Post Thanks / Like

How To: Apply GYEON quartz Q2 View

Hello Autopia!

Lets start a discussion on Q2 View. I`ll post a few points about the product and a full How To. I`d love to hear your feedback and experience!

Q2 View as a 2 part coating system designed to increase visibility during poor weather driving conditions by freely evacuating rain water from the surface of the windshield (ie: bead water like crazy).

View can be applied to all of the exterior glass surfaces, but you see the most performance on the windshield as this is the section that sees the most wind velocity to move the water.

Product Notes:

1. The bottle of Cleanse included in the kit is a very important part of the equation. While you will get a minor amount of contaminant removal with Cleanse (not a full glass polish) its real purpose is to act as a bonding agent between the glass and the Fluorine based REPEL coating. Skipping the CLEANSE step will lower the durability and longevity of the coating.
    2. REPEL, the top coat is Fluorine based so it will evaporate out quickly during application. Go on moderately with this product, not so heavy as you see it leave a thick and lasting "trail" as it will be more of a pain to wipe off.

How To: GYEON quartz Q2 View

1. Clean the glass thoroughly with a high quality glass cleaner like Q2 Glass.

2. Once the glass is clean, it is time to apply CLEANSE. I like to split the windshield in 4 quadrants when applying CLEANSE and use the thick/felt application block included in the kit. Put about 3-4 drops of product on to the applicator.

3. I like to apply CLEANSE in circular motions to make sure I am working it in to the glass well. I will continue working it until it leaves a very light haze on the glass, down from a thick white layer.

4. To remove CLEANSE and prepare for REPEL, I like to use (2) BaldWipe Towels. I get one wet with warm water and then leave the other dry. Use the wet towel to remove the remnants of CLEANSE and then the second dry towel to pick up the remaining moisture.

5. Now it is time to apply REPEL. REPEL is a Fluorine based coating designed for maximum hydrophobic properties. Use the included Foam Applicator Block and the Suede Applicator as shown. Run a solid line of REPEL across the Suede Applicator and apply to a quarter of the Windshield at a time. Being Fluorine based, REPEL is not going to leave a thick layer of product for you to remove. It will evaporate out almost immediately, so do not go on heavy to try and see a trail or leave a layer. Once you have REPEL applied to the Windshield, it is best to inspect and make sure you do not have any excess coating that needs removed. A quick wipe with a quality microfiber will pick up any excess REPEL.

6. This step is very important! Make sure you apply REPEL to the Windshield Wipers as well. If you do not they will "jump" across the windshield. It`s best to let the wiper sit off of the glass for 5-10 minutes after REPEL is applied.

And that is it! You should now see a seriously water repellent windshield above 35-40 mph.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes Tc99m, jrock645, The Guz, RZJZA80 liked this post
    Thanks Tc99m, The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Apply GYEON quartz Q2 View

Cool. Was about to apply this shortly.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Cool. Was about to apply this shortly.
    Nice!! Perfect timing.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! Only issue I had was the foam pad for cleanse seemed to get mucked up a bit during use. Think I applied the cleanse a bit heavy but the windshield was a tad warm so it was drying up quickly. Wasn’t in direct sunlight but it was warm and sunny out, so the surface temp was a bit high. Coating itself was easy to apply.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up Jeff. Looks like a simple and straight forward application.

In your experience what would you say is the durability of it lets say with normal like conditions with rain here and there? Here in Southern California the rain is minimal so most glass coatings last quite a bit of time.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

View is quite nice, application is straightforward. Had on my windshield since around July 2017 in NE Ohio, about 17k all-season miles on daily driver. Very, very nasty winter in NE Ohio this year, went thru gallons of wiper fluid on 70 mile, 95% freeway daily round trip commute. View held up quite well. I love stuff with fluorine in it.

View also works well in dry weather with respect to not leaving trails from bug strikes. One glass coating i tried was absolutely crazy in the rain but in dry weather, bug and small debris strikes would leave 1" trails that became very irritating as washers/wipers would not remove the streaks...took manual labor to remove, something I`m not really a fan of (manual labor, that is)

Polished it (View) off a couple weeks ago, was still working as advertised, no wiper skipping or issues with View throughout its time on the glass. Was just curious to try something else, in this case a recently trendy brand. Shoulda stuck with View, the new glass coating doesn`t handle the smaller bits of water as well as View did.

