Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat question

Quote Originally Posted by Ferravette View Post
    Thank You. Just found it weird that they would put that on the bottle.
    Nice products but their instructions/verbiage sometimes get a little lost in translation. Quirky.
    Likes Ferravette liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    As for Overcoat, well, I`ve never come near seeing tru longevity as I`ve likely never made it past 2 or 3 weeks without re-application. Guess we`ll (begin) to see as later today gonne do a bare test hood with Overcoat, 22ple VS1 and the recently hyped HydroSilex Recharge.
    In your opinion, would you say the visual effect of Overcoat is more like the candygloss of Miyabi or the warm wax of ISM, or-- too minicule to tell?

If Cosmic Spritz outlasts Overcoat, I wonder which one "self cleans" better while it lasts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cropsboy View Post
    In your opinion, would you say the visual effect of Overcoat is more like the candygloss of Miyabi or the warm wax of ISM, or-- too minicule to tell?

If Cosmic Spritz outlasts Overcoat, I wonder which one "self cleans" better while it lasts?
    If I had to make a call on appearance it`s certainly not a candy look nor really a warm glow on it`s own. What it seems to do in my eyes is amplify and `clean up` the look of the surface it`s on...kinda gives it a more defined look if that makes any sense.

As for self cleaning, I would wager Overcoat is superior in that area, mostly because I can`t imagine anything being better than Overcoat in that respect.

Although the only experience I have with Polish Angel is with High Gloss spritz, I don`t believe PA stuff has the longevity or `toughness` of some other lines. I see it as a true `boutique` line, likely certainly not designed as something to make it thru a Northeastern winter. Dunno for sure, that`s just impression I get from reading others experiences with it.

Truth be told, if you lined up a few identical cars and topped them with leading boosters like Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3, 22ple Final Coat VS1, Gyeon Cure, IGL Premier and Kamikaze Overcoat I`d be hard pressed to tell the difference between them based on looks alone...*maybe* PA High Gloss would stand out a bit. If it rained on `em for an hour or so and then sat in the sun I`ll bet we could pick out the Overcoat. Just a theory though.
    Likes Dustin Cropsboy, glfnaz, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Dustin Cropsboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told, if you lined up a few identical cars and topped them with leading boosters like Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3, 22ple Final Coat VS1, Gyeon Cure, IGL Premier and Kamikaze Overcoat I`d be hard pressed to tell the difference between them based on looks alone...*maybe* PA High Gloss would stand out a bit. If it rained on `em for an hour or so and then sat in the sun I`ll bet we could pick out the Overcoat. Just a theory though.
    How do you suspect Kami OC would be identified? Less water spots? In terms of comparing the boosters, I tend to agree with you. They all look great, they are all fairly easy to apply. Longevity is a wild card, but hopefully your `hood test` will help identify a champion. Can`t wait for the next update on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    How do you suspect Kami OC would be identified? Less water spots? In terms of comparing the boosters, I tend to agree with you. They all look great, they are all fairly easy to apply. Longevity is a wild card, but hopefully your `hood test` will help identify a champion. Can`t wait for the next update on that one.
    Water spots, mostly, likely overall cleanliness as well. I happened to stop and look closely at the hood of our little blue Civic last night and had to get very close to see some faint outlines of water spots.

It`s still very much winter in NE Ohio and that car hasn`t been washed since the day we returned from BJ. In that time we`ve had 1 solid week of snow/slush every rush hour, a week of on and off snow and sleet and a week of rain...and it still looked remarkably good; there was certainly plain evidence of winter in the sides of the car.

Granted, even in winter with respect to horizontal surfaces that aren`t close to the road grime, the heavy rain we had last week helps clean it off but considering all that`s thrown at it since last wash/Overcoat it`s really quite nice.

I *think* it`s due to both the beading and sheeting of Overcoat. With beading after a rain in summer, sitting stationary in a sunny parking lot, the tiny beads just seem to shrink up and evaporate with little trace.

On my car, doing 70 miles a day on the 4 busiest, heavily salted and chemically treated roads in town, it`s not magical or anything...my black car looks horrible after weather periods like that. I did take the opportunity during one of the heavy rain days to leave my car outside all night to be heavily rained on. While certainly not clean the next morning by any means, it did look much better. I like rain in the winter!

On another, un-related note, seeing coated cars/trucks in the midst of a salt and chemically laden winter is kinda interesting. Most cars have white spots and chunks all over them but coated vehicles horizontal surfaces get thin, pinstripes of salt residue. My black hood kinda looks like a zebra. Little bit of hydrophobic or slushophobic behavior in action.
    Likes Dustin Cropsboy, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On another, un-related note, seeing coated cars/trucks in the midst of a salt and chemically laden winter is kinda interesting. Most cars have white spots and chunks all over them but coated vehicles horizontal surfaces get thin, pinstripes of salt residue. My black hood kinda looks like a zebra. Little bit of hydrophobic or slushophobic behavior in action.
    Can see some of the coating salt streaks on mirror and windshield pillar.
    Likes Dustin Cropsboy, MattPersman liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information