Post Thanks / Like

Question Advice on new Jeep paint and latest products for silver...

I`ve ordered a new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in billet silver.
    Although I`m experienced with many, many products out there...things are ALWAYS changing. I`ve never owned a Jeep in the past, so I`m curious as to the best products to get everything started.
    Generally, I get a new vehicle and IronX and TarX it (decontaminate). Then I`ll use Polish Angel Master Final Polish II to get everything close to perfect. Then I use my LSP (which as been a variety of product depending on the best recommendation for the brand of paint...Jeep in this case). I`ve used carnauba, sealants, coatings...everything. Most recent coatings have been Kamikaze and Polish Angel products.

Anyhow...can anyone give me their opinion on the best LSP and maintenance products for SILVER JEEP paint. Time doesn`t matter to me, and I`ll do whatever it takes to have a pristine appearance as much as possible.
    Thanks for any assistance in getting on the right track.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on new Jeep paint and latest products for silver...

cobrar97- I`m gradually switching all our silver vehicles (which is 5/6 of the accumulation) to FK1000P. Surprisingly enough, given my complete and utter satisfaction with that, my wife`s A8 looks great too even though it only has OCW for its "real LSP" (I do think the IUDJ as a Drying Aid contributes a lot). But eventually all ours (well, Jag excepted ) will wear FK1000P unless/until I find something I like better, which would be one very tall order.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to say...that`s a product I`ve heard alot about over the years, but never have tried. I focused on sealants for quite some time before switching to coatings over the last 4-5 years. Honestly, I "enjoy" QD maintenace and sometimes products that allow for some re-application. Coatings don`t much allow for that; and I find myself wondering if it still looks like it did when the coating was first applied...wondering if a more common sealant or wax would be a better option.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had a lot of silver cars and tried a lot of stuff on them, I personally love Collinite 845 on silver, it seems to really make it pop. The only thing I like better was Zaino Z-2 but I had terrible waterspot issues with it. I`ve been trying out Megs UFF lately, and it seems like a winner too.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the Jeep SRT - the billet silver is metallic, right?

do you have any Polish Angel LSPs? Viking coat and cosmicv2 have the same amount of silica and titanium ... I find that Viking coat brings out more metallic flake than cosmic v2 however

Silica spray sealants also bring out a lot of silver flake in my experience so you could opt for one of those if you wanted

if you really want to go big... get PA to color match your silver for a version of cosmic v1 - it`s insanity and im sure would be great on your flake as well (for silver of course though)..the bottle will last 3 years once opened and 5 unopened - so if you get a new batched bottle then yo ucould do your vehicle twice

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click-brag-the-detailers-showcase/188821-metallic-black-coded-cosmic-don-mind.html?highlight=metallic+black+cosmic

also while I`m spending your money let`s get an exhaust and cold air intake on that SRT for when it comes in

Brandt K.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...the billet silver is metallic.
    I do have PA Viking and Cosmic both. I used Viking on my Daytona Gray Pearl Audi SQ5. I used Cosmic on my F150 in Blue Jeans.
    I have NOT tried the Cosmic that`s color matched...maybe that`s a thought. What`s the difference between Cosmic V1 and V2? Do you have thoughts on PA High Gloss as a maintenance product? I have Cosmic Spritz, but I`ve heard that High Gloss is better?

I like the low rumble and was thinking about the Borla S-Type versus the Atak that`s pretty "loud".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Yes...the billet silver is metallic.
    I do have PA Viking and Cosmic both. I used Viking on my Daytona Gray Pearl Audi SQ5. I used Cosmic on my F150 in Blue Jeans.
    I have NOT tried the Cosmic that`s color matched...maybe that`s a thought. What`s the difference between Cosmic V1 and V2? Do you have thoughts on PA High Gloss as a maintenance product? I have Cosmic Spritz, but I`ve heard that High Gloss is better?

I like the low rumble and was thinking about the Borla S-Type versus the Atak that`s pretty "loud".
    this is my understanding
    cosmic v1 + 5% silica and 10% ti = cosmic v2 (but cosmic has the 9h hardness if used with Primer spritz or primer polish)

cosmic v1 + 5% silica and 10% ti = Viking

if you ask me... and since you did ... I`d say they made cosmic v2 out of Viking by adding whatever it is that makes 9h hardness because the math adds up (to me at least) from what they post on their site

Cosmic spritz would be maintenance for the cosmic - it will increase hardness (from the silica in it) .... High Gloss is just a full on assault on shine - all TI from what I have gathered

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Doing it yourself then PolishAngel Cosmic v2 with the Primer. Having it done you will find nothing better on that color than Modesta BC04!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ... even though it only has OCW for its "real LSP" ....
    Accumulator, you ever try FK`s Pink Paste wax over Fk1000p? I`ve been wanting to try that out, but wont for at least a year.

But eventually all ours (well, Jag excepted ) will wear FK1000P unless/until I find something I like better, which would be one very tall order.
    I`m still in search of said product. I got 4 sealants I`m currently testing against the mighty FK.

To the OP. Haven`t done Jeep`s silver, and the only silver I`ve done was a Mitsu EVO 9 - Looked great after a once-over with Klasse AIO, topped with FK1000p.

Post Thanks / Like

Is FK1000P considered a "wax" or "sealant"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Is FK1000P considered a "wax" or "sealant"?
    Labeled as a wax, but considered a sealant. It`s a paste in a tin, much like a paste wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a wild one how about z2 with overcoat ? Best of looks with best of self cleaning on top wonder how that would pair up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have not test it my self yet. Got it by accident when I was ordering angelwax vision which is a glass cleaner I got angelwax ti-22 sealant instead. So got to keep ti-22 and they sended out the Vision. Did some digging on it to see what it was and the thoughts about it. Cause Angelwax is a really great wax company the ti-22 is made for a base layer to wax and even to seal in a wax layer. The thing I noticed is that it`s seems to be very chemical resistant lsp. And italian youtuber did a comparison whit cquk, miyabi, ism, and kamikaze liquid clearcoat and a few others to. They were applyied on there own. And I was very suprised that it came second after cquk in that test. Know for kamikaze coatings and the others this test was for washing with strong chemicals cleaners and not real life test. Apex detailing chanel has it as one of his favorites and have some review videos about ti-22. It`s based on titanium and don`t for sure know if it`s tio2. For some reason it`s not good on ppf and clearbras that you would have in mind. But maybe worth to test it out. I will do a little mini comparison with it when the wheather gets a little warmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Nah, I don`t top sealants with waxes period, and I sure wouldn`t top FK1000P as I don`t want to alter its (functional) characteristics...
    -FOLLOWED BY-

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus
    Leave it to you to make a darn good point!
    OTOH...heh heh heh, just when you think it`s safe to compliment my position ....I actually *can* imagine a situation where I`d do that- something like my Jag owned by somebody who does shows/etc.

The FK1000P would provide protection that hardly any other conventional LSP could equal...BUT it`d look utterly wrong for a serious concours car of that vintage. Topping it with the Pink/etc. would maybe make it look "correct". I`d probably want to redo the whole layered mix of LSPs pretty often, but it`d be better than getting etching from a bird-bomb, marring from trying to clean same off, or losing the show because the old lacquer looked like a new Lexus instead of what it oughta look like.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I don`t top sealants with waxes period, and I sure wouldn`t top FK1000P as I don`t want to alter its (functional) characteristics.
    Leave it to you to make a darn good point! And it`s those characteristics that I like about that product

Thread Information