Thread: HydroFoam

Post Thanks / Like

HydroFoam

I`ve had a bottle of Hydrofoam that`s been sitting around for almost a year now. Figured a winter topper wash was perfect fit for it for me to use it up. Granted I probably did not use the exact recommended dilution rate and I did add a splash of Reset to the bucket. Maybe the reset was too strong and messed up the sio2 portion . Eh, Bad Chemistry

Anyhow, post rinse, I did not notice the night/day difference in beading you get like with fresh applied/rinsed Hydr02.

For those familiar with HydroFoam, in what application do you use it...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HydroFoam

I either spray it onto the panel at the 1:8 dilution in a quart bottle, wipe with wash pad, then rinse with strong fan of water. Or pour a little bit undiluted onto the wash pad and wipe the panel, then rinse with strong fan of water. I do 1 panel at a time sometimes 2 panels at a time of they aren`t too big.
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM, Tyler Hoffarth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use it in a foam cannon at 1:9 or undiluted directly on a wash pad. Definitely don’t add Reset to the mix.
    Likes trashmanssd, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The HydroFoam I did not buy. Did not use it sofar as to me, if I`m doing the process IMO, it was more efficient in cleaning with Reset and then Hydro2 if I`m going through the motions you know. Cleaner and longer lasting

Hence, that`s why it`s been sitting around...
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I used it in a foam cannon and it worked ok but felt wasteful, also did as Dbailey said ( heard it on here as a suggestion from someone) 1:9 in a spray bottle and couple sprays per panel then wash then rinse. Either way it doesn`t clean real well and if the car is truly dirty I need to prewash with a real soap. I am with MobileD, its not saving anytime over real soap then Hydro2 if anything its taking longer as I have to agitate it where Hydo2 is just spray and rinse. Only benafit I have seen to the wash then rewash with Hydro wash was it did seem to apply the "hydro2" chemical more evenly, coverage wash perfect over the whole panel where as with hydro2 spray and rinse I do notice some time the edges and corners of the panels seem to bead a little less and less quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to look, but doesn`t Gyeon and or the likeness have similar product ? Anyhow, a product to me can`t be a jack of all trades, and master of none ya know. So soap for me, and lsp as LSP..
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bathe+ is a similar product. It won`t save you any time over using Reset and then Hydro2, but using the Hyrdofoam is more economical than the Hydro2. You go thru Hyrdo2 too fast. It is a pretty expensive LSP. I`d get more applications of Hydrofoam out of a bottle than a bottle of Hydro2 can

Post Thanks / Like

in all fairness, alot of the hobby things...i don`t do a cost per application sorta deal. Pro`s will, just so they can do their math for revenue....
    If I looked at how much I was spending for this or that, half of my hobbies would probably not be hobbies no more ;-/

Professional Detailer Tyler Hoffarth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I found using it 1:8 as previously mentioned in a bottle and applying it in a similar fashion to Hydro2 actually works great.
    It`s a cheap alternative to Hydro2, though using it this way isn`t what it was meant for. I`ve just had good luck using it this way.
    Owner of Unleashed Auto Care
    www.unleashedautocare.com

Proudly Serving Automotive Enthusiasts Across Saskatchewan

Thread Information