Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots BOSS Correcting Cream

Gee, if the GG Boss products are heat-sensitive I`m gonna pass...no way I`m A/Cing the shop all the time in hot weather (only when I really need it). My current shop doesn`t get nearly as hot as the previous one..doubt it gets much over 90-95 at the most, but that`s still kinda warm by some standards.

So...*IS*...this something we need to watch out for?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, toted some more stuff in to try.

Using Flex 3401 and orange LC Force Hybrid pad, best to worse cut and clarity
    1. Scholls S20 Black and Griots Correcting Creme about equal; Scholls 4 passes, Griots 6 passes
    2. Sonax Perfect Finish, just slightly behind the other 2 in cut and clarity

Alas, in the end the top dog for overall cut and clarity was Scholls S20 Black on blue Scholls Spider pad

Ford Victory Red paint. Mind you it is totally amateur hour around here so results from competent detailer would likely be different. Or not...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Well, toted some more stuff in to try.

Using Flex 3401 and orange LC Force Hybrid pad, best to worse cut and clarity
    1. Scholls S20 Black and Griots Correcting Creme about equal; Scholls 4 passes, Griots 6 passes
    2. Sonax Perfect Finish, just slightly behind the other 2 in cut and clarity

Alas, in the end the top dog for overall cut and clarity was Scholls S20 Black on blue Scholls Spider pad

Ford Victory Red paint. Mind you it is totally amateur hour around here so results from competent detailer would likely be different. Or not...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.
    I cannot tell you how much this evaluation of compounds and pads means to the amateur detailer from your "trial-and-error" methods and subjective observations. This may save a lot of us time and effort.

I HAD to laugh quite hard when I read the "blind squirrel" statement... we used to use that phrase in mechanical design/engineering when an innovative mechanism or electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic control gismo for a process of a machine was designed by a anyone that worked extremely well. Kind of like saying "You`d rather be lucky than good sometimes." (There is no such thing as "luck" in engineering, according to REAL (IE, the mechanically competent and truly creative) engineers. They HATED the "blind squirrel" analogy)
    GB detailer
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have and enjoy Perfect Finish, was generally what I reached for first this past season. To me, I get the feeling it cuts just very, very slightly less than Correcting Cream but haven`t used the latter enough with different pads to make a decent judgement.

Not sure why I kinda forgot about it (Perfect Finish)...tried a few new things towards the end of the year/present time...Jescar, HD Polish+, Scholls. For some reason I never equated Perfect Finish in the same range as Menz 2400...perhaps time to rethink that miscalculation?

Tried the Correcting Cream with a Uro-Tec Maroon pad for a bit today, didn`t seem as nice as paired with the BOSS pad; kinda wasn`t into the whole polishing thing today so maybe that had something to do with it.

With Perfect Finish I seem to get slightly less cut with yellow than with something like Menz 2400. Have used Jescar Compound on Rupes yellow and it was pretty nice on Ford/GMC paint.
    Starting over my polishing (And out of the polishing game for about eight years) collection. Been very interested in the buff and shine Pad linetrying to figure out what I want to pair it up with. I know they rupiahs white and yellow pad with the Jess car correcting compound and the so next perfect finish is a popular combo but I don`t know that I want route best pads having a griots da machine. How do you feel about the grouts boss polishing line in line with the Eurotech pads?

I`m interested in the Sonax perfect finish to but I`m getting confused how to use because here it`s been compared to a compound but then I`ve heard others talk about using it to finish like something like in megs 205 which I am familiar with some kind a lost on how to use that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information