Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody using a SPRAY as sole LSP?

I`m getting to the point where I don`t even want to use a spray of any kind anymore. Unless of course it`s a quick detailer. Every time I use the spray, whether it`s a spray sealant, coating, or wax, I end up with wipe marks that I still have to go back. I always used to microfiber rags when I do it. For some reason I always end up going back to find wipe marks that I should`ve picked up before. McKee`s Paint Coating was my last I used. Looks great. But you have to take your sweet time with it.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WaxManRonnie- Huh, that`s funny...wonder why you get that? Ever try fogging the surface with your breath while you do the buffing? I basically do that with everything I use (other than coatings)? Maybe it`s from your choice of MFs..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    WaxManRonnie- Huh, that`s funny...wonder why you get that? Ever try fogging the surface with your breath while you do the buffing? I basically do that with everything I use (other than coatings)? Maybe it`s from your choice of MFs..
    No I don`t. No it isn`t. I have certain microfiber for each task. I think maybe it`s just because I use a little too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie View Post
    I think maybe it`s just because I use a little too much.
    Ah, OK...yeah, IMO if that even occurs to you as a possibility then it`s probably the answer.

Though I really do find the fogging thing to be of great benefit...don`t know how I got by without doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using Wolfgang Spritz Sealant and am very happy with it.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting to the point where I don`t even want to use a spray of any kind anymore. Unless of course it`s a quick detailer. Every time I use the spray, whether it`s a spray sealant, coating, or wax, I end up with wipe marks that I still have to go back. I always used to microfiber rags when I do it. For some reason I always end up going back to find wipe marks that I should`ve picked up before. McKee`s Paint Coating was my last I used. Looks great. But you have to take your sweet time with it.
    From a WaxAddict to a Waxman, yeah, I have this issue too. I *WANT* so badly for sprays to WORK, that I may use too much, but if I use too little, then I fear dry contact, argh! This is why my favorite QD`s are the ones that flash quickly, like Adams and the relatively new Griots Best Of Show.

I guess like anything, it takes practice. My saying to myself is "if they are having success with it, I should as well", and droves of people are having luck with spray wax, spray sealants, and coatings, thus, so should I.

And although my motto is "coatings are for quitters", I`m gonna try one this afternoon!
    Likes WaxManRonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t stress too much over Dry Contact as long as the MF in question is soft enough that it won`t cause marring.

Gee, wonder why I find the Spray LSPs so Accumulator-proof?!? Guess I`ll just be glad it works that way...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I use reload as a LSP. Apply with a microfiber brick, follow a few min later with a super plush MF. No streaking.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax
    Likes WaxAddict, WaxManRonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Optimum Spray Wax after Zaino Z2
    Likes WaxAddict, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I use reload as a LSP. Apply with a microfiber brick, follow a few min later with a super plush MF. No streaking.
    I am intrigued with Reload, or Cure, as a spray LSP, without a true coating underneath. Seems like it would "work", if the application wasn`t a pain. ECH20 could be used as a QD for synergy with these SI20 products.

Seems HydrO2 has lost some of it`s luster on the forums. It was all the rage there a few years back. I`ve used it, but my brain would not allow me to think that I have sprayed something on, hosed it off, and I`ve "protected" my car. Although it beaded, that`s basically all it did. I can`t say that it had a "look" or even added gloss or slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

It occurred to me that one reason I find Spray Waxes Accumulator-proof is that I always use two MFs to buff off- first an initial wipe and then a follow-up during which I do the "fog with breath" thing. Yeah, always, even if it "shouldn`t be necessary".

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict
    Seems HydrO2 has lost some of it`s luster on the forums...my brain would not allow me to think that ...
    I was OK with the idea that it could work OK, just not with the uncontrolled nature of the whole process. If [any product] gets on [any surface], I want it to happen because I deliberately put it on there.

Although it beaded, that`s basically all it did. I can`t say that it had a "look" or even added gloss or slickness...
    Huh, that`s interesting, never heard that before. Can`t imagine why somebody`d use something like that, but OK..whatever ya like. I want to discern some definite, obvious, benefit from anything I bother doing.

Post Thanks / Like

It occurred to me that one reason I find Spray Waxes Accumulator-proof is that I always use two MFs to buff off- first an initial wipe and then a follow-up during which I do the "fog with breath" thing. Yeah, always, even if it "shouldn`t be necessary".
    The fog breath thing is like a micro-spit-shine. I can`t imagine doing a whole car, especially with someone looking. (kidding)

Huh, that`s interesting, never heard that before. Can`t imagine why somebody`d use something like that, but OK..whatever ya like. I want to discern some definite, obvious, benefit from anything I bother doing.
    Well I tried to get across that I *didn`t* like it, for all the reasons you posted above (uncontrolled application) and my reasons (confidence issues/no added "look"). Having said that, I don`t want to bash Hydr02, it`s a game changer to many people and pros, it just ain`t my syringe of heroin, like expensive waxes used to be. Trying to find a middle ground.

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- Yeah, I figure the moisture does do a bit of a spit-shining thing, though I`m not doing it to avoid solvent-action (which AFAIK is the real reason to spit-shine).

While I do, heh heh, kinda get the "gee, that`d look nutty!" aspect of it, what I *don`t* get is why people would think it`s in any way difficult or demanding...You breathe somewhat deeply and fully expel the air from your lungs; it`s just breathing. If you haven`t actually tried it, you might find it`s no big deal at all and who knows, it might be of some benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I used Reload on my car. I love it. Took my time, 2 MF to wipe and it came out great!

Post Thanks / Like

I used Reload on my car. I love it. Took my time, 2 MF to wipe and it came out great!
    Whoever came up with the idea of putting two ounces of Reload in a quart sprayer filled with Ech2o @ 1:20 is a friend of mine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information