Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intro to GYEON quartz Q2 Mohs

Quote Originally Posted by GYEON_Jeff View Post
    The only time I have seen streaking happen with SYNCRO is when the Q2 SKIN product is applied to heavy. It wants to be applied in a light to moderate amount of product. I tested going on way too light and way too heavy, and when I went on heavy I could get it to be a bit hard to remove. It would look fine to the naked eye like all excess product was removed but under an inspection light I could see remaining product. I always use a handheld light when removing coatings for this exact reason.

Is it an older bottle of Mohs (clear bottle) or a newer (frosted bottle)?
    Aloha Jeff, the 30ml bottle is clear. I`ll apply a light coating of Skin in the remaining panels. Also, how long should I wait to apply Cure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ainokea View Post
    Aloha Jeff, the 30ml bottle is clear. I`ll apply a light coating of Skin in the remaining panels. Also, how long should I wait to apply Cure?
    When I first used Syncro, I just skipped the Cure...didn`t want to contaminate the delightful slickness and shine of Skin on it`s own. Instructions also state Cure use is optional. Have to say, so far, glad I didn`t use the Cure that might diminished the hydrophobics; got a look at the vehicle I sued Syncro on, tossed some water at it and while it sheeted very well, the behavior of the beads left on the hood was unlike anything I`ve seen before.

Usually I`ll hit some beads with a little shot of air to see how well/easily they move and when I did this on the hood of the Syncro vehicle, it moved the beads across the surface with less resistance than any product I have seen. The beads moved almost like mercury did (back when we were allowed to play with mercury, anyway) with such little resistance on the surface it was really mesmerizing...very very little friction and just a little `motivation` would shoot the well-defined bead across the length of the hood.

Be sure to try it; it`s like a Lays potato chip, you won`t be able to stop at just one. Very, very cool.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Budget on not using cure. As mentioned it is optional per the instruction booklet. I would say to use it down the line as maintenance but you may not want to after experiencing how crazy hydrophobic the surface coating is.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    When I first used Syncro, I just skipped the Cure...didn`t want to contaminate the delightful slickness and shine of Skin on it`s own. Instructions also state Cure use is optional. Have to say, so far, glad I didn`t use the Cure that might diminished the hydrophobics; got a look at the vehicle I sued Syncro on, tossed some water at it and while it sheeted very well, the behavior of the beads left on the hood was unlike anything I`ve seen before.

Usually I`ll hit some beads with a little shot of air to see how well/easily they move and when I did this on the hood of the Syncro vehicle, it moved the beads across the surface with less resistance than any product I have seen. The beads moved almost like mercury did (back when we were allowed to play with mercury, anyway) with such little resistance on the surface it was really mesmerizing...very very little friction and just a little `motivation` would shoot the well-defined bead across the length of the hood.

Be sure to try it; it`s like a Lays potato chip, you won`t be able to stop at just one. Very, very cool.
    I don`t know if you have had the chance to wash whatever vehicle has syncro but it was something to see when I foamed the car with some shampoo and nothing was sticking to the surface. Awesome stuff so far at 2 months.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see so much enthusiasm for Syncro. Mohs has performed very well over the past 2y for me. Was going to go with Sparkle+ and Top Coat, but I`m not sure if the extra expense will be worth it to me. Since ACC has a sale on Syncro now...

(Sent via my mobile device...)

EDIT: don`t talk me out of it, because it`s a done deal!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

I`m thinking a polish with Gyeon Primer, then some CanCoat might be nice...heard that around here somewhere, sounds like an intriguing combo.
    that is my intro coating package and I`m very excited to use the primer and can coat but have yet to sell it. I even offer it mobile (for garage`s of course)
    I was thinking about putting some can coat on my truck over the other coatings that are in need of some form of refresh

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=512detail;2132172
    I was thinking about putting some can coat on my truck over the other coatings that are in need of some form of refresh[/QUOTE]

That will work nicely. I use Cancoat on both our coated cars.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    that is my intro coating package and I`m very excited to use the primer and can coat but have yet to sell it. I even offer it mobile (for garage`s of course)
    I was thinking about putting some can coat on my truck over the other coatings that are in need of some form of refresh
    The Gyeon Primer (which sat on my shelf for 6 months before I remembered I had it) has been one of my more recent `pleasant surprises` wirh regards to products.

I used it on a relatively new (800 miles) Lunar Silver Honda HRV that I was trying Gyeon One on. It looked so good (definitely had that coating `look`) after the Primer that I was slmost questioning whether it needed the coating afterwards.

Just 2 small drops on a pad per section, very smooth and pleasurable polishing experience. Not a lot of cut but in the right situation, I definitely want to use it again.

