Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking Best Matte-Finish Leather Protectant Coating for Red Leather Seats

I think the most important things are keeping the seats clean, and how one gets in and out of the car. I clean my seats several times a week. That`s is as quick as a damp mf wipe, To a full cleaning. I`ve never had to use anything harsh by keeping up on them. Seeking Best Matte-Finish Leather Protectant Coating for Red Leather Seats-img_0140.jpg eeping the dirt and oils off of it is I think the most important. Second, scooting as little as possible getting in and out of the seat. This picture is from my 03 sc430. I`ve always done the above. As far as protectants, I`ve used many different ones over the years on it. Never anything that I used weekly, maybe once a month. Try some and pick the one you like most.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I`ve taken the plunge. The Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield arrived today. I removed a rear seat headrest to test the product on the bottom of the headrest. The photos show the same headrest, and both are "after" shots. One is right after I applied and the other is an hour later. This is one drop smeared around. It took it almost an hour to disappear. I was really freaking out thinking it was gonna leave the leather all glossy forever, but when it dried, the places with the coating and without the coating are absolutely indistinguishable. (And no, the headrest didn`t turn orange, that is just the white balance on my camera not playing well with the lights in my house.)

I`m sold and will be applying to the entire interior.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job and choice. Hope you will rest easier about being all over this beautiful seats now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Cropsboy- Glad it worked out so well, and your experience was good info for the future. Heh heh, I can just imagine your concern when the diff took so long to go away...

Post Thanks / Like

I went between these 2 as well, read up on this forum between them and for my dark blue leather in my truck, I went with CarPro "Cquartz Leather Coating"--it went on easy and I got 2 coats on all the seats and the leather on the arm rest and center console as well! It def has a smell to it as you apply, but it all goes away within minutes and the interior looks great, same matt finish as I started with---

Would it be ok to wipe the seat with Meg interior detailer to clean it or just use warm water! I dont want to "take" off any of the protection---
    2018 F-150 "Limited"
    2008 BMW 335IX
    Likes Dustin Cropsboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seeking Best Matte-Finish Leather Protectant Coating for Red Leather Seats

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    I went between these 2 as well, read up on this forum between them and for my dark blue leather in my truck, I went with CarPro "Cquartz Leather Coating"--it went on easy and I got 2 coats on all the seats and the leather on the arm rest and center console as well! It def has a smell to it as you apply, but it all goes away within minutes and the interior looks great, same matt finish as I started with---

Would it be ok to wipe the seat with Meg interior detailer to clean it or just use warm water! I dont want to "take" off any of the protection---
    Perfectly fine to use Meguiar’s QID as a wipe down. It won’t strip the coating.

As a matter of fact I recently used CarPro Inside at 1:1 for light cleaning and that did not remove the coating even after a year on the seats.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information