Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car wash

Post Thanks / Like

Car wash

Good morning Autopia !

What’s everyone using these days?

I’ve been from the most expensive polish angel wash to the most economical optimum car wash and I don’t see much difference in how clean the car gets or does not get. Am I wrong?

The Poorboys super slick and suds was my staple for a Ling tine.

I saw the optimum car wash for 29 bucks this weekend on Autopia less the coupon so I grabbed another gallon. After I purchased it I thought perhaps I should check in as see if there is anything new. A gallon lasts me a while now that’s is getting colder.

I over use the wash to keep it super slick.

What’s née is wash if anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car wash

The Meguiar`s Hyper Wash seems to have gained quite a bit of attention over the past year given its effectiveness and cost/gallon.

So many good products out there in this category. The Poorboy`s SS&W is great, too. I need to get more of that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3D Pink Soap in the foam gun. It cleans great!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes driggett, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WAX SHOP Cherry snow foam.. In the buckets and foam gun.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/wax-...l#.X42bfRKSnIU
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I still use and love Meguiars Hyper Wash and CarPro Reset. Hyper Wash is my normal weekly wash and Reset is my Once a month. Price not being an issue Reset would most likely be my go to.

The P&S Pearl Auto Shampoo is also nice for the price. I have heard the Rag Co. suggest you can use this as a rinse-less as well but I wouldn`t suggest it.

Post Thanks / Like

JSF35X: (How did you come up with that log-in ID??!!)
    You are correct: there are a lot of request for and questions about the "Holy Grail" for a car wash soap.

I myself use Meg`s Detailer Line D110 Hyper Wash after seeing it being used by Autopian All-Star Rasky1 in many of his details. This car wash soap offers long-lasting foam/suds, great lubricity, good cleaning, and rinses clean with my semi-hard Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water supply.

I have tried your fore-mentioned Optimum Car Wash Soap, but it did not rinse clean with the semi-hard water for me, so I looked for something else.
    Prior to that Meg`s Mirror Glaze M62 Shampoo & Conditioner Car Wash was the "Holy Grail" and my go-to car wash for my two-bucket method.
    If you are forced to wash in the sun, then McKee`s 37 SiO2 soap is the ONLY soap I know of from experiences and reviews in forum that works in that situation. See this thread by now-deceased highly-respected Ronkh:
    Ultimate TORTURE TEST !
    This soap is suppose to work well in hard-water also. See post #9 in above llinked thread

When talking about car wash soaps, there are so many types and car wash methods to consider:
    1) Traditional two-bucket wash
    2) Foaming lance with power washer or home water source (garden hose)
    3) Rinse-less wash
    4) Coating maintenance wash
    5) Pre-coating or any last-step product (LSP) prep wash

Each one has its own wash soap and which ever category or method you use will depend on which wash soap you find works best for that type.
    No, it is not an easy answer and I do not believe that there is "one-soap-fits-all" for vehicle washes.

Even as a hobbyist, I have:
    Megs D110 Hyper Wash for my 2BW
    Rain Dance Heavy Duty Truck Wash for really dirty 2BW
    Turtle Wax Max-Wash for added cleaning power in some 2BW
    Megs M62 Shampoo and Conditioner left over from previous 2BW
    Optimum No-Rinse for no-rinse washes or spot cleaning (bird-bombs)
    Value Gard Decon System samples that I have never used (sent to me as a "Thank You" from Valu-Gard for pointing out a BIG website pricing error)
    Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash for use with their one-step Ceramic Polish &-Wax and Ceramic Spray Coating because it is a "poor man`s" over-the-counter ceramic coating system (I used it Sunday, 19 October, in REALLY cold weather for the first time on wife`s Ruby Red Metallic 2015 Ford Taurus; meh!)

Chances are most serious detailers, both hobbyists and professionals, have multiple car wash soaps in their detailing arsenal for a specific wash tasks mentioned above

I am somewhat interested in 3D`s Nano-Pail Super Pre-Soak and Nano-Pail Super Soap for prep wash and regular wash, if any Autopians have tried these car wash soaps. If there Pink soap is popular and good, I thought these might be a step-up from that.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my currents. Just finished up a gallon of DG 901 (great soap BTW).

I have been using Meguiars Shampoo Plus with great success. It`s basically the detailer version of Gold Class. When this gallon is gone I will probably go back to trying Megs Hyper or 3D Pink.
    CarPro Reset once a month for coated cars
    Turtle Wax Max Wash for when things get dirty.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Aenso
    Likes tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I joined here I drove a 2008 m35x. My initials are JSF.

I have often though of changing it but propel kind of know me by it around here so I just left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    JSF35X: (How did you come up with that log-in ID??!!)
    You are correct: there are a lot of request for and questions about the "Holy Grail" for a car wash soap.

