Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots BOSS Correcting Cream

Ordered this recently, finally gave it a try today with orange BOSS pads w/ Rupes 15. Very nice; very suitable replacement for Menz 2400 on my shelf.

Seems as if the pads don`t go as far as Rupes pads before swapping out, even blowing out after every section, likely because they`re thinner?

Wonder how Correcting Cream would work with green Rupes pad? Works quite nice with yellow Rupes.

Seems to have a bit more cut than Menz 2400 with orange LC pad.

I like it. Fast Correcting Cream works nicely on Rupes yellow too.
    Thanks Stokdgs, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots BOSS Correcting Cream

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Ordered this recently, finally gave it a try today with orange BOSS pads w/ Rupes 15. Very nice; very suitable replacement for Menz 2400 on my shelf.

Seems as if the pads don`t go as far as Rupes pads before swapping out, even blowing out after every section, likely because they`re thinner?

Wonder how Correcting Cream would work with green Rupes pad? Works quite nice with yellow Rupes.

Love their correcting cream, I use it with an MF pad on severely swirled paint. It does require a second step for polish due to haze after using MF.

With an orange lake county pad it finishes well and dies not require a second step unless jeweling the paint for a show car finish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged75 View Post
    With an orange lake county pad it finishes well and dies not require a second step unless jeweling the paint for a show car finish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I think I shall try with B & S maroon Uro-Tec and see if comparable to orange BOSS. Not really a fan of thin pads, didn`t notice BOSS were that style.

BOSS pads also cutting it close with little margin for error when using billet backing plate on Rupes. B&S more akin to Rupes style pad.

Post Thanks / Like

This was done with Boss correction cream only, no polish yet. Microfiber pad on a 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry forgot the after for the first one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Sorry forgot the after for the first one.

Perfecting cream on ?pad? to finish?

Although for what I`m doing right now, the correcting itself us plenty good enough. Just prepping a fleet van to give Nanolex Si3D a try. I was actually quite impressed with how much the correcting cream took out with orange pad while finishing very nicely on Ford red paint.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That was as I said on a microfiber pad. Not polished yet getting ready for Modesta BC08.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

I really like it too, although I can`t decide if I like it better than Menz 2500. The Menz is thicker and not as runny, and a bit less susceptible to accidental sling (for me).

Today I used Correcting Cream on a Rupes UHS pad and a G6. This is their 1-type-only pad that`s supposed to be used with UHS Polish and of course a Rupes machine, I broke a few rules, but it cut FAST and finished well.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    That was as I said on a microfiber pad. Not polished yet getting ready for Modesta BC08.
    Curious as to what you think you will use for the polishing step? Griots Perfecting Cream on a BOSS pad?
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I really like it too, although I can`t decide if I like it better than Menz 2500. The Menz is thicker and not as runny, and a bit less susceptible to accidental sling (for me).

Today I used Correcting Cream on a Rupes UHS pad and a G6. This is their 1-type-only pad that`s supposed to be used with UHS Polish and of course a Rupes machine, I broke a few rules, but it cut FAST and finished well.
    Those UHS pads are really some stiff items; used the UHS a few times, just didn`t `click` for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post

Correcting Cream isn`t suppose to be runny and I have an old bottle that is extremely runny as well as a new bottle that has the intended cream consistency. Lots of us have has this happen to our bottles of Correcting Cream. Not sure why this boss cream is so prone to turning runny and slinging.
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tested Sonax Perfect Finish or EX 04-06? They says to be like a medium cut polish and finish down extremely well. And seems to work great on the different hardness of paints. It`s claims on the bottle to be able to cut p2500 sanding marks. Another one is carpro reflect that also has the claimed to cut p2500. And I have to get a medium cut foam pad and I`m leaning to test carpro orange pads as I have heard they are haveing a decent cut and finishing ability.

What kind of cut do you get with the rupes yellow foam pad? I have been stocking up on them and are eager to test them out. And have anyone been testing the mille pads on the rupes 15 or 21 yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have you tested Sonax Perfect Finish or EX 04-06? They says to be like a medium cut polish and finish down extremely well. And seems to work great on the different hardness of paints. It`s claims on the bottle to be able to cut p2500 sanding marks. Another one is carpro reflect that also has the claimed to cut p2500. And I have to get a medium cut foam pad and I`m leaning to test carpro orange pads as I have heard they are haveing a decent cut and finishing ability.
    Have and enjoy Perfect Finish, was generally what I reached for first this past season. To me, I get the feeling it cuts just very, very slightly less than Correcting Cream but haven`t used the latter enough with different pads to make a decent judgement.

Not sure why I kinda forgot about it (Perfect Finish)...tried a few new things towards the end of the year/present time...Jescar, HD Polish+, Scholls. For some reason I never equated Perfect Finish in the same range as Menz 2400...perhaps time to rethink that miscalculation?

Tried the Correcting Cream with a Uro-Tec Maroon pad for a bit today, didn`t seem as nice as paired with the BOSS pad; kinda wasn`t into the whole polishing thing today so maybe that had something to do with it.

What kind of cut do you get with the rupes yellow foam pad? I have been stocking up on them and are eager to test them out. And have anyone been testing the mille pads on the rupes 15 or 21 yet?
    With Perfect Finish I seem to get slightly less cut with yellow than with something like Menz 2400. Have used Jescar Compound on Rupes yellow and it was pretty nice on Ford/GMC paint.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly you have used Scholl s20 Black ss? How do you think that is compared to GG correcting cream?

Yeah it`s not easy to find the polishes to have in your arsenal. Then the urge to test something new is hard to resist lol. The line of Sonax from Cutmax and Cut and Finish and Perfect Finish or EX 04-06 is a versitale line of polishes. If you want a little more cut maybe Cut and Finish would be something to test. Then if you find that correcting cream can replace pf2400 for you that is great. The BOSS line seems to be a great polish line too. Milles thinner pads is intresting to see how they are on the longthrow polishers. I have both medium cutting and polishing pads from SX Promax that are 15mm thin. What was it Mike Phillips says thin is in lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If I remember correctly you have used Scholl s20 Black ss? How do you think that is compared to GG correcting cream?

Yeah it`s not easy to find the polishes to have in your arsenal. Then the urge to test something new is hard to resist lol. The line of Sonax from Cutmax and Cut and Finish and Perfect Finish or EX 04-06 is a versitale line of polishes. If you want a little more cut maybe Cut and Finish would be something to test. Then if you find that correcting cream can replace pf2400 for you that is great. The BOSS line seems to be a great polish line too. Milles thinner pads is intresting to see how they are on the longthrow polishers. I have both medium cutting and polishing pads from SX Promax that are 15mm thin. What was it Mike Phillips says thin is in lol.
    I *really* like Scholls. Have only used it 4 or 5 times with their Spider pads. Last time I used it though, I seem to recall it didn`t have enough cut to do the job that time. Unfortunately I can`t remember what I was using on at the time.

It works especially nice on soft, sticky paints but overall it`s excellent as well. I think I just ran into something odd (refinished trunk mabye) that I needed to grab something else.

I still have half a Ford van that`s kinda dull, (but not too bad) to do, I`ll try to remember to give it a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    Correcting Cream isn`t suppose to be runny and I have an old bottle that is extremely runny as well as a new bottle that has the intended cream consistency. Lots of us have has this happen to our bottles of Correcting Cream. Not sure why this boss cream is so prone to turning runny and slinging.
    My bottle sat in the hot garage for our 9-month summer before I ever used it, and that may have ruined the consistency of the product. I usually bring my better stuff inside during that time, but this one escaped me. It still worked well, just sloppily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information