Post Thanks / Like

Coagulated SIO2...

Was at my relatives house, whom I gifted some Hydr02 to. Anyhow, it`s too long in the spraybottle and the product has coagulated.
    Anyhow, just as a test bed, I sprayed it on a snow tire/wheel that`s coming off for deep cleaning

Some interesting observations.
    Said coagulated SIO2 comes out of the spray bottle, HEAVILY rinsed and it does not rinse off clean. While said blobs came out of the spray bottle, they remained as blobs on the metal surface, even after heavy rinsing.

In use, these blobs are sticky, and you can clearly see brake dust/dust/road dirt collect on these sticky blobs..
    LOL, it`s like I went back in time and instead of `nuba hardening up in the sun and being a bear to remove off, it`s the SIO that had not hardened but became gealious and removal is just as bad...

Just for this windy snowy wet Noreaster day post I suppose.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coagulated SIO2...

There was a utube video in summer I linked about someone stating SIO2 on his wheels, wheels not getting clean.
    I was thinking it was more of a heat issue/product that was causing it

I`ve yet to see that myself with Hydr02 appications that may be considered too much topping...however, I`m thinking maybe said video taker either was using old diluted product or not....as the observation of what I see with this congealed product is interesting. It won`t rise off, even with a small APC dwll and HP blast. It just remains sticky on the surface. And even after being out in the ~elements~, the blob has not diminished at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coagulated SIO2...

Was it diluted with destilled water or tap water? The sio2 in spray on rinse off product has a very fast cure time which is almost instant when hitting the surface you spray on. A thought is if it where shaked hard when mixing so some parts where cured. Or it was open for to long of time before closed in the bottle again. Then the curing began. And if stored in the sunlight or warm environment can be a reason to cure in the bottle.

Thread Information