Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

22PLE HPC question

First off, I`ve learned a lot reading this forum regarding performance of different products. The thread by budgetplan really is a great reference for real world performance of various coatings. After reading through that thread, I decided the switch from the cquartz classic that I have used in the past to 22ple hpc. As stated by many, this was REALLY easy to use and the initial results look great. So far I have two coats put on my truck. I still have about 15 ml left over, and I was wondering what, if anything, would be gained by using the leftover product to put on a third layer?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 22PLE HPC question

Welcome to Autopia

I have never used that product so I am not sure at what point you would reach the law of diminishing returns on layering.

Have you considered items in your household that you could coat instead? Perhaps some countertops or faucets or something?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I rent currently, so its either use whats left for a third layer or coat my wheels. I picked up some polish angel high gloss to use as a topper, so I think im going to be happy with the end result either way. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

that high gloss is trash, all it will do is attract rubberneckers

Good idea on wheels. I didn`t even think about the wheels. I`d say one coat on wheels is better than none, assuming its ok to use that coating on wheels.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

HPC is very nice.

A third layer should be fine, add the remaining left over to the hood and front bumper/fenders. How long since the last application? 22PLE recommends 12 hours apart, but I think you`ll be just fine.

High Gloss will work perfectly over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

HPC is just one of those products that is not only incredible in its looks and performance, but is also just plain fun to use. Really look forward to it each time I use it.

I usually end up with leftovers as well cuz I always seem to forget just how far the product goes.

Never made it to 3 coats though, that should be interesting.

Curious as to if you used the 22ple applicator as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I used the carpro applicator with suede microfibers. I think the first half of the first coat ended up going on a little thin since I used the same amount of product as I had used when applying cquartz in the past. Midway through the first coat I just made sure to keep the whole area damp with product vs just running a line down the middle of the applicator. After making that change, it went on really smoothly. Second coat was much smoother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    HPC is very nice.

A third layer should be fine, add the remaining left over to the hood and front bumper/fenders. How long since the last application? 22PLE recommends 12 hours apart, but I think you`ll be just fine.

High Gloss will work perfectly over the top.
    I waited a full 24 hours between each coat. I`m thinking that it might just be best to leave well enough alone. My truck is going to have to go back to work on Monday and I`m thinking the extra cure time will be more beneficial than a third coat in certain places would be.
    Likes mg031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdenny View Post
    I waited a full 24 hours between each coat. I`m thinking that it might just be best to leave well enough alone. My truck is going to have to go back to work on Monday and I`m thinking the extra cure time will be more beneficial than a third coat in certain places would be.
    There seems to be a little discrepancy on cure times with regards to vendor description and mfg reccomendations. Contact 22ple (a journey in and of itself) and they suggest 24hrs between coats; vendor website (DI) says 12.

I always waited 24, which can be a PIA logistically but may as well if ya can.

After trying a few application methods, including their tiny little excuse for an applicator, the standard block/microsuede worked best.

Enigmatic company, nice products. They really need a website though.

Still trying to decide if I like their Finitura product yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    There seems to be a little discrepancy on cure times with regards to vendor description and mfg reccomendations. Contact 22ple (a journey in and of itself) and they suggest 24hrs between coats; vendor website (DI) says 12.

After trying a few application methods, including their tiny little excuse for an applicator, the standard block/microsuede worked best.

I think they are the goods. Also not sure yet about Finitura but I will be trying the Activate primer base soon both with HPC and VX2Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this product a month ago. Have used it twice and it`s a real pleasure to work with. I`m still refining my application technique, but it`s easy to use. I think I have to wait a bit longer for the flash - - kind of chilly the days we used it. Waiting for warmer temps to finish the car.

It seems impressive after being in the rain and beading is strong. The surface appears virtually clean when it dries, no water spotting I`ve noticed so far. Terrific gloss, too. I`m not crazy about the price, was able to get it on sale, might be the best value in coatings out there of the things I`ve sampled.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

^^^I agree! 22ple has some fantastic coatings with great ‘looks’ and properties. A sleeper IMO in the world of coatings...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Have you ever applied kamakaze overcoat over the 22ple?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    I have.. it works fine.. will you have full durability of overcoat over HPC? I don’t know.

I like overcoat over most coatings actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    I haven`t but fortunately mg031 has...quite frankly, never thought of it. I will say that the 22ple version of a booster, VS1 Final Coat, is a very, very fine product. User gflnaz is a big fan and rightfully so...it`s good stuff as well

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    I have.. it works fine.. will you have full durability of overcoat over HPC? I don’t know.

I like overcoat over most coatings actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know...
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information