Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC FROTHe

I caved and bought the Frothe and the Foamer to try. I have the IK foamers and the Kwazar foamer so it will be interesting to see how they all compare. I really like the IK foamers because you can change the heads/ internals for different foaming types - wet, medium, and dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I caved and bought the Frothe and the Foamer to try. I have the IK foamers and the Kwazar foamer so it will be interesting to see how they all compare. I really like the IK foamers because you can change the heads/ internals for different foaming types - wet, medium, and dry.
    When you get the AMMO foamer, post a comparison of that one against the Ik foamer. I just bought an IK foamer and like it quite a bit. The ammo one is 2x the price, I wonder if it really is that much better.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride92 View Post
    When you get the AMMO foamer, post a comparison of that one against the Ik foamer. I just bought an IK foamer and like it quite a bit. The ammo one is 2x the price, I wonder if it really is that much better.
    Definitely. That is the plan.

Post Thanks / Like

BUMP!

RaydiantDetail, any thoughts on the AMMO sprayer vs iK. I want to get Frothe but I`m not sure about the sprayer. I already have an iK Foamer, but if the AMMO one`s better. Well, you can never have too many sprayers right? lol. iK just released a new 2.0 model to make my decision here even tougher.

Post Thanks / Like

Sub’d.

Post Thanks / Like

Frothe is the BEST waterless out their. People say it’s pricy but at a $1 to $2 dollars wash it’s well worth it. I use with the IK foamer and doubt the ammo one could be better. It was using a lot of product with the medium tip but when I switch to the dry tip it was perfect. Get 2+ washes out of every once.

Note: car is small (mustang) and convertible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Frothe is the BEST waterless out their. People say it’s pricy but at a $1 to $2 dollars wash it’s well worth it. I use with the IK foamer and doubt the ammo one could be better. It was using a lot of product with the medium tip but when I switch to the dry tip it was perfect. Get 2+ washes out of every once.

Yeah, I gotta try this Frothe stuff but was waiting to hear whether the Ammo sprayer was really a must have.

Thanks for sharing tour your experience with the IK dry tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

I have a small convertible so this sounds perfect, if for nothing else but my daily driver. 2+ washes out of an ounce is pretty good, seems like Larry was on point with his 25-30 wash claim for 1 bottle. Do you find yourself using a ton of towels? I see YT videos where people are saying they use like twice as a regular waterless. I don`t know if it`s just bad technique and overuse of product, but the videos it does seem like the foam`s harder to get off than a regular spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I have a small convertible so this sounds perfect, if for nothing else but my daily driver. 2+ washes out of an ounce is pretty good, seems like Larry was on point with his 25-30 wash claim for 1 bottle. Do you find yourself using a ton of towels? I see YT videos where people are saying they use like twice as a regular waterless. I don`t know if it`s just bad technique and overuse of product, but the videos it does seem like the foam`s harder to get off than a regular spray.
    I use about 10-12 towels. After initials wipe Larry recommends to use hydrate for final wipe. I use my Merlin’s mix. So wipe off. Spray Merlin’s and final buff.

Post Thanks / Like

10-12 for a small convertible? Jeez lol. I was pondering replacing the WW I use for clients cars. That would mean like 20-25 on a Camry and uhhh 50 on a Yukon Denali. Hummmm, that would give me a valid reason to finally buy a bulk box of Eagle Edgeless from TRC though. Now I need to calculate how many towels I can fit in 1 load in my washer. Oh, and figure out where I can store 200 towels.

This thread made me want to try a $35 product, now I`m probably going to spend like $600 lol I need to retire from detailing *again*

Serious question, has anyone here who details for a living ever outsourced their towel laundry? I know the hair salon up the street does it for all the towels they use. I should probably go ask them how much it costs and how they like it. I don`t need it now, but in the future maybe it could be a good option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    10-12 for a small convertible? Jeez lol. I was pondering replacing the WW I use for clients cars. That would mean like 20-25 on a Camry and uhhh 50 on a Yukon Denali. Hummmm, that would give me a valid reason to finally buy a bulk box of Eagle Edgeless from TRC though. Now I need to calculate how many towels I can fit in 1 load in my washer. Oh, and figure out where I can store 200 towels.

This thread made me want to try a $35 product, now I`m probably going to spend like $600 lol I need to retire from detailing *again*

Serious question, has anyone here who details for a living ever outsourced their towel laundry? I know the hair salon up the street does it for all the towels they use. I should probably go ask them how much it costs and how they like it. I don`t need it now, but in the future maybe it could be a good option.
    Yeah it’s hard to Gary dean wipe off all that foam an d towel saturated fast

Post Thanks / Like

Do you find that you let the Frothe dwell longer as it`s foamed on? Or is it like a useally WW spray on the 1 panel and wipe it off? Have you tested the common WW and let it dwell for a little time before you wipe it off?

Why I ask is cause a chemical that lets be dwelled longer is often more effective to break down the dirt. Very interesting product this Frothe.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Frothe and agree its the best rinseless I`ve tried, but it is hard to justify purchasing the product by itself with the $10 flat shipping on the AMMO site. I didn`t mind when I purchased the entire kit, but the Frothe as a standalone is hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I love Frothe and agree its the best rinseless I`ve tried, but it is hard to justify purchasing the product by itself with the $10 flat shipping on the AMMO site. I didn`t mind when I purchased the entire kit, but the Frothe as a standalone is hard.

If you poke around, there`s a coupon code for his site that gives you free shipping! Only condition`s you have to spend $150, which isn`t hard on his site. Or for a well versed "detailing enthusiast" like myself

Larry really would benefit from partnering up with one on-line place like AGO or something to sell his line. I don`t want to drop $150 on AMMO stuff to get free shipping, and I don`t want to pay $10 shipping on a $25-30 bottle. If AGO sold it, I could order FROTHe and some other stuffs I need. I know that`ll probably never happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Seems like Black Friday only time he had free shipping. My bottle should last me till November. Hopefully he’ll do it again.

You gotta remember tho. Ammo is geared towards the high end car owner. I read he was a millionaire from trading exchanges and quite for his love of high end cars and to be around them.

That being said if his products are geared towards people who higher him to detail price is not an object. Kinda like Rolex. You can get another watch to tell time the exact same..... but it ain’t a Rolex.

Agreed, I do think he should drop his free shipping limit

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information