Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody using a SPRAY as sole LSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallz View Post
    I use megs ultimate spray wax. Works very well and has good durability imo.

I’ve been detains for more years than I care to admit. I’ve got a garage full of boutique ```` that’s all a waste of money imo. People get sucked into all this crap as I did too but the quality OTC stuff has come a long way and I just stick to what’s easily accessible to me. I only detail my own cars now.

I had tons of Optium stuff and throu most of it away. Way over rated and over priced.
    Megs Ultimate Spray Wax, and it`s "professional" gallon-sized cousin D156, ARE great sprays, used as drying agents, quick touch ups, and for use on hard plastics inside and out. It looks good too. However, longevity hasn`t been it`s strong suit in my testing, lasting only about as long as better QD`s.

While I see your point about over-priced snake oil - a rabbit hole I have fallen into as well - Optimum Car Wax is far from over priced. For instance, at a famous web site, Meg`s UQW $0.86 per ounce and Optimum Car Wax is $0.97 per ounce. That`s likely to work out to like 33 cents more to "wax" your car with OCW than UQW.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want spray waxes, here are my recommendations.

Poorboys Quick Wax +

McKee`s 37 Trademark Extender Spray Wax

Polish Angel Spritz
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What sold me on OCW is the UV protection and the (proven to my satisfaction) compatibility with fresh repaints; that`s why I started using it, and when it ended up looking OK on the A8 I just kept it up.

Wonder why I seem to be the only person who doesn`t like the look of Meguiar`s UQW/D156 on my paints?!? I`m generally not all that discerning about such stuff by Autopian standards...

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using Ultima Acrylic Spray wax as a topper for FK1000 for the past year. It behaves and looks allot like 1000, the durability seems to be good, contains UV protection and is very hydrophobic. Very high gloss. Should work well as a stand alone LSP.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ulti...spray-wax.html
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

pwaug- Ah, I always appreciate hearing what is/isn`t compatible with FK1000P

That said, I`m still *SO* happy with how IUDJ is on it that I`ll probably just keep using that. But I do wonder if trying something like the Ultima would change my mind (my VISA whispers "quit trying to solve problems you don`t know you have" ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    I`ve been using Ultima Acrylic Spray wax as a topper for FK1000 for the past year. It behaves and looks allot like 1000, the durability seems to be good, contains UV protection and is very hydrophobic. Very high gloss. Should work well as a stand alone LSP.
    Honestly, that Ultima product surprised me. I liked it. As a standalone, I`m sure it would be good. Not sure how it does for etching and such, but it is hydrophobic to my liking. I`ve really, REALLY, been debating using the Ultima sealant I have, topping with Acrylic Spray wax, and using Ultima`s rinseless wash for one of my vehicles. But, I`ve already gone by way of Blackfire`s products on the wife`s Kia. My Yaris is wearing various LSPs, and my Jeep will, at least for several months, wear random LSPs as I continue trying things out.

On a side note, I haven`t done much to my Yaris (except the hood(s)) since I wrote the review for the Ultima Flawless Finish System, and sometimes i really do wonder if some of that (and Acrylic Spray) are still on there!! I`ve mostly just done quickie coin-op washes, and occasional rinseless with ONR, some waterless with Poorboy`s Spray N Wipe, and Spray N Gloss. And the sections I *did* do with those Ultima products do continue to look better, and sheet water a tad better

Of course, it could all be in my head. Maybe I`m asleep. Where`s my coffee?

edit: adding two links to Ultima reviews I`ve done
    (If you haven`t done so, do that "workaround" to be able to see the "dead" photobucket links.

REVIEW: Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax

TESTED - Ultima Flawless Finish (Beta Test Kit)
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fallz View Post
    I use megs ultimate spray wax. Works very well and has good durability imo.

