? Would be very interesting to see how it looks on the paint when you have foamed a part of it. Though AMMO is not offered in Sweden but know some here have orded it from him.
    The foam is no less thick but when you wipe and roll towel it easy to shake off so you are actually removing contamination from towel. Yes his foamer is over priced. You can get an Epoca foamer off Ebay for about $34 dollars at some online auction houses.

I bought his because i was ordering the other products and i dont know even if they look same the may perform difference.

Lastly was support everyone wants to find cheapest for their money and i get that. I do most of the time too. But Ammo is a small/ growing business. Larry seems to be an Amazing person and owner giving consumers so much with his videos and i believe he actually did research to find the best products and not most profitable. I support those who support me.

Same reason if I’m at Griots ill buy what i need. I can wait to get on AutoGeek for 25% off but want to support them as they’ve been a great help. I buy a out half my supplies their because the support me. Most people do whats best for them. I try to do whats best for everyone.

I love Autogeek/Autopia for their support and customer service and providing these great forums is why i support them. I work in retail and try to provide that level of service in my job.

Lastly Ammo and griots formulate their own products ground up. I believe Griots even makes their own not sure of Ammo.

Likes SWETM, RMD, Chas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evan631 View Post
    When you say you pre spray with n914...what sprayer are you using? Also curious as to what dilution? This will be a first for me on waterless washing.... I never used sprayers and want to get the right one. Do you leave the pre spray on and the apply Frothe? Or do you remove the pre spray. I want as much lubricity as i can get.

I live in an apartment, in NY...so this seems like a great option for me as long as the car is not heavily covered in salt.

I think i will pull the trigger on the Ammo $150 kit. I need the Frothe, hydrate, sprayer. Towels seem like a decent deal...i assume they are of good quality. Unless you can recommend better towels.

Thanks for the info!

-Evan
    For towels i use The Rag Company’s Eagle Edgeless 500’s the are great for waterless and rinseless. Usually 5 for about $20 with sales so the ones from Ammo are cheaper but only 325 gsm. If larry uses them with kit they should be good. If 10-20$ more not important go with the Eagles.

I pretreat with the N914 at rinseless dilution. 1/128

A use a 32oz kwazar tigger sprayer with more than 1/4oz but less than half.I feel it atomizes (mists) the product well. A pump sprayer does ok but i don’t want Alot of product on. I let dwell for a few mins and then the Frothe on top. To much McKee’s makes it runny.

Also if you can id recommend 2 bottles of hydrate as you WILL love it and wont wanna pay $10 shippimg for another bottle alone.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The foam is no less thick but when you wipe and roll towel it easy to shake off so you are actually removing contamination from towel. Yes his foamer is over priced. You can get an Epoca foamer off Ebay for about $34 dollars at some online auction houses.

I bought his because i was ordering the other products and i dont know even if they look same the may perform difference.

Lastly was support everyone wants to find cheapest for their money and i get that. I do most of the time too. But Ammo is a small/ growing business. Larry seems to be an Amazing person and owner giving consumers so much with his videos and i believe he actually did research to find the best products and not most profitable. I support those who support me.

Same reason if I’m at Griots ill buy what i need. I can wait to get on AutoGeek for 25% off but want to support them as they’ve been a great help. I buy a out half my supplies their because the support me. Most people do whats best for them. I try to do whats best for everyone.

I love Autogeek/Autopia for their support and customer service and providing these great forums is why i support them. I work in retail and try to provide that level of service in my job.

Lastly Ammo and griots formulate their own products ground up. I believe Griots even makes their own not sure of Ammo.

It`s definitely an interesting product Frothe. And that the foam can be shaked off after the wipe and you get a lot of dirt off that way. My post may have sounded like negative but that`s not what I was meaning at all. It`s the usual with the import costs that drives up the prices of such of a product like these. Think that`s the same with DPC and the Marolex sprayer or the Kwazar for Autopia and Autogeek. And yeah he has some great videos AMMO. He has been doing his research well as he`s that kind of a guy I think. And he has also found a way to make videos without just advertising his products alone. But more on the methods and such and that you can if you want to use his products. I respect him a lot from how handle that with haveing his own products. He`s not says or says without saying it (don`t remember the english word for the saying LOL) that his products is the best and the rest is crap. There is much of that going on with YT channels that has started to sell their own line of products. It`s a thin line to walk on when doing that and keep a good reputation when going with selling their own brand. And he`s been first with many things like this around the YT channels. Don`t know if it where Larry or Garry Dean that where first with starting their own line of products or someone else maybe too. But Larry have gived so much for the detailing community with his videos. And keeping his humble approach in his videos. I like that with him. When he restored one of his Porsches where he got it down to bare metall and showed what the bodyshop and he was doing. Where an amazing series of videos.

Yeah I try to do the same support with the domestic companies here in Sweden too. So totaly understand how you see things.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a guy on forums named merlin who use (may still use) who would mix CarPros Ech20 and Reload to make some sort of super detailer. Its great stuff and so popular that Car Pros makes their own version. It nay be better but making your own is much more economical and still amazing stuff.

I use it a weekly wipe down product if cars not too dirty (think dusty or pollen in spring/summer) or as a drying aid after bycket/rinseless wash. I may still use as drying aid after bucket wash but Hydrate for everything else. Leaves a little protection and amazing shine.

I think his ratios were 3oz Reload/3oz Ech20 in 32oz bottle i liked it so much bought a gallon of Ech20 and a gallon of Shine Supply Clutch (Sio2 sealant i prefer over Reload).

I mix 3oz Ech20/1.5oz Clutch.

What about the Hydro that I heard is in the Elxir?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information