Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence question?

I bought a bottle of essence when it first came out and tried it a couple of times, and then just forgot about it. On the bottom it has a date 11/18/15 then exp date 11/17/16. Do you think it can still be good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence question?

It is probably still ok to use.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Only one way to really tell. I would suggest some serious shaking though.

I would think that if a product has an expiration on it, especially one like essence, maybe it wont work as intended anymore. It may still work but my guess, considering the nature of the product, is that the layer of protection that should be left behind is where its going to suffer. I probably wouldn`t try it as a primer under a coating because id be worried about longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually worried about the silica being dried up and possibly scratching the paint. I will shake it an see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Only one way to really tell. I would suggest some serious shaking though.

I would think that if a product has an expiration on it, especially one like essence, maybe it wont work as intended anymore. It may still work but my guess, considering the nature of the product, is that the layer of protection that should be left behind is where its going to suffer. I probably wouldn`t try it as a primer under a coating because id be worried about longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Try it. I`m not even close to a year on mine but I wrap my bottle in plastic wrap and put it in a Ziploc. Keep it cool and dark location

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very carefull to use it. Shake it up thoroughly and wear a glove and take some in the hand. See if you see any clear dots in it and feel between your fingers if there is bigger parts in it. If it`s still smooth to the touch and looks okey maybe it`s good to go. And as on wrote if you have stored it cool and dark it may have survived.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I bought a bottle of essence when it first came out and tried it a couple of times, and then just forgot about it. On the bottom it has a date 11/18/15 then exp date 11/17/16. Do you think it can still be good?
    I asked the question of Corey and this was his reply:
    "Hi Bill! Shelf life is 1-2 years. There should be a date on the bottom. Note the second date is the expiry but generally on this product you have a good year beyond that it will work no problem at all. No difference. Also note the date is Day/Month/Year"

Likes Rblouin, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how to remove carpro essence which seems to set like concrete?
    On the basis of my mistaken impression that essence had good correcting abilities I didn`t use a compound or dedicated finishing polish prior to its application. The paintwork which is silver is not exactly trashed but I am keen to refine it further before reapplying essence with a topper.
    Can you say whether over a number of months essence will degenerate and detach itself from the clearcoat or whether it is likely to just lose its hydrophobic properties and remain on the paint as a semi permanent barrier? This product has been out for some time now so I suspect that someone on this forum should have an insight.
    I should be most grateful for your assistance.
    Many thanks in anticipation
    TheMac

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t even realize they had exp date I have been using a really old bottle as well I couldn’t tell a difference it’s a nice but expensive product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove carpro essence which seems to set like concrete?
    On the basis of my mistaken impression that essence had good correcting abilities I didn`t use a compound or dedicated finishing polish prior to its application. The paintwork which is silver is not exactly trashed but I am keen to refine it further before reapplying essence with a topper.
    Can you say whether over a number of months essence will degenerate and detach itself from the clearcoat or whether it is likely to just lose its hydrophobic properties and remain on the paint as a semi permanent barrier? This product has been out for some time now so I suspect that someone on this forum should have an insight.
    I should be most grateful for your assistance.
    Many thanks in anticipation
    TheMac

I am pulling some of this from another thread where you asked the same question confusing CarPro Essence Plus+ and Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss. But the response and info as basically still the same and valid.

CarPro Essence Plus+
    and Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss are 2 different products.

Carpro Essence Extreme Gloss - This is an extremely light polish and more of a finial step / coating prep polish. I would not be using this as a compound/polish expecting any major correction power.

If you are looking to "remove" Essence Extreme Gloss I would just use a normal compound or finishing polish. This is not a long term coating.

CarPro Essence Plus+ - This on the other hand while named the same is a follow-up product to use as a coating cleanup / repair. I would suggest using it by hand or very lightly with a wax pad on machine. The naming on these 2 products drives me nuts. They really need to change one of the names because people get them confused.

