Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need RW towel advice.

I have been using Micro Fiber Tech 360 GSM towels when I use the `bucket of towels` method. I get a new set every few years and demote the `old` ones to other duties. As others have said, they clean up well with a MF detergent. I got mine filthy cleaning my B-I-L`s GTO, but they looked fine after the wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve also been using Microfiber Techs, but the green 600 gsm ones. I tried TRC Eagles, but i thought the long nap was too "clingy". The eagles are good, but i dont think their the right towel for rinseless. They are nice for wax/sealant removal, and QD application. The Microfiber techs hold a good amount of solution, don`t cling, and have a nice soft silk border.
    For drying I`m loving my Gyeon silk dryers

Post Thanks / Like

For the people that use laundry detergent you have to try persil. Another member quite a while ago raved about it removing stains from his towels. I finally broke down and bought some to try, It worked as he said, if the gunk is severe I had to pour some on that part, rub it in and let it sit for a while then wash. I personally think it works better than microfiber detergent at removing the stuff you do not think will ever come out.

Dave
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

davidc- IIRC it was Tom P. who liked the Persil. Yeah, that one slipped my mind; oughta try it some time as it`s cheaper than MF-detergents even if it is a bit pricey for regular stuff.

mc2hill and Britsdaddy brought up some good points:
    (with a nod to personal preference...)

- Different types/lengths of nap can matter to some folks
    - Some of us believe that for this application a towel can easily be "too much" in the sense of GSM

I`m kinda intrigued by the ones in the ~360gsm range...almost bought some of the 303-branded ones last time I saw them on sale. Eh, I`m gonna think this to death

Post Thanks / Like

The personal preference part......maybe that`s why I have totes full of all kinds of towels. You find things you like and dont like.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what size you would prefer but TRC has a sale going on right now for both Creatures and Eagle Edgeless..$20 for 10 on creatures, $30 for 10 on Eagles. If price was your only contention TRC.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both the Minx and the creatures. They are nice towels as a pair. Minx is very soft, plush and does not snag on hands. I use these for the rinse-less.
    The creature has "hooks" where it snags on hands when you rub them. Opposite of the Minx. I use the creatures to dry, buff and remove waxes. Good all round towel. It lints
    a little where as the Minx lints a lot. But if you use the Minx as rinse-less towel, lint is not an issue.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Shiney`s Detail has 550 GSM towels in 5 packs for $14.95. Great towels for drying, removing waxes and polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem solved. I was able to pick up 10 14x14 eagles on closeout. I have some Mynx as well so 15 towels is a good start.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s 2018. I`m still living under a rock....don`t have the cajones and just don`t like RWW. I need water and plenty of it !

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Eagles are the favorite running away. Just curious how they compare to Woobies, they look similar.
    Has anyone used both if so what are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    It`s 2018. I`m still living under a rock....don`t have the cajones and just don`t like RWW. I need water and plenty of it !
    Heh heh, nobody`s more water-centric about washing than I am, but I do find RW useful for some things. Just never as a first/only step.

Example- Open front door; gap behind the trailing edge of the front fender that leads into the front part of the doorjamb where the hinges are. No matter how well I clean/rinse that area, I always like to use the RW as a final step and inspecting the towel afterwards often reveals some dirt.

I`ll be washing Accumulatorette`s A8 in a little while, and I`ll pressure wash, foamgun/BHB, foamgun/mitt, and *then* RW using the GDWM. If it were summer/etc. and it was almost clean, I could maybe skip that foamgun/mitt step, which would be about as high-risk as my RW get.

Post Thanks / Like

lxjeremy- Thanks for the heads-up, the 14"x14" will suit me just fine and I would`ve missed that!

TMQ- Appreciate that feedback, even though I might go with the Creatures for non-critical RW use.

Shineys- Welcome to Autopia! Thanks for your heads-up too, you had slipped under my radar and some of your prices are nice. Note you might get spanked for vendor self-promo though If so, hope that doesn`t drive you away.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could be of help, great timing! They do sales like that fairly often so if you enjoy them enough just subscribe to the mailing list!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    You`re missing out big time!

McKee`s N-914 used as rinse-less is out of this world! Never seen anything that brings out the gloss and shine as the McKee`s rinse-less wash! It cuts dirt and exposes everything in paint--swirls and gloss too.
    It leaves nothing behind.

It cleans better than plenty of soap and water!

I did 8 muscle cars the past week for an open house yesterday using McKee`s rinse-less---And lordy, they gleamed like they were just waxed!

It is my all time fav wash now!! And it is a money maker as well.

Tom
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information