Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody using a SPRAY as sole LSP?

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is surprisingly good. It`s like a Polymer Net Shield QD. So easy to use too.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using OCW on my wife`s A8 for a few years now. No, it`s no FK1000P, but it`s basically effortless since I`d be using some kind of Drying Aid anyhow. For a vehicle that gets washed all the time it seems fine, but eventually I do plan to FK it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have Gyeon Wet Coat on my car this winter. Tested to wash with Angelwax Enigma ceramic infused car soap once. After the last wash I tested a German brand Herrenfarth and their special limited Scandinavia gloss spray that is released in a small batch of 75 bottles. The reseller of Polish Angel and Scholl and tac system in Sweden has been doing some testing and devolopment with Herrenfarth. As they do with PA also Viking Coat and Viking Shield came out of it. So the gloss spray was really nice and a breese to wipe of. It`s delivered in those fine mist spray bottles and a little went a long way. The Wet Coat gets a crisp looks on my silver metallic car and the gloss spray darkening a little to my likeing. With a silica content of 20% I think it`s rather durable too. The durability and self cleaning ability from Wet Coat has been great this winter. It`s just the looks on my silver metallic car that I`m not so satisfied with.
    Likes nickclark08, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used Gyeon WetCoat on one side of my old [white] Jeep. I forgot when I put it on, but I`d say it`s been about 2 months, and still beads pretty nice. Didn`t do much for the look of the weathered paint (dull and oxidized). What I *don`t* like is that water tends to hang on it longer. On vertical surfaces! After I coin-op wash it, I take it for a short drive to air dry it, and when I park, there are some beads on the side with WetCoat, but the un-protected side is dry!

Also used it on a Cayenne [white] but don`t know how long it`s lasted as I haven`t seen it since. It did help to make the drying faster, though. Can`t recall looks, but the Porsche did look sweet after I was done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wax works great.
    Rupes P808 have it but did not tried it yet.
    Also use sometimes Chemical Guys V7 that gives great Gloss

Post Thanks / Like

It`s nice to see so many Likes for OCW, and you can`t really go wrong at the price. Also nice to see recommendations for Griots Best in Show QD, because I really like it, but was unaware it added protection (?).

Then there`s the McKees stuff. Choices choices. And Sonax BSD is loved here and on the UK forums. Geez, I already have so many QDs. I might limit my search to bottles that say "wax" or "sealant" etc on them just to narrow it down.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 favorites at the moment for my GQ are
    Pinnacle spray wax, after a wash (just got a gal.)
    PA Rapidwaxx, every 2 weeks (more dif. to apply)

My daily gets
    Trifecta after a wash, in a wax dilution ratio (pain to apply, but lasts at least 3 weeks)

Post Thanks / Like

I used OCW pretty much exclusively on our leased Acura for 3 years. Car was parked outdoors 24x7 and I was getting at least two months out of it, any more than that and it was starting to fade on the hood and roof. Paint looked better than the day we picked the car up. No hard water etching, no acid rain spotting, no bird bomb etchings and most stuff came off very easily. You can feel confident in using it as a stand alone LSP.
    Likes WaxAddict, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- I gotta say that IME the OCW doesn`t protect against etching as well as FK1000P, but then I`m spoiled, used to leaving bugs/bird-bombs on the paint for extended periods. That and OCW`s less impressive dirt-shedding (no, it`s not *bad* or anything..) are the only reasons I`ll probably FK it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Dan- I gotta say that IME the OCW doesn`t protect against etching as well as FK1000P, but then I`m spoiled, used to leaving bugs/bird-bombs on the paint for extended periods. That and OCW`s less impressive dirt-shedding (no, it`s not *bad* or anything..) are the only reasons I`ll probably FK it.
    You know, its hard to compare etching resistance, unless you can get the bird to deliver on both cars with the same payload BUT I have no expectations that a spray would outperform the great FK1000P. However I`ve had products on cars that just about any bird bomb would etch in minutes, and OCW isn`t anywhere near that bad, in fact it seems far better than is to be expected from a product you can use as a drying aid. 100% agree on not being a great dirt shedder either. Seems similar to 845 in that regard, at least for me.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    ... agree on not being a great dirt shedder either...
    What makes a wax or sealant a good dirt shedder, I wonder, insofar as chemically or mechanically?

Post Thanks / Like

My car was coated 2 1\2 years ago, and since then I`ve just used Megs synthetic xpress while drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    What makes a wax or sealant a good dirt shedder, I wonder, insofar as chemically or mechanically?
    One factor I`ve found is how oily/silicone loaded it is. The really "dry" sealants and especially coatings are superior in that respect.
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You know, its hard to compare etching resistance, unless you can get the bird to deliver on both cars with the same payload BUT I have no expectations that a spray would outperform the great FK1000P. However I`ve had products on cars that just about any bird bomb would etch in minutes, and OCW isn`t anywhere near that bad, in fact it seems far better than is to be expected from a product you can use as a drying aid...
    Yeah, the OCW`s etching resistance *is* superior to many LSPs, vastly better than some sealants like UPP. But it does get etched now and then whereas the FK just *never* seems to no matter what.

100% agree on not being a great dirt shedder either. Seems similar to 845 in that regard, at least for me.
    IME the 845 sheds dirt really well *for a while* whereas the OCW just doesn`t. When the A8`s OCW gets dirty it stays dirty until I wash it. Works out OK since I do it so often and it`s not like I`m getting more wash-induced marring so I guess it sheds it well enough. But I just went *years* between clayings on the Tahoe with no problem and I sure can`t do that with OCW.

Post Thanks / Like

I use megs ultimate spray wax. Works very well and has good durability imo.

I’ve been detains for more years than I care to admit. I’ve got a garage full of boutique ```` that’s all a waste of money imo. People get sucked into all this crap as I did too but the quality OTC stuff has come a long way and I just stick to what’s easily accessible to me. I only detail my own cars now.

I had tons of Optium stuff and throu most of it away. Way over rated and over priced.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information