Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence question?

@TheMac
    Agreed Essence has poor hydrophobic properties which is one main reason it should be topped.

I don’t know much about gloss units but member Loach has a gloss meter thread here or on AG that gives his gloss readings for many different products before and after washing them for a first time. I’m pretty sure Essence alone is included. Try searching, it started maybe 3-6 months ago but still occasionally gets updated.

This is only my opinion from using it, but I think there could be minuscule flattening of clear coat from jeweling with Essence. It’s very fine abrasives but for whatever reason, using a very soft pad and using slow arm movement creates a ton of gloss. Perhaps it’s due to letting the product warm a bit which supposedly activates fillers, but regardless of slight polishing ability or the fillers, I get max gloss (to my eyes) when using gloss pads on an already, freshly polished surface.

I do t have any info about reaching Brian but someone will probably chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

AcuRAS82
    Many thanks for the reply.
    Your reference to the gloss thread was invaluable. What I am takiñg away from it is that high gloss levels seem dependant on refining the paint and that it doesn`t much matter which of the compounds, finishing polishes are used for that purpose. Interesting to see that Essence doesn`t seem to produce more gloss units than añy of the other finishing polishes and that cosmic spritz seems to produce the same number.
    The difficulty, if there is one, is that the essence and one step master coats were applied in my garage and that I am not in a position to tell which has produced the `paint popping` effect. Nevertheless, I can recognise that differences in the level of gloss on refined paint may be difficult to notice anyway, and is perhaps not as important as depth, wetness and warmth ñone of which a gloss meter will be able to measure and all of which I am hoping will be supplied by Polish Angel cosmic spritz.
    Many thanks again. Autopia.org is a great resource.
    TheMac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    AcuRAS82
    Many thanks for the reply.
    Your reference to the gloss thread was invaluable. What I am takiñg away from it is that high gloss levels seem dependant on refining the paint and that it doesn`t much matter which of the compounds, finishing polishes are used for that purpose. Interesting to see that Essence doesn`t seem to produce more gloss units than añy of the other finishing polishes and that cosmic spritz seems to produce the same number.
    The difficulty, if there is one, is that the essence and one step master coats were applied in my garage and that I am not in a position to tell which has produced the `paint popping` effect. Nevertheless, I can recognise that differences in the level of gloss on refined paint may be difficult to notice anyway, and is perhaps not as important as depth, wetness and warmth ñone of which a gloss meter will be able to measure and all of which I am hoping will be supplied by Polish Angel cosmic spritz.
    Many thanks again. Autopia.org is a great resource.
    TheMac
    I personally agree that the eye test is more important (yet totally unmeasureable) than gloss readings. And I only say that because I’ve tried so many LSPs on the same set of 5 or 6 paints and although some are are brighter or have more reflections, those reflections look different depths and different smoothness levels which seems to correlate better or worse on certain paint types/colors.

With the above stated, I respect gloss ratings and they are not to be ignored. But they certainly don’t automatically mean the best look on light metallic vs dark metallic vs blue solid vs black solid. However there are times when I want a very bling/bright look and would certainly start my search with those that have high gloss readings.

And polishing is the #1 initiative for highest gloss, but as I always say, I’m an enthusiast who is always trying to polish my best, so once that is complete I’m then searching for that extra 10% of gloss or jetting or whatever other characteristics in a look I’m shooting for. And to my eyes, looking at the same handful of paints, the LSP seems to make that difference.

And I like Essence a lot. And I have Moonlight and Quartzmax and based on your observation of TAC Systems, I look forward to using them and checking out what they do for that final look.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82
    Thanks yet again for the reply. The following couple of points may help to inform or be of passing iñterest to you. The first is that the car in question has relatively hard paint being an Audi and the second, which is maybe a bit more relevant, relates to the nature of the jetting.
    When I first applied the two products the paintwork appeared to have taken on a fairly significant tint similar to the colour of the One Step Master in the applicator bottle. The wheels, which are fairly bright silver, looked like they might have been taken off añother car. As a result I appĺed the topper to one of the wheels to see if I could tone it down but it just became murky.
    Since the time of application five weeks and some seven washes ago the, almost miñk, tint has lessened significantly but the original bright ice silver colour of the paintwork is still proving to be illusive.
    As you know my current intention in the new year is to refine the paintwork with the Final Cut compound and Scholl S30+, reapply Essence and top with Cosmic Spritz which apparently has no fillers and produces ño jetting. The advantage of Spritz to me is that a half litre should last a coupĺe of years and be relatively easily removed if it proves to be necessary. Also although I have yet to see it in the flesh I haven`t read or heard of any adverse comments re the product.
    If you or anyone else have any thoughts on the above approach I should be most grateful to hear them before I invest a further £98 on the Sprotz.
    Please accept my thanks again for your input which has proved to be invaluable.

