Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recharge v Overcoat v VS1

Quote Originally Posted by Rblouin View Post
    Just wanted to add I plan to do a Reload and Recharge comparison within the next few weeks.
    Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you, always interested to hear other experiences to see how they parallel/skew.

Funny how some things work/are enjoyed by some, but totally opposite for others. All else being equal, kinda illustrates there is no BEST anything for everyone.

*cough*, Moonlight, *cough*
    Likes SWETM, Ronkh, Rblouin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what happened but walking by the van this morning, ran hand across hood and noticed a, uh...less than smooth feeling. Baggie test was indicates some tight, complete contamination over entire hood and upper fenders; the entire hood and upper fenders felt almost like spray glue had fallen upon it....very tight, total feel of grittiness, even Prime/Cancoat stripes. Roof and windshield was fine.

Anyway, quick rinseless with McKees 914 didn`t really improve anything with regards to feel, the entire hood, including CanCoat stripes, got something on it. Anyway, figrd what the heck and sprayed whole hood down with Gyeon Tar, let dwell then agitated a bit, then bucket washed hood with PB Super Slick and Suds. This brought back the smoothness to the CanCoat stripes but not the rest of hood. After drying, shot some water outta Kwazar Pump Sprayer, looks like everything beads well, but sheeting is somewhat diminished on all sections. Grabbed compressor hose, used to blow off hood...22ple and Kamikaze blew off much more completely and easily than the Recharge, say 33% more easily for a totally WAG at comparative measures.

This van spends much more time in warehouse during the day which has been quite busy with sawing, spraying and such since all the seasonal technicians and helpers got back 2 weeks ago...maybe something got on hood...dunno. Guess we`ll just see what happens going forward.

Could clay it using 22ple Fine Glasscoat clay but not sure if that will take off all of the toppers or not....open to suggestions.

Recharge:Recharge v Overcoat v VS1-hydro.jpg

Kamikaze:Recharge v Overcoat v VS1-kami.jpg

22ple:Recharge v Overcoat v VS1-22ple.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious...was the entire van covered in the contamination, or just the hood. Also wondering, does Gyeon Tar harm coatings? I never thought HSR would last as long as Kami OC, but I am pleased that 22PLE VS! FC is holding it`s own with Kami OC. I really like that 22PLE product as you know. I envisioned 22PLE VS1 FC as a poor man`s Kamikazi OC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Just curious...was the entire van covered in the contamination, or just the hood. Also wondering, does Gyeon Tar harm coatings? I never thought HSR would last as long as Kami OC, but I am pleased that 22PLE VS! FC is holding it`s own with Kami OC. I really like that 22PLE product as you know. I envisioned 22PLE VS1 FC as a poor man`s Kamikazi OC.
    Twas the hood and upper fenders that something seems to have settled on, came off of the Prime/CanCoat stripes and a bit of the hood with Gyeon Tar which is OK for coatings.

Used Gyeon Tar on the rare warm day in mid-february to see if it would revive the lower vertical panels if my car, remove 12k miles of winter grime. Restored those panels quite well which at first glance, were weak on beading and sheeting from all the salt, brine and chemical sprays they dump on the rods in winter.

I think we`ll get a better idea when I do the Ranger hood and roof with all the boisters i have, sitting on top of McKees coating. That truck will likely be outside 24/7, driven a lot.

This van is our Project Managers and 90% of the time sits in the warehouse when not driving him to and from home. Lotsa contaminants floating around warehouse last 2 weeks and he generally parks where a lot of sawing, grinding, painting and just general raising of dust occurs.

I`m usually messing with vehicles at the other end where the floors are painted, clean and uncluttered and very little activity.

They`ve been painting diving boards near the truck recently, usually pointing large fans at them to speed curing under the infrared heater. Dunno, but something got in it, it seems.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information