I’ve been detains for more years than I care to admit. I’ve got a garage full of boutique ```` that’s all a waste of money imo. People get sucked into all this crap as I did too but the quality OTC stuff has come a long way and I just stick to what’s easily accessible to me. I only detail my own cars now.

I had tons of Optium stuff and throu most of it away. Way over rated and over priced.
    OCW may be overrated but certainly isn`t overpriced.

OCW is $50 a gallon and contains synthetic polymers as well as carnauba wax. There are also 2 patents for the UV protection OCW provides. It`s probably the thickest spray wax on the market and it requires VERY little product to wax an entire car AND it`s silicone free/fresh paint safe.

I love Meg`s X-press Wax @ $30 a gallon but it does contain silicone and is really more of an amplified QD than a substantial spray wax.

I do think ONR is overrated and I don`t think it seems as concentrated as other Rinseless washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Add the new BLACKFIRE to the list....

https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-s...y-sealant.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ulti...spray-wax.html
    Add to Cart!
    That seems very promising. I like the idea of an acrylic spray sealant. Ultima products fly under the radar to me for some reason, which doesn’t make sense because UWW+ is a mainstay in my garage. That, and the Polycharger technology, is good stuff, based on my experience with Sonus products that I like.

Rambling a bit now, but did you know that Ultima, Sonus, and Four Star are all interrelated? One clue is the Polycgarger technology that all 3 boast. I think Four Star came first.

I think I will get some OCW and some Ultima Acrylic spray wax and use them this summer. Do a test. All that nerdy stuff.
    Likes SWETM, trashmanssd, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Add to Cart!
    That seems very promising. I like the idea of an acrylic spray sealant. Ultima products fly under the radar to me for some reason, which doesn’t make sense because UWW+ is a mainstay in my garage. That, and the Polycharger technology, is good stuff, based on my experience with Sonus products that I like.

Rambling a bit now, but did you know that Ultima, Sonus, and Four Star are all interrelated? One clue is the Polycgarger technology that all 3 boast. I think Four Star came first.

I think I will get some OCW and some Ultima Acrylic spray wax and use them this summer. Do a test. All that nerdy stuff.
    After using ONR for years I gave UWW+ a try and have never gone back--the UWW+ leaves a much slicker surface than ONR and it`s fantastic as a clay lube. And loved the Acrylic as I mentioned above and you can use it on paint, chrome trim, black trim and glass. So this spring I`m going to give Ultima Paint Guard Plus as my LSP. While I really like the durability and protection of FK1000, it`s allot of work. The UPGP is WOWA and can also be used on the black plastic trim so it should be allot less work. I`ll give it a try and see how it protects and lasts.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Dubert chemical makes a spray sealant that will last up too 4 months. It is called Aqua Glow. It is in there Technitions Choice line. It is used by a lot of dealers. We use it on most of our new and used cars. Some new cars get a special finish treatment , but the Aqua glow cars usually look better.

Post Thanks / Like

Igl premier is a super impressive spray sealant. It has great hydrophobic properties adds nice gloss lasts for a long time for a spray product

Post Thanks / Like

Got me thinkin` I need to try a new spray LSP
    Likes WaxAddict, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Dubert chemical makes a spray sealant that will last up too 4 months. It is called Aqua Glow. It is in there Technitions Choice line. It is used by a lot of dealers. We use it on most of our new and used cars. Some new cars get a special finish treatment , but the Aqua glow cars usually look better.
    I found an Aqua Glow by Cougar Chemical. They (Cougar) are a cleaning supply business that at some point started offering car detailing stuff. If I had a nickel for every "brand" of yellow liquid wax, I`d have like $23.45. Just WHO is actually making all these Cherry and Butter waxes?

---------------

Mary, I have their QD. It`s very good, but tricky if you use too much.
    Likes Ronkh, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used that aqua glow that is mentioned above the technicians choice. I don’t see anyone getting 4 months out of it. But many of these products have longer claims than anyone typically sees

It’s just a production spray wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information