Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intro to GYEON quartz Q2 Mohs

Quote Originally Posted by GYEON_Jeff View Post
    I preach Maintenance pretty hard. I typically say 2-3 years depending on maintenance. And try to set peoples expectations correctly. I also discuss how the car lives it`s life. If it is a weekend toy then we should see the high end. If it is a daily driver that sees all 4 seasons I say we need to focus on maintenance diligently so we see the durability we want.

And think about this. This exact same Q2 Mohs was the base coating for the 5 yr Certified Detailer Coating Kits up until this year which GYEON had no problem standing behind. So I think Mohs is pretty stout.
    Jeff---What do you consider "Maint"
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Jeff---What do you consider "Maint"
    The coating needs to remain clean so that contaminant does not build up on the surface, changing the surface tension, and diminishing the coatings ability to reject dirt and contaminant. So regular wash maintenance every week or two and then a product like Cure, Bathe+, or WetCoat every few months to keep the hydrophobic properties performing at their best.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the explanation---as of now Im running Kamikaze Miyabi coat/Overcoat for my first try at these sealants, so Im sure the same rules apply as well! Next up I will def try your products for sure as they seem super easy to apply and last as well!!
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the explanation---as of now Im running Kamikaze Miyabi coat/Overcoat for my first try at these sealants, so Im sure the same rules apply as well! Next up I will def try your products for sure as they seem super easy to apply and last as well!!
    Awesome! Yes same rules apply for all coatings.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Post Thanks / Like

When ya try Gyeon, give Syncro a try...very, very easy application, great gloss and slickness. Have high hopes for this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to blow this thread off track, but Im thinking when I run out of overcoat, what would be something else I could replace it with to "Maintain" thats just as good Or better?
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX

Post Thanks / Like

There is an active thread on this site, started by Budget Plan that is comparing OverCoat vs 22PLE VS1 FC vs Hydrosilex Recharge. I currently use 22PLE VS! FC and like it a lot, but am considering useing Gyeon Can Coat in the future. It`s the most hydrophobic product I`ve ever used and is advertised as a 6 month product. I can get 8-10 cars out of a bottle.

Not to blow this thread off track, but Im thinking when I run out of overcoat, what would be something else I could replace it with to "Maintain" thats just as good Or better?

Post Thanks / Like

I will never be without CanCoat on my shelf. It is one of the handiest, most effective, easiest to use and most entertaining products I`ve run across.

Instant gratification that lasts a long time.

Have used it to `refresh` a variety of coatings, Gyeon and otherwise, that have lost a bit if their luster over time.

I`m thinking a polish with Gyeon Primer, then some CanCoat might be nice...heard that around here somewhere, sounds like an intriguing combo.

Have used CanCoat on top of Prime, on top of One, on top of Mohs, on top of Gtechniq, on top of Cquartz...always a winner, always an improvement.
    Likes Ronkh, Tc99m, GYEON_Jeff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat is Awesome. On my daily driver I got a year+ except for the lower panels behind the wheels. Those where around 10 months.

Super easy to apply sacrificial layer. That has outstanding durability. Phenomenal water behavior and high gloss as the cherry on top.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat continues to impress. It is extremely capable, goes way past the 6 months listed on the packaging, and looks darn good. Polish with Primer to lay down a base layer of SiO2 and then apply CanCoat and you`ve got a very good combo in place.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA
    Likes glfnaz, BudgetPlan1, Tc99m, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff:

I appreciate all the responses here. I have really been liking Gyeon, and I`ve been pretty happy with Mohs on my personal vehicle - going into 2 years now. It needs a refresh due to weather and washing abuse (mostly by the dealer).

How does Syncro respond to water spot removers?

I`m convinced that Mohs is top notch, but when I hit it with Water Spot Remover, the hydrophobicity went to the dogs. (I have a thread somewhere on it.)

What about Syncro and water spot removers? Let`s say it gets trashed by the water spot removers, would it suffice to just put a layer of Skin back on? Obviously we could do Can Coat or Cure....

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Jeff:

I appreciate all the responses here. I have really been liking Gyeon, and I`ve been pretty happy with Mohs on my personal vehicle - going into 2 years now. It needs a refresh due to weather and washing abuse (mostly by the dealer).

How does Syncro respond to water spot removers?

I`m convinced that Mohs is top notch, but when I hit it with Water Spot Remover, the hydrophobicity went to the dogs. (I have a thread somewhere on it.)

What about Syncro and water spot removers? Let`s say it gets trashed by the water spot removers, would it suffice to just put a layer of Skin back on? Obviously we could do Can Coat or Cure....

(Sent via my mobile device...)
    You`re very welcome! And glad to hear Mohs has been performing for you.

Question, how often would you say you`re using WaterSpot? It is certainly a strong chemical and can knock down some of the hydrophobic properties of coatings. I would say it will have the same affect over SYNCRO as it did Mohs, but can be brought back to life easily with something like WetCoat or Cure.

I am waiting to hear back from GYEON HQ on an official position on SKIN used down the road as a top up. I don`t see a major issue, but want to hear back from GYEON formally.
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

I`m not using the water spot removers much at all. After the first discovery (and experiment), I`ve pretty much stayed away. So, sparingly. See this thread.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Aloha Jeff,

I recently applied Gyeon Syncro to my vehicle (Suburban) and did 3 coats of Mohs and Syncro on top of that. Everything looks good during the day, however, at night under a street lamp in a shopping center I noticed some streaking. I am located in Hawaii and it was very humid that day so the Mohs was flashing pretty fast. I made sure to do small sections and wipe off all the residue left over. Any other advice you can give me on how to prevent the streaking?

Also, I did about 60% of my vehicle. I have a small amount of Mohs left so I purchased a new 30ml bottle. I noticed on the 30ml label it is made in Japan and the bottle that came with Syncro is made in South Korea. Is it ok to put the Japan version on top of the South Korean? Mahalo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ainokea View Post
    Aloha Jeff,

I recently applied Gyeon Syncro to my vehicle (Suburban) and did 3 coats of Mohs and Syncro on top of that. Everything looks good during the day, however, at night under a street lamp in a shopping center I noticed some streaking. I am located in Hawaii and it was very humid that day so the Mohs was flashing pretty fast. I made sure to do small sections and wipe off all the residue left over. Any other advice you can give me on how to prevent the streaking?

Also, I did about 60% of my vehicle. I have a small amount of Mohs left so I purchased a new 30ml bottle. I noticed on the 30ml label it is made in Japan and the bottle that came with Syncro is made in South Korea. Is it ok to put the Japan version on top of the South Korean? Mahalo!
    The only time I have seen streaking happen with SYNCRO is when the Q2 SKIN product is applied to heavy. It wants to be applied in a light to moderate amount of product. I tested going on way too light and way too heavy, and when I went on heavy I could get it to be a bit hard to remove. It would look fine to the naked eye like all excess product was removed but under an inspection light I could see remaining product. I always use a handheld light when removing coatings for this exact reason.

Is it an older bottle of Mohs (clear bottle) or a newer (frosted bottle)?
    Jeff McEachran
    National Brand Manager
    GYEON quartz USA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information