Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AMMO NYC FROTHe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AMMO NYC FROTHe

So this morning I mixed up 40oz of distilled water with 2 oz of Frothe to clean my Tundra that hasn’t been washed in about 3 weeks. It lives outside and does not get overly pampered. The Mf’s used were Eagle Edgeless for the initial wipe followed up by an Everest 800. I didn’t have a lot of time this morning as I have a 5 year old daughter that was sleeping and a 6 week old daughter that was asleep with my wife, so I had to do what I could before one of them woke up.

Up first was the AMMO unit. IMO, this did produce the driest foam even though the head on the GG unit appeared to be the same. I may have to take it apart to see if I can find any other differences other than the seals/O-rings. I used the AMMO unit on the entire passenger side. It held its pressure very well and didn’t require constant pumping.
    Next up was the GG Foamer. I used this on the hood and driver front fender and front door. This unit felt identical in hand to the AMMO unit, but the foam wasn’t quite as dry as. Still a very good piece though. Also being that it’s $20 cheaper and you can get it on sale as I did which is great. Lastly was the Kwazar Foamer. This produced the runniest foam and needs to be pumped to kingdom come and when you start spraying, the pressure drops too fast for my liking.
    Now as far as Frothe goes, it smells very good. Very light and clean. Nothing like a CG scent or something overly pungent. It cleaned well and felt very slippery against my MF’s. I did feel the paint needed something after using Frothe, but this could just be my OCD or it could’ve been because everyone was still asleep. lol
    Overall I will need to use Frothe some more before I have a definitive opinion on it.

Before
    After
    Before
    After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08, Stokdgs, Loach, SWETM, mc2hill and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08, Stokdgs, Diner, SWETM, RMD and 1 others thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

fly07sti- Hey, that was a good comparison, thanks for doing/posting about it (especially since it sounds like you have plenty of more important things to deal with!).

Which did you *prefer*, the "really dry" foam of the AMMO sprayer or the "not quite as dry" output from the GG? I`m kinda thinking that *I* would prefer the latter (though I`d be using it with IUDJ instead, so maybe that`s too wildcard..).

Post Thanks / Like

For me I prefer the AMMO unit. But is it really “better” than the GG unit? Not at all, just my preference. I’d say the AMMO unit is marginally better than the GG Foamer, especially since you can buy the GG whenever Autopia or AG is running a sale and essentially get the GG for half the price or get 2 for the price of the AMMO unit. It’s totally up to you.
    We have a little storm coming in tonight that is supposed to last a couple of days. When it passes I plan on trying a few other WW’s in these foamers and will post my findings in a new thread.
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

fly07sti- Yeah, Personal Preference again Sounds like all the bases are covered though, and I do find it interesting that seemingly identical units perform differently. I`ll be watching for your next round of evals...oh man, I just know I`ll have to have one of these things some day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Up first was the AMMO unit. IMO, this did produce the driest foam even though the head on the GG unit appeared to be the same. I may have to take it apart to see if I can find any other differences other than the seals/O-rings.
    At about 13 minutes into Larry`s first video, he talks about the number of "pucks" in the nozzle...I believe that will be the difference you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    At about 13 minutes into Larry`s first video, he talks about the number of "pucks" in the nozzle...I believe that will be the difference you are looking for.
    Ya I saw that when I first watched his video. I assume that’s what it might be, but until I take it apart it’s just my assumption.

Post Thanks / Like

Upon my inspection of the pucks in the Kwazar Foamer and the AMMO Unit (EPOCA), the felt like material in the Kwazar seems to be less dense and circularly rolled with the flow of the fluid running parallel to the flow of the filter, whereas the felt like pucks in the EPOCA are set perpendicular to flow and are of different density than the Kwazar. Now, what are the differences in the two different felt materials? Well, I haven’t been able find that answer thus far, I was trying to search if types of felts have specific colors relating to their material characteristics, but haven’t come up with any results. I did try cutting up pieces of gentler Scotch Brite pads and placing into the Kwazar unit. The addition of material helped the foaming characteristics greatly (dryer foam), but was still unable to replicate the foaming of the EPOCA unit, with the FROTHe solution being constant in both tests (transfer of product from one bottle to the other).

As far as o-rings go, the EPOCA unit uses all Viton O-rings, while I am not sure if the Kwazar unit does. The Kwazar unit does have a couple of green Viton o-rings, but I think there are one or two o-rings that I am unsure of as they are black. Physically they do not look like Viton solely based on observable color, however black Viton o-rings do exist. I am still unable to find complete product information on the Kwazar unit, where as complete product info for the EPOCA unit does exist. Back to the color of the o-rings, there is no set guideline for color coding o-rings and the colors representation of the materials characteristic, in my experience Viton o-rings have come in either green or brown, and that`s just my experience. Looking at o-rings across the entire board, their color designation is completely subjective to the manufacturers and their clients.

Pumping action, without the spots on the pumps, the Kwazar unit flows more fluid compared to the EPOCA unit. Additionally, a greater volume of fluid hits the Kwazar felt compared to the EPOCA unit, and this is simply an observation, whether the two sprayers flow different mL/sec, I am unsure. Also, the pumping action on the EPOCA *seems* more precise and *seems* like it forces more air into the container per stroke and container volume than the Kwazar pump, so it *seems* more efficient.
    Likes SWETM, rlmccarty2000, RMD, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys get different felt rings with your epoca foam sprayer? I have just got my original epoca foam sprayer a couple of days ago and have not tested it out yet. I got so I can have 3 different setups of felt rings. And the o-rings is fpm material which is for use with alkaline products. Suits me fine since I`m are going to use it on the tires. Can take some pictures of it later.

Nice write ups and reviews of the ammo and the foam sprayers. Is frothe leaving anything behind as protection or and glossenhancers?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t taken them apart yet. But I will later in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious to see how the foamer works with non-foaming solution - aka IUDJ or any other rinseless/waterless washes.

Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought “why” but then I imagine customers seeing the foamed up car vs using a regular rinseless. I’m gonna get frothe for pre foam then use ONR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ...oh man, I just know I`ll have to have one of these things some day!
    surely you don`t mean, just "one" ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    surely you don`t mean, just "one" ??
    Well, I`m still trying to think of what I`d really like one for, and I haven`t come up with anything yet. So I might not even need *one* of `em! I honestly don`t know what I`d want it for as I`d just *so* satisfied with my regular sprayers. I know the foamers are popular with others, but they just don`t resonate with me.

Post Thanks / Like

So even after watching Larry`s videos on it I`m still a bit puzzled about Hydrate, does anyone else make something similar? I want to start using FROTHe, and I`d like to follow with Hydrate, but it only comes in small bottles and that isn`t cost effective for me. Normally I use a QD as a drying agent, but Hydrate seems to be different? For anyone who`s used Hydrate. about how many cars can you do from 1 bottle?

And... how are his towels? 6 for $15`s a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, I`m still trying to think of what I`d really like one for, and I haven`t come up with anything yet. So I might not even need *one* of `em! I honestly don`t know what I`d want it for as I`d just *so* satisfied with my regular sprayers. I know the foamers are popular with others, but they just don`t resonate with me.
    Yeah sometimes you are thinking about if it`s worth changing your method that works. I got it for the maintance washes and just to foam the tires with it lol. But would want to get a little more dwell time for the tire cleaner of choice. I like Bilt Hamber Surfex HD on the tires in a stronger dilution than I foam on the car. So will see if I have the thoughts right when testing it out. I`m going to test the epoca foam sprayer when cleaning the engine too.

If you think about something that you would want more dwell time a foam sprayer would maybe get you there.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information