Live and learn...find something you like and stick with it. Shoulda stuck with View.

By the way, nice sweatshirt Gyeon Jeff; does Gyeon ever sell apparel?
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Yep! Only issue I had was the foam pad for cleanse seemed to get mucked up a bit during use. Think I applied the cleanse a bit heavy but the windshield was a tad warm so it was drying up quickly. Wasn’t in direct sunlight but it was warm and sunny out, so the surface temp was a bit high. Coating itself was easy to apply.
    I agree the Felt Block does get caked up with CLEANSE. I can get through one use and then it feels pretty well spent. When this happens I use a regular Foam coating applicator block for CLEANSE for the next application.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice write up Jeff. Looks like a simple and straight forward application.

In your experience what would you say is the durability of it lets say with normal like conditions with rain here and there? Here in Southern California the rain is minimal so most glass coatings last quite a bit of time.
    We get conflicting reports in on this, and I think it is primarily because of the use, or rather not use of CLEANSE in the process. The vast majority of users globally see it last right about a year. I applied it to my personal truck 2 years ago that sees a full winter with a HORRIBLE maintenance procedure. I wash that truck every few months and hit it with WetCoat so it is hard to say when the View quit and WetCoat picked up the duty. I put it on my wife`s new car 3 months ago so I will track it intently going forward, but I expect pretty poor wash maintenance intervals with that too.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    View is quite nice, application is straightforward. Had on my windshield since around July 2017 in NE Ohio, about 17k all-season miles on daily driver. Very, very nasty winter in NE Ohio this year, went thru gallons of wiper fluid on 70 mile, 95% freeway daily round trip commute. View held up quite well. I love stuff with fluorine in it.

View also works well in dry weather with respect to not leaving trails from bug strikes. One glass coating i tried was absolutely crazy in the rain but in dry weather, bug and small debris strikes would leave 1" trails that became very irritating as washers/wipers would not remove the streaks...took manual labor to remove, something I`m not really a fan of (manual labor, that is)

Polished it (View) off a couple weeks ago, was still working as advertised, no wiper skipping or issues with View throughout its time on the glass. Was just curious to try something else, in this case a recently trendy brand. Shoulda stuck with View, the new glass coating doesn`t handle the smaller bits of water as well as View did.

Live and learn...find something you like and stick with it. Shoulda stuck with View.

By the way, nice sweatshirt Gyeon Jeff; does Gyeon ever sell apparel?
    Awesome!! Very glad it worked well for you.

We made these sweat shirts here in the US in 2015. I have heard rumblings of official GYEON quartz gear coming down but have not seen them complete yet. If we don`t get something officially from GYEON I think we will go ahead and produce something here for the USA.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes Tc99m, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for write up. I picked couple bottles up recently and will be applying in near future. This is 1st time trying View. This will help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

Is there any benefit to using a DA or Rotary polisher to apply the Cleanse?

And the same basic question goes for glass polishing pads vs a foam polishing or cutting pad.

Is there any benefit to applying a second coat of Repel?

Is there any plan to add a “View/Repel” glass cleaner with a little of the Repel built in to add protection while cleaning the glass? I have found that this is always a tough one for me. Most of the regular glass cleaners I have used always seem to leave a little bit of something behind or mutes the beading / sheeting effects over time. I have used stuff like Cure be I find that the effects are never quite the same.

I have used a number of other glass coating in the past and most either work great up front and fail as soon as you have wiper abrasion or they last a long time but have poor water shedding. Then I end up with beads of water all over the glass that I need to use wipers to remove. Maybe Q2 View can solve this.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.

Step 6 sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

What other glass coatings require you to also coat the wipers? This gives me pause since I know what that slipping is like since it happened to me when Gtechniq was at its end of life.

Glass an rubber are two different substances, and one is more porous and pliable than the other.

What`s the life expectancy of the coating on the rubber?

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Thread Information