Post Thanks / Like

Prima Epic Gone, Need an opinion on Plasma Coat

Hey Guys,
    Looks like my all time favorite sealant is gone. I contacted Prima to see if they have a lead or perhaps a stash sitting. They seem to have replaced it with hydro-seal which is more complicated to apply. I don`t understand the logic. Once the weather breaks I`m going to start my Mazda 3 make over. I`m planning on coating the rims and trim but have not decided on a coating. Right now it`s between gloss-coat and Dlux with me leaning towards gloss-coat because of the durability. I`m trying to avoid buying a two separate coatings which seems to be the only options with other brands. I want to use one coating for both. (I have a neurological disorder that will make it very difficult for me to apply a coating evenly because of severe hand tremors. Coating rims is fine because minor mistakes will not be that noticeable and doing cladding is much easier to see high spots since it darkens the trim considerably.)
    I was curious if anyone has used Beasley`s Plasma Coat. It`s right up my alley since I enjoy the therapy of detailing and waxing my cars. It`s also much easier to use then a pure coating. I contacted them about use on wheels and if it stained trim they said it works great as a wheel coating but they were not sure about trim staining. They also said the durability is about a year+. I also could not find any really good extensive reviews of Plasma Coat. It`s not insanely expensive either.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prima Epic Gone, Need an opinion on Plasma Coat

I coated my front & rear bumper covers along with one of the rear quarter panels on my winter daily driver with PlasmaCoat about 4 months ago. I had some paint work done on these areas in the fall, and after letting them cure for 30 days I needed some winter protection that was quick and easy to apply with no long cure times.

The rest of the car had been coated with Polish Angel Viking Coat. I`ve used PA Viking Spritz as a maintenance spray a couple of times on the entire car since applying the PlasmaCoat, and all is holding up very well. I`m satisfied with PlasmaCoat and would certainly use it again. Unfortunately, I did not use it on any of my plastic trim (this was already coated with Polish Angel Black Bond), so I can`t provide any feedback on your trim question (sorry).

If you are a Prima fan... check out their Hydro MAX spray sealant. This is an even easier to apply LSP than Dr. Beasley`s PlasmaCoat. It would not likely have the same durability, but it`s so easy to apply who cares? Looks great, provides solid protection, can be used on paint, glass, trim, etc. with no issues. Probably the best LSP from Prima IMHO...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

PM me your address.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Looks like my all time favorite sealant is gone. I contacted Prima to see if they have a lead or perhaps a stash sitting. They seem to have replaced it with hydro-seal which is more complicated to apply. I don`t understand the logic. Once the weather breaks I`m going to start my Mazda 3 make over. I`m planning on coating the rims and trim but have not decided on a coating. Right now it`s between gloss-coat and Dlux with me leaning towards gloss-coat because of the durability. I`m trying to avoid buying a two separate coatings which seems to be the only options with other brands. I want to use one coating for both. (I have a neurological disorder that will make it very difficult for me to apply a coating evenly because of severe hand tremors. Coating rims is fine because minor mistakes will not be that noticeable and doing cladding is much easier to see high spots since it darkens the trim considerably.)
    I was curious if anyone has used Beasley`s Plasma Coat. It`s right up my alley since I enjoy the therapy of detailing and waxing my cars. It`s also much easier to use then a pure coating. I contacted them about use on wheels and if it stained trim they said it works great as a wheel coating but they were not sure about trim staining. They also said the durability is about a year+. I also could not find any really good extensive reviews of Plasma Coat. It`s not insanely expensive either.
    Hey 0indetail0
    Sorry for the misunderstanding but Prima Epic is here to stay, at the time we were debating on keeping a limited amount or just make to order but we`ve heard the responses and it`s here to stay

Thread Information