Post Thanks / Like

Coating for vinyl seats?

Figuring Gyeon Preserve but wondering if any products for vinyl that are more durable, i.e. `Leather Shield for vinyl.

Edit: Looks like CarPro has leather coating indicating use on vinyl; guess maybe that`s an option

CQuartz Leather & Vinyl Coating - 30ml
    Treat your interior to the same level of protection your paint receives!
    CQuartz Leather & Vinyl Coating is the ultimate in protection for both leather and vinyl surfaces throughout your vehicle! Our new high tech formula was created using only the highest quality ingredients available and offers a beautiful “better than new” finish with no added gloss! It was designed to provide an excellent combination of soft to the touch tactile feel, extreme protection, and unbelievable durability. CQuartz Leather & Vinyl was specifically developed to resist stains, dirt, jean dye transfer, and UV rays for years to come. Maintenance of your interior surfaces becomes as simple as wiping with a damp towel and walking away!

CQuartz Leather & Vinyl has been tested against a variety of chemicals and conditions including mud, grease, dye transfer, crayons, and even super glue and is proven to resist stains better than any traditional leather product. CQuartz Leather & Vinyl protects the existing materials with UV inhibitors integrated into the formula to provide the ultimate in UV protection as well. Protect your interior to the same degree you protect your paint with CQuartz Leather & Vinyl coating!

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating for vinyl seats?

Damn you’re good BudgetPlan1! (Asking AND answering your own questions Coating for vinyl seats?).

I’ve been watching Apex Details YouTube videos on the “QP-ON” coating products. I have no personal experience with them, but they could be a solution for coating vinyl seats.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do have some Gyeon Leather Shield left on the shelf; nothing ventured, nothing gained?
    EDIT: Just heard from Gyeon, Leather Shield should work fine

Looks like Pinnacle has a vinyl and leather nano coating as well. Looked at QP-ON and sounds possible but cant seem to find US place to buy. Raindrops I believe had at one time, but no more it appears.

Eh, not a big deal...
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK, at the risk of being a [jerk]...

Why coat vinyl as opposed to just cleaning it now and then. I haven`t had any vinyl go bad/have issues since forever (there was that dashtop in the `70 300H, but nothing else I can think of).

Post Thanks / Like

No worries...

For the most part, just to see how it works out in the worst of conditions. These are new field Technician vans at work for a pool service company; these guys are the absolute `worse case scenario` as far as how vehicles are used/treated. Grungy, chemical laden, not caring all that much about keeping things clean is how they hop into most vans each morning...it`s just more of an interesting laboratory experiment as opposed to how it would be used in a professional/personal setting.

I`ve got my own personal cars set, as well as other `vehicles that matter` for friends and family. The Fleet vehicles just gimme some extra entertainment at the end of the season to say "Wow, that stuff must really be good cuz it held up (or at least provided a benefit over nothing)" or "Boy, that sure is over-hyped..."

A side benefit is that if they start with a clean vehicle, *maybe* it`ll motivate them to keep vehicles nicer during their use.

It`s a neat way to test thing under worst-case conditions which, for some reason, entertains me. And I get to play with more stuff.

Most of the stuff I try on the fleet vehicles is `fire and forget`; apply it and then let it ride with no intervention from me from mid-March thru early November. I don`t wash these vans, either inside or out, until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    OK, at the risk of being a [jerk]...

Why coat vinyl as opposed to just cleaning it now and then. I haven`t had any vinyl go bad/have issues since forever (there was that dashtop in the `70 300H, but nothing else I can think of).
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- Ah, OK...NOW I get it! Makes perfect sense and I too would be approaching those Work Vans that way for those reasons
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Thread Information