I myself use Meg`s Detailer Line D110 Hyper Wash after seeing it being used by Autopian All-Star Rasky1 in many of his details. This car wash soap offers long-lasting foam/suds, great lubricity, good cleaning, and rinses clean with my semi-hard Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water supply.

I have tried your fore-mentioned Optimum Car Wash Soap, but it did not rinse clean with the semi-hard water for me, so I looked for something else.
    Prior to that Meg`s Mirror Glaze M62 Shampoo & Conditioner Car Wash was the "Holy Grail" and my go-to car wash for my two-bucket method.
    If you are forced to wash in the sun, then McKee`s 37 SiO2 soap is the ONLY soap I know of from experiences and reviews in forum that works in that situation. See this thread by now-deceased highly-respected Ronkh:
    Ultimate TORTURE TEST !
    This soap is suppose to work well in hard-water also. See post #9 in above llinked thread

When talking about car wash soaps, there are so many types and car wash methods to consider:
    1) Traditional two-bucket wash
    2) Foaming lance with power washer or home water source (garden hose)
    3) Rinse-less wash
    4) Coating maintenance wash
    5) Pre-coating or any last-step product (LSP) prep wash

Each one has its own wash soap and which ever category or method you use will depend on which wash soap you find works best for that type.
    No, it is not an easy answer and I do not believe that there is "one-soap-fits-all" for vehicle washes.

Turtle Wax Max-Wash for added cleaning power in some 2BW
    Megs M62 Shampoo and Conditioner left over from previous 2BW
    Optimum No-Rinse for no-rinse washes or spot cleaning (bird-bombs)
    Value Gard Decon System samples that I have never used (sent to me as a "Thank You" from Valu-Gard for pointing out a BIG website pricing error)
    Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash for use with their one-step Ceramic Polish &-Wax and Ceramic Spray Coating because it is a "poor man`s" over-the-counter ceramic coating system (I used it Sunday, 19 October, in REALLY cold weather for the first time on wife`s Ruby Red Metallic 2015 Ford Taurus; meh!)

Chances are most serious detailers, both hobbyists and professionals, have multiple car wash soaps in their detailing arsenal for a specific wash tasks mentioned above

I am somewhat interested in 3D`s Nano-Pail Super Pre-Soak and Nano-Pail Super Soap for prep wash and regular wash, if any Autopians have tried these car wash soaps. If there Pink soap is popular and good, I thought these might be a step-up from that.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m an Optimum Car Wash user and have been very happy with it. I`ve used Poorboys SSS, Sonax, Megiuars Gold Class, and a few others over the years.

Optimum is my reigning favorite right now, but I can say nothing bad about the Poorboys and it would be my close second. I just think the Optimum rinses off a little easier and is less expensive. The other`s I just found to be underwhelming for one reason or another.

Right now I`ve got a gallon of Hyperwash ready to go when I`ve used up the Optimum. I`ve been reading great reviews of the product for years and thought I`d give it a shot.

I`ve also used/been impressed with CarPro`s Reset, but I don`t know if I`d put it in the same category as the others. Due to the price and nature of Reset, I see it as a periodic use product. I`ve only used a sample of it once, but I can see using it 1~2 washes on each of my coated cars in the spring to deep clean the salt/grime out of the coating.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I use 3D Pink Soap in the foam gun. It cleans great!
    3D Super Soap is on deck for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyper wash or griots foaming surface wash
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset, every wash. Very slippery, cleans very well, is good for my coated vehicles..
    Other soaps, just cleaned but left something on the coating that was never good..
    When I kept using Reset all the time, I have had no more of those issues..
    Dan F
    Likes tom p., CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    ...[for a long time]... Meg`s Mirror Glaze M62 Shampoo & Conditioner Car Wash was the "Holy Grail" and my go-to car wash for my two-bucket method.
    I`ll miss the scent of that stuff something awful if I ever do use up the last of mine, might even buy more though I question whether it`s really worth the price.

Turtle Wax Max-Wash for added cleaning power in some 2BW///
    Huh, always interested to hear when something from RainDance or TW meets with Autopian approval

..Value Gard Decon System samples that I have never used (sent to me as a "Thank You" from Valu-Gard for pointing out a BIG website pricing error)...
    OOOOH, I like the sound of sample sizes of ABC! And for free no less!

Chances are most serious detailers, both hobbyists and professionals, have multiple car wash soaps in their detailing arsenal for a specific wash tasks mentioned above...
    Guess it`s just because I only use conventional LSPs, but when it comes to conventional shampoos I just use the same stuff all the time (still Griot`s Car Wash + 3D Pink) although something that others would say "didn`t need washed at all" might get IUDJ for the final Wash step instead of for just the Drying Aid.

IF they are better than the Pink, I`d like to hear what that "better" means in this context...including whether they are conventional LSP-friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s Shampoo is my favorite right now. Optimum`s Car Wash is really good as well as CarPro Reset.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information