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82
    Thanks yet again for the reply. The following couple of points may help to inform or be of passing iñterest to you. The first is that the car in question has relatively hard paint being an Audi and the second, which is maybe a bit more relevant, relates to the nature of the jetting.
    When I first applied the two products the paintwork appeared to have taken on a fairly significant tint similar to the colour of the One Step Master in the applicator bottle. The wheels, which are fairly bright silver, looked like they might have been taken off añother car. As a result I appĺed the topper to one of the wheels to see if I could tone it down but it just became murky.
    Since the time of application five weeks and some seven washes ago the, almost miñk, tint has lessened significantly but the original bright ice silver colour of the paintwork is still proving to be illusive.
    As you know my current intention in the new year is to refine the paintwork with the Final Cut compound and Scholl S30+, reapply Essence and top with Cosmic Spritz which apparently has no fillers and produces ño jetting. The advantage of Spritz to me is that a half litre should last a coupĺe of years and be relatively easily removed if it proves to be necessary. Also although I have yet to see it in the flesh I haven`t read or heard of any adverse comments re the product.
    If you or anyone else have any thoughts on the above approach I should be most grateful to hear them before I invest a further £98 on the Sprotz.
    Please accept my thanks again for your input which has proved to be invaluable.
    I can’t say Cosmic Spritz won’t provide “jetting” as I consider jetting to be sort of a warmer, stretching-over-contour-lines type of look (and a good one), but now that I looked up ‘mink‘ color, I can see why TAC could do this while also changing color of the surface.

Nost ceramic products will slightly darken the surface. Some barely noticeable, some very noticeable. Cosmic, IMO won’t make your paint color look drastically different. At least from my experience (1 black metallic, 1 black solid, 1 silver metallic car). It does leave some smoothness and what I could call jetting. This compared to some other ceramic toppers that are sharper looking.

I like Cosmic and it should last a few years for the 500ml bottle even if you use way more often than needed. It looks great on Essence. I say go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

AcuRAS82
    Re your post of 10 September I was slightly suprised to read that unprotected Essence had oñly lasted around 4 moñths. Maçhining it off after 6 months or so shouldn`t be a problem which is great news.
    Thanks for the input on the Cosmic Spritz re the look and longevity. It reads like it produces a more carnauba type of look and I am into subtleties anyway. It is also good news that it goes well with Essence.
    The çar`s paintwork has gradually been getting brighter and shinier after each wash. It had its 8th? wash yesterday and the colour is now as çlose or identical to its original as far as I can judge. After reading the thread started by Loach it struck me in passing that there may have been residual product left on the paintwork which would have significantly contributed to the tinting. I had been relatively generous with the One Step Master and had read, either on the instructions or on the net, not to wash the car for at least the first week during which time I was going almost wild thinking that the coĺour was ridiculous. Any subsequent washes have been fairly gentle using my fancy new Rag Compañy wash mitts with ph ñeutral shampoo with forced air to dry it. You can tell that I have been taking this seriously! Perhaps the lack of agitation on the paintwork has delayed any remaining residual product from beiñg completely removed.
    Anyway thanks again. It reads as if you may have previously used both One Step Master and Cosmic Spritz without issue possibly even on a silver car. May I ask whether you found any noticable difference in gloss and which of the two you considered the more attractive?
    I have enjoyed our conversations and you have been extremely patient so far. This is the final question!
    Many thanks
    TheMac

Post Thanks / Like

AcuRAS82
    Re your post of 10 September I was slightly suprised to read that unprotected Essence had oñly lasted around 4 moñths. Maçhining it off after 6 months or so shouldn`t be a problem which is great news.
    The Essence looked dead around the 4 month mark but since I was only using it as a control section, I removed it when the remainder of the other testing was done and did not check to see if it would be revived with some decon. Either way I think you can polish off Essence easily at anytime (if I misunderstand your intent, sorry).

It reads as if you may have previously used both One Step Master and Cosmic Spritz without issue possibly even on a silver car. May I ask whether you found any noticable difference in gloss and which of the two you considered the more attractive?
    I have enjoyed our conversations and you have been extremely patient so far. This is the final question!
    Many thanks
    TheMac
    I have not used One Step Master, unfortunately. I’ve used a lot of other ceramic sprays and Cosmic (which works great on Essence) is top tier.
    Ask any questions you want any time. Someone will always have something useful to say.
    Likes TheMac liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

AcuRAS82
    Thanks for the input on the Cosmic Spritz re the look and longevity. It reads like it produces a more carnauba type of look and I am into subtleties anyway. It is also good news that it goes well with Essence.
    The çar`s paintwork has gradually been getting brighter and shinier after each wash. It had its 8th? wash yesterday and the colour is now as çlose or identical to its original as far as I can judge. After reading the thread started by Loach it struck me in passing that there may have been residual product left on the paintwork which would have significantly contributed to the tinting. I had been relatively generous with the One Step Master and had read, either on the instructions or on the net, not to wash the car for at least the first week during which time I was going almost wild thinking that the coĺour was ridiculous. Any subsequent washes have been fairly gentle using my fancy new Rag Compañy wash mitts with ph ñeutral shampoo with forced air to dry it. You can tell that I have been taking this seriously! Perhaps the lack of agitation on the paintwork has delayed any remaining residual product from beiñg completely removed.
    Anyway thanks again. It reads as if you may have previously used both One Step Master and Cosmic Spritz without issue possibly even on a silver car. May I ask whether you found any noticable difference in gloss and which of the two you considered the more attractive?
    Many thanks
    TheMac
    My experience with cosmic has been nothing but good. It is the best performing stand alone and topper for me. I have Kamikaze overcoat v1 and it is close but for me spots a little more and not quite as glossy. V2 or 3 may be better though.

I would say try either one and you will be satisfied. I really like the look of cosmic on top of OC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Coatiñgs=crack=
    Thanks for the reply. I can hardly wait to try it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information