Essence Plus+ is just like Essence or any other sealant/wax. Of course it will degrade over time and just wear away. Coating essentially do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Many tks for the reply. I put my first post under the carpro essence plus thread as I hadn`t noticed this one and also because I couldn`t find out how to create a new thread. Both my posts relate to carpro essence primer. I have since contacted Carpro customer services directly and been given the same information. Very heartening. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I’m using a bottle that’s over a year past the expiration date and haven’t seen any issues.

Ive had Essence Extreme on areas by itself for quite some time (~4 months) and it eventually became like a bare surface as far as water behavior... maybe at the 2-3 month mark. I wasn’t purposely tracking it so I can’t say the time frame for sure. I have no clue whether it was gone at that point or just contaminated.

Likewise, many times I’ve tested other products with Essence underneath and when the top product wears out, there is crappy beading but hard to say whether water fully sat on it. I think there was always poor beading to some extent by the time I polished.

Not sure these wishy-washy memories are helpful since they don’t answer or prove anything... but it’s all I got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    FWIW, I’m using a bottle that’s over a year past the expiration date and haven’t seen any issues.

Ive had Essence Extreme on areas by itself for quite some time (~4 months) and it eventually became like a bare surface as far as water behavior... maybe at the 2-3 month mark. I wasn’t purposely tracking it so I can’t say the time frame for sure. I have no clue whether it was gone at that point or just contaminated.

Likewise, many times I’ve tested other products with Essence underneath and when the top product wears out, there is crappy beading but hard to say whether water fully sat on it. I think there was always poor beading to some extent by the time I polished.

Not sure these wishy-washy memories are helpful since they don’t answer or prove anything... but it’s all I got.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Since posting I have been informed that Essence displays very few Hydrophobic properties.
    Maybe someone can help me with this. I applied both Essence and TAC Systems One Step Master to my car and although the paintwork now appears to be extremely glossy and reflective TAC`s One Step Master muted the silver colour. This effect is apparently called jetting. This is a major contributory reason for me intending to remove both products and reapply essence with Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz which I am informed doesn’t have the same issue.
    Nevertheless, things are rarely straightforward. I have recently come across a video conducted by Apex Detail on 28 May 2019 showing Polish Angel HIGH GLOSS producing some 91 to 92 gloss units whereas another, more recent, video of theirs dated 28 December of the same year shows TAC Systems One Step Master giving gloss readings of 99 to 102 gloss units.
    Can anyone say how many gloss units Essence provides even on its own and to what extent it is likely to assist Polish Angle’s Cosmic Spritz to achieve similarly high gloss readings to One Step Master?
    I have to say that I used both Essence and One Step Master on my son’s MX5 sports car which has darker paint and the results were truly amazing. Both are fantastic products. It is just a pity that One Step Master has a tendency to darken / mute light paint colours.
    Many thanks in anticipation of some constructive replies.
    TheMac

Post Thanks / Like

I have two further questions if someone would assist.
    If you attempt to jewel the paint with Essence is the paint flattened with the abrasives in the polish or just filled on a semi permanent basis?
    Secondly I have attempted to obtain Brian from Apex Detail`s email address without success. It must be one of the most closely guarded secrets on the net even though he frequently invites people to contact him. There are so many detailing firms called Apex Detail that I have no idea which if any, is his. Additionally is he likely to reply or, if you are lucky just address your question at some future time on his channel?

Post Thanks / Like

I have two further questions if someone would assist.<br>If you attempt to jewel the paint with Essence is the paint flattened with the abrasives in the polish or just filled on a semi permanent basis?<br>Secondly I have attempted to obtain Brian from Apex Detail`s email address without success. It must be one of the most closely guarded secrets on the net even though he frequently invites people to contact him. There are so many detailing firms called Apex Detail that I have no idea which if any, is his. Additionally is he likely to reply or, if you are lucky&nbsp; just address your question at some future time on his channel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information