Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, it starts with my spending your money again

Unscrew and discard the pistol grip. Screw a male brass quick-connect in there in its place.

At the end of your hose, put on a full-flow (wide orifice/ball valve) shutoff and screw the female brass quick connect onto that.

Water flow into the foamgun is then controlled with the above-mentioned shutoff via thumb action.

While it might take a little acclimation, and you just never know about those personal preferences, I find that operating the foamgun that way *vastly* eases the whole business of "wash medium in one hand, foamgun spraying at point-of-contact in the other". Just having your hand/wrist somewhat parallel to the foamgun/hose rather than perpendicular to it makes a huge diff for me, but hey...YMMV.
    could you provide a pic of this setup?

Post Thanks / Like

briarpatch- Sorry, but no...I don`t do the Digital Imaging thing. Another of my quirks I guess, but as with Social Media, I just don`t post images to the internet.

I`m trying to ascertain whether I`ve forgotten anything about how I hook those up...don`t think so. Went out and checked:

Male Hose End -> Plastic Full-flow Shutoff -> Brass Female -> Brass Male (screwed into foamgun in place of original pistol-grip)

The plastic shutoff doesn`t really *NEED* to be a full-flow one, but IME the added water flow does help a bit. Buy a shutoff that you can imagine easily operating with your thumb; some are easier/harder to manipulate that others. I`m using ones from Gilmour that have a nice, wide/broad operating piece that`s really easy to use.

You need the brass Quick-Connects not just to make it easy to attach/detach the foamgun, but also to allow it to swivel a little so it doesn`t bind up with the normal motions of its use. DO NOT buy the brass fittings with the big plastic rings on them (which are there to provide easier disconnection) as it`s just too easy to accidentally detach/launch the foamgun. I`ve settled on the ones sold by Griot`s...don`t know just who makes them or where you could find `em cheaper, but they work *very* well for a long time and are compatible with almost all of my other brass hose fittings, even the really old ones (which I can`t say about every brand I`ve tried).

Post Thanks / Like

The results are in - I`ve been using my G TORQ foam blaster 6 (foam gun) as part of my car washing ritual and think it`s awesome. Unlike Accumulator, I like the spray nozzle. It offers adjustable water flow based on how much you depress the handle.

My ritual is
    Wash wheels
    Rinse the car to remove any heavy dirt.
    Foam with foam blaster
    Let the foam dwell
    Then proceed with 2 bucket wash
    Rinse
    Dry car and wheels

The foam gun offers soapy lubrication over the entire car BEFORE running my incredipad over the car - lessening the chance of scratching the paint during routine washing.

This is much easier than hauling out my PW. The only down side is I use about 2-3 oz of additional soap; a trade off I`m willing to take

Foaming pleasure

IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?-hw83hrr-x2.jpg

IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?-w2mqhrx-x2.jpg

IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?-pcwczcc-x2.jpg

Here is how she looks after 4 mins to dwell on the paint...
    IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?-5qtmbb2-x2.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes SWETM, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IXLRS- Glad you`ve already figured out what works for you, that didn`t take long at all!
    Likes IXLRS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Bump. Sorta on a plateau for detailing supplies - eh. Maybe looking to get something new just to get my fix on. Anyone else using the IK`s in your routine ?

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out DBreezy`s last post as he was the one that originally brought this to my radar.
    Hope he is okay. Looks like he last posted right after Harvey struck

Off topic. I hate TRC site since their redesign. It was much easier browsing their website store on the *old site*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I hate TRC site since their redesign. It was much easier browsing their website store on the *old site*.
    Eh, I agree...just went there after you posted that and..sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRC site. It`s odd as since I find it hard to ~navigate~, it`s also harder for me to spend my money there.....if TRC comes cross this thread.

Been scratching my head on the IK foam sprayer Thinking about what I have and what I would use it for. Nothing strikes me as something I have a immediate need for. Eh, help me spend my money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Been scratching my head on the IK foam sprayer Thinking about what I have and what I would use it for. Nothing strikes me as something I have a immediate need for. Eh, help me spend my money
    I`m good at helping people spend their money, but yeah...I feel the same way about `em.

Post Thanks / Like

well, I bought it. Spent no more than 5 minutes from unboxing to boxing it back up. Did not even bother filling it up and giving it a test drive. Double the price of a comparable sprayer, and build quality was less than a $60 equiv. sprayer......

I don`t mind paying the German tax when the build reciprocates. Well, that`s my take on the IK 9

Post Thanks / Like

Aw gee, too bad you have to hassle around with it, but thanks for the info anyhow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information