Hard to tell if it made coating application easier as I had never used Gyeon One to notice a difference. I think Primer is a pretty cool product; have never used Essence so I really have nothing to compare it to though.

As for CanCoat over other coatings, I`ve used it over year old Cquartz and CSL and it`s a nice easy way to refresh them.
    Likes 512detail, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Really nice combo to work with. Both user friendly with leaving a great look.

The Gyeon Primer (which sat on my shelf for 6 months before I remembered I had it) has been one of my more recent `pleasant surprises` wirh regards to products.

I used it on a relatively new (800 miles) Lunar Silver Honda HRV that I was trying Gyeon One on. It looked so good (definitely had that coating `look`) after the Primer that I was slmost questioning whether it needed the coating afterwards.

Just 2 small drops on a pad per section, very smooth and pleasurable polishing experience. Not a lot of cut but in the right situation, I definitely want to use it again.

Hard to tell if it made coating application easier as I had never used Gyeon One to notice a difference. I think Primer is a pretty cool product; have never used Essence so I really have nothing to compare it to though.

As for CanCoat over other coatings, I`ve used it over year old Cquartz and CSL and it`s a nice easy way to refresh them.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I think it`s pretty versatile like Essence in terms of using it with a more aggressive pad to get some good correction out of it. I was able to get some good correction with a Rupes Green Pad and both Essence and Q2 Primer were enough to remove light to moderate defects. Of course the hardness of the paint will factor in as well. Primer is easier to use compared to Essence from personal experience.

Even Gyeon Polish is a pleasure to work with.
    Likes 512detail, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have some left over Syncro. Is it ok to apply it on chrome trim/grill or anywhere else? I don`t want it to go to waste. I would apply it to my wheels but I already have Gyeon Rim on it already.

TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to try the Syncro Kit on my wife`s next car which we will be buying soon. Just wish Skin was available as a stand alone product too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some left over Syncro. Is it ok to apply it on chrome trim/grill or anywhere else? I don`t want it to go to waste. I would apply it to my wheels but I already have Gyeon Rim on it already.
    I am not Jeff but I applied it to every surface other than trim, glass and wheels on my dad`s car. So the plastic chrome and the brushed aluminum trim around the glass received a nice coat of Syncro.

2015 Impala with Gyeon Syncro (MOHS + Skin)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Thanks for posting this info, Jeff. It`s great to see gyeon providing meaningful info on where their products are situated in the line.

What is the necessity of doing 2 layers of Mohs, and what is the consequence of only doing a single layer?
    Thank you!

MOHS is a PHPS (Silazane) based coating. By nature the layer of material will be "thinner" than a highly concentrated SiO2 based coating, however it does not shrink! That is very important! So 2 layers of MOHS is best. A single layer will result in less protection (the ability of the coating layer to withstand penetration from UV and chemical damage) and durability, but still function.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly! It is hard to say what the durability will look like however, but it will certainly perform.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Post Thanks / Like

So you can apply Mohs Base Layer and Skin Layer on All Surfaces other than the rubber and unpainted plastic trim pieces?

Example
    Painted Panels
    Painted Plastic Trim (the for show fake vents on a stinger hood)
    Chrome Painted Plastic (Dark Chrome on a Stinger GT Grille and Mirrors)
    and the Glass (Wouldnt use Gyeon View Instead for this?)

Just cant use it on plastic and rubber panels for which you`d use Gyeon Trim?

Thanks new to this trying to decide what to do ... I have a Black Kia Stinger (Hence the confusion about painted vs unpainted plastic bits)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GYEON_Jeff View Post
    The only time I have seen streaking happen with SYNCRO is when the Q2 SKIN product is applied to heavy. It wants to be applied in a light to moderate amount of product. I tested going on way too light and way too heavy, and when I went on heavy I could get it to be a bit hard to remove. It would look fine to the naked eye like all excess product was removed but under an inspection light I could see remaining product. I always use a handheld light when removing coatings for this exact reason.

Is it an older bottle of Mohs (clear bottle) or a newer (frosted bottle)?
    Hey Jeff, I applied the Gyeon Syncro combo to my new vehicle yesterday. VERY pleased with the outcome. I quickly realized that if Skin wasn`t removed immediately that some streaking did occur. As a result, I have an area of streaking on the hood. How would you recommend correcting the streaks? Should I strip that area and start over completely with Mohs and Skin? Is the Gyeon Polish enough to strip the coating for another go round?

Again, Very happy with how the car turned out overall, would just like to fix the small area that streaked.

Thanks!
    Matt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information