Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?

I’m looking into picking up an alternative pre wash foamer for my Macan. I have a foam lance and PW but for maintainance washing it’s less than convenient to set up and I have PPF on parts of my car and have to be extra careful not to lift the film from pressure.

Im looking at either the IX 9 sprayer or an Adams or CG TORQ foam blaster 6.

Which gives better pre wash foam - the foam sprayer or the foam gun?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IK 9 Foam Sprayer vs Foam Gun?

Can`t comment on the pump sprayer but a foam gun is pretty good. Nowhere near the foam of a foam canon but just enough to lay down some soap onto the paint and to make washing a bit more fun.

I use one of these from time to time.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blac...l#.WpGyjueQyUk

You may enjoy this write up.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html

One thing to note is that you will have to play around with soap dilutions to find the right amount that you like to use.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes IXLRS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While I`d never wash without a Foamgun (i.e., the "Foamaster" type sold under various brand names), I find it of minimal value with regard to presoaking. All it does is lay down a little sudsy lubricity to you`re not "scrubbing an unlubricated surface". Heh heh, I know there are some people who do find them useful in that regard, but the how/why of it escapes me as it just never really contributed anything functional for me. Guess it`s another of those YMMV things, but I`d just rinse it off with a pressure washer and then spray the foamgun output/foam from foam cannon (if that`s your thing) on there to prep the surface for touching....*not* to preclean the surface (the pressure washer does that fine with just water IME).
    Likes IXLRS, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a guy with a youtube channel that has one and his review is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOyAURV11Yc
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009
    Likes IXLRS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

My plan is to first do a pre soak with a sprayer or foam gun, let settle for 5 min`s - then a firm rinse with a hose. This will remove the bigger dirt pc`s with some lubrication right of the bat.
    THEN
    Traditional 2 bucket wash. The last step in the wash is washing the lower panels and bumpers using a separate wash mitt.
    Rinse
    Dry

May be a bit over-kill but I have allot of soap I need to use up!
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Among my items I have collected I got the sprayer after watching video from apex detail on you tube. My care is coated and with this the foamer it seems to stay on the car longer. On my XT5 I get one side done on pumping sprayer to pressure also foam is thicker because of the orange nozzle that comes with it. Sprayer comes with 4.

Griots has a 60 ounce foamer and with current sale on autopoia you can get a good deal,

Check rag company and do search on internet for price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IXLRS View Post
    Thanks guys!

My plan is to first do a pre soak with a sprayer or foam gun, let settle for 5 min`s - then a firm rinse with a hose. This will remove the bigger dirt pc`s with some lubrication right of the bat.
    THEN
    Traditional 2 bucket wash. The last step in the wash is washing the lower panels and bumpers using a separate wash mitt.
    Rinse
    Dry

May be a bit over-kill but I have allot of soap I need to use up!
    I will never use up all the soap I have now

Post Thanks / Like

I have the foam gun The Guz posted for a while now, about 7 years? It`s finally at the point of being worn and very leaky, but has served its purpose. I will say after a while you will be wanting more though. If you have a pressure washer I would recommend a foam lance. I venture to say you get 3-4 times the foam production. I use the soap along with a little bit of Bug Squash from Poorboy`s for an excellent pre-soak. There are several on the market, and even one through the Autopia store, but there`s several that can be had for under $20 (I will not link or mention due to forum rules) that are of the same quality as the expensive ones. Never had any issues with my hose end foam gun, but with a heavy duty hose it got real cumbersome after a while.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I (and just recently Bill D) have had the hose-end foamguns go inop. Seems like *such* a simple device...orifices clear, siphon tube clear, screen OK or gone...check, check, and check...still inop...Eh, I just got some new ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I (and just recently Bill D) have had the hose-end foamguns go inop. Seems like *such* a simple device...orifices clear, siphon tube clear, screen OK or gone...check, check, and check...still inop...Eh, I just got some new ones.
    Might depend on your water situation. It`s seems mine has built up scale from over they years. I guess you could tear it apart, but like I said before I`ve upgraded.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Some guy posted this on one of the FB detailing groups.

iK sprayer to foam and one to rinse. Hope the video shows.

https://www.facebook.com/SuccessAuto...3894654073959/
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IXLRS View Post
    I’m looking into picking up an alternative pre wash foamer for my Macan. I have a foam lance and PW but for maintainance washing it’s less than convenient to set up and I have PPF on parts of my car and have to be extra careful not to lift the film from pressure.

Im looking at either the IX 9 sprayer or an Adams or CG TORQ foam blaster 6.

Which gives better pre wash foam - the foam sprayer or the foam gun?

thanks!
    I find pulling the pressure washer out and putting it away a bit of a chore if I don`t have much time. The hose powered foam guns work well. I also bought the I9 sprayer and it works great and makes great foam, but takes me 55 pumps to get the pressure built up. I`ve never been able to prove to myself that pre-foaming does much. So if I`m hose washing, I don`t use a bucket at all, I hold the hose foam gun in one hand and use a rinseless wash mitt that rinses clean easily in the other. I will occasionally squeeze some extra wash on the mitt directly. I blast the mitt to clean it continuously. So I foam my wheels, I foam my engine, and I foam my paint (all with car soap) but think it only helps a little bit. A pre-spray with a pressure washer with just water takes off a lot more dirt than a pre-foam in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight I ordered the CG TORQ foam blaster 6. For $37 on sale I can’t pass it up. Will use primary as a lubricant pre wash without hauling out my PW. I think I’ll leave soap and foam on my car then do my bucket wash. May foam then wash then rinse in sections vs whole car depending on temp and how much soap I use. If the bottle lasts long enough I’ll do a rinse - foam - wait 5 mins - rinse - foam - rinse - bucket wash - rinse- dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    Might depend on your water situation. It`s seems mine has built up scale from over they years. I guess you could tear it apart, but like I said before I`ve upgraded.
    That`s the weird thing...good water quality, complete disassembly/inspection...nothing apparently wrong..never works right any more. I do check all the orifices/etc. regularly, running a wire through `em to make sure no scale/etc. ever builds up to cause issues...it oughta be *obvious* but I`m not getting it.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like most put their pressure washers away/get `em out, that`d probably drive me nuts after a while. I just leave mine in the wash bay all the time. But then I don`t always coil up all my hoses every time either.

Quote Originally Posted by gspam View Post
    .. if I`m hose washing, I don`t use a bucket at all, I hold the hose foam gun in one hand and use a rinseless wash mitt that rinses clean easily in the other...
    I can sometimes get away with that using the foamgun with a BHB, but the foamgun is spraying every second. My mitts never shed contamination well enough for that, well...not like the BHBs.

A pre-spray with a pressure washer with just water takes off a lot more dirt than a pre-foam in my experience.
    Same experience here. Almost always leaves the vehicle looking like a non-Autopian`s version of a "clean car" before I even start actually washing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information