Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical guys at Walmart?

I saw that at my local Wal-Mart as well (Anaheim, CA)

I saw a woman holding Armor-All wash and wax, reading the label on the back. I was contemplating giving her my opinions on the different soaps I`ve tried that were on the shelf, but wanted to see what she would end up doing on her own. Sure enough, she picked the cheapest product (Armor All). Not saying anything bad, even the Megs soaps were only 20-40 cents more, but she really did get the lowest cost option (nothing wrong with that either).

I looked through the rest of the aisle, just to be informed as to what they have on hand, cuz In case I need something in a pinch, I know where to go! I do this at all stores I go to that carry auto detailing products (Target shrunk little by little. Used to be a full aisle, now it`s just a 5-6` wide section).

Oh, so CG. I saw them on the shelf, shook my head, and moved on. From the car guys I talk to, it seems the guys in their 20s are the ones buying CG products (mostly).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I saw that at my local Wal-Mart as well (Anaheim, CA)

I saw a woman holding Armor-All wash and wax, reading the label on the back. I was contemplating giving her my opinions on the different soaps I`ve tried that were on the shelf, but wanted to see what she would end up doing on her own. Sure enough, she picked the cheapest product (Armor All). Not saying anything bad, even the Megs soaps were only 20-40 cents more, but she really did get the lowest cost option (nothing wrong with that either).
    Interesting to hear the Meguiars lost to Armor All. At my Walmart, the Blue Coral shampoo is half the price of Meguiars and quite a bit cheaper than the Armor All stuff too.

I`ve not seen any CG products in my area, but don`t actually expect to either any time soon. Our stores never carried the Dub line and even my local Autozone only has 3~4 Griots items crammed onto an already small detailing items shelf.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Wait a while. Anyone remember the Autoglym fiasco with Walmart. I did not mind! I picked up their HD Wax for $20.00 on clearance. The applicators and microfiber towel were worth that alone, not to mention the great wax that I used on a number of vehicles.
    I see Surf City Garage products on the Walmart automotive shelves, and some times the slow-moving items get moved to the clearance area (at least in my Green Bay area stores). Never bought them, though.
    That seems to be a marketing conundrum with an "upscale" manufacturer trying to break into mass marketing or big-box stores: The current Walmart customer is not the same one who is willing to spend 2X the purchase price for car-care products that are already on the shelf (IE, Meg`s , Turtle Wax, Armour-All, Black Magic) AND the upscale customer who WOULD buy a quality-name product does not shop at Walmart, whether at the brick-and-mortar store or online (internet website).

Now, if Walmart sold 3D or Griot`s Garage car-care products , I would buy them, but that`s me because I choose spend my discretionary income on high-quality car-care product. I am more of an over-the-counter buyer just because I fit into that age profile who prefers to do so (AKA Baby boomer`s generation).
    I remember stocking up on Autoglym at Walmart lol !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guess there’s two ways to look at it... Not the best to see overhyped mediocre stuff like CG going mainstream into Walmart. But, it’s added choices for customers and it’s probably better than being stuck with armorall garbage and whatever other slim choices there are in typical stores.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    At least she was looking at actual car wash soaps!

(At least she`s not just washing with dish soap)

Post Thanks / Like

She must think all car washes are the same and just opted for the cheapest one
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking car wash soaps, if Walmart would offer Chemical`s Guy`s soaps (at least in the 16 oz. bottles), they have more types of car wash soaps than any car-care manufacturer that I know of:
    Maxi-suds II
    Honeydew Snow Foam
    Citrus Wash-and-Gloss (a forum favorite )
    Citrus Wash Clear (don`t see this offered any more ; replaced by Clean Slate??)
    Mr. Pink
    Clean Slate Surface Cleaner Wash (good for pre-washes for LSP prepping)
    Hybrid V7 High Gloss Car Wash Soap (pricy)
    GlossWorkz Auto Wash Soap
    Meticulous Matte Wash Soap (the ONLY one I know for those hot-rodders who have matte-finish paints (IE, dull grey primer-like))
    Black Light Car Wash Soap
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars tried the Wal-Mart route also with the 105,205,and microfiber system. How’d that work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    She did read the labels, but don`t they all say it cleans the best and leaves an awesome protection and shine!! So her thinking is, why pay more!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

So I saw on Walmart.com had rupes 21 first gen so who knows what they are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    So I saw on Walmart.com had rupes 21 first gen so who knows what they are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fulfilled by Detail King. I assume it is one of their avenues for selling product.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    At least she was looking at actual car wash soaps!

(At least she`s not just washing with dish soap)
    Yes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    LOL - I`ve done similar with products that I don`t know about. (Oh, maybe like dish wash soap? No, the wife gets that stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Speaking car wash soaps, if Walmart would offer Chemical`s Guy`s soaps (at least in the 16 oz. bottles), they have more types of car wash soaps than any car-care manufacturer that I know of:

Clean Slate Surface Cleaner Wash (good for pre-washes for LSP prepping)
    It`s nuts how many "different" soaps they carry! That`s like 10 on your list! Hmm. Megs has, what, 4-5?

Loach tried Clean Slate and found it didn`t really do much to remove "old" wax. Guess his LSP wasn`t old enough?

Post Thanks / Like

That is Walmart`s new motis operandus; appealing to "upscale" customers looking for quality products by dovetailing with resale partners. Heck, a lot of the items on their website are offered through "other" resellers.
    GB detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I went in to my local Walmart to get a microfiber wash mitt, and noticed they have some Chemical guys products on their shelf.
    I believe I read somewhere that Costco is going to or already just started selling C/Guys products...
    I don`t even bother looking at them - there are too many - and there is really no difference - just marketing at its nuttiest level IMO..
    Dan F

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information