Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Traffic Film Remover - Not a consumer Item

Swetm -

Thanks for the feedback. Alot of the products mentioned are not available in the USA. I`ve followed amany of threads over at DW where said products are employed and then the HP rinsing followed u with a makeup applicator inspection to see how much residual dirt is picked up on the `white` swab test. For summer grade debris, yes, attainable in similar testing for me here stateside. Salt crust. No dice

For the conditions being discussed here, no product I`ve used will net as close, as I still need to use a mitt to get down to paint cleanliness. I`ve used AF Avalanch 3 or 4 times last year, and while it seemed better@removing initial cumulative road grime/film, it still required mechanical agitation in order to get clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Citrol, is the best tar, bug, water spot, etc remover I`ve used on a consumer level.

Post Thanks / Like

https://hydrochemsystems.com/touchle...ck-wash-soaps/ these guys have a bunch of touchless wash soaps for semi trucks

http://www.cleaningsystemsinc.com/wp...-PSS-UF215.pdf salt remover wash

Post Thanks / Like

Superior products sells professional car wash products to consumers too. You can buy them through them directly or o`reilly`s and napa. Bottles to barrels of their products. I have some of their products on my shelf. One of the best parts is , they are a true USA company.
    All Products - Page 1 - Superior Products

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator must have some special juju water. So today, double dwell with AF Avalanch.
    Dry Car/AF Avalanch Dwell followed by a HP rinse. I did not get to do that long of a intended dwell as due to the moisture, salt/exothermic reaction was causing it to dry on the panel. I literally saw steam coming off the panels

Most of the grit/sand/gunk came out just short of the film. Black paint went from silver to now Charcoal Gray. My foam lance, I usually get about 1/3 use of the bottle for each coating, so I decided to do another AF Avalanch dwell/rinse (as I was not intending to clean it with a mitt today).

No change in more film being removed. Some spots still remain that are more white than charcoal...

At least most of the gunk is washed off, and with the pending rain, it will rinse clean off the driveway.
    Glad I did the initial HP rinse today as there was chunks of sand/salt/stuff that came off underneath the chassis
    Ahhh, the benefits living above the snowbelt line.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if/how my softened (uh-oh, sodium ions!) water *does* factor in? Guess "not much" since I finish up with deionized anyhow...that degree of exothermic reaction is something I`ve *not* experienced, but yeah it does flash off faster before I get all that [stuff] off of there.

Post Thanks / Like

Signs of getting older

The older sensible part of me is saying I`ve got the cleanest rides on the block right now, with the underchassis desalted/desanded and the minute I take it out onto blacktop, it will just be as dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Signs of getting older
    I`ve heard about that aging thing...no thanks

The older sensible part of me is saying I`ve got the cleanest rides on the block right now, with the underchassis desalted/desanded and the minute I take it out onto blacktop, it will just be as dirty.
    Wel, I bet it won`t really be *just as dirty*, and good on ya for getting some of that [stuff] off the undercarriage.
    Likes mobiledynamics liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

eh, maybe the european stuff I`ve ordered only works with european H20.....

I`ve watched the pics and vids on DW forum. These guys literally can take a white makeup applicator and it`s amazing how clean their post test results look ...

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the links on the truck wash guys. I`ve briefly looked at those, figuring they were high alkaline washes, etc. It`s the detailer OCD in me that requires homework on reading up on them, does the manf. recommend a neutralizing wash afterwards, etc, etc. And or can even get them in gallon jugs and not a 50 gallon drum delivered on a semi ;-)

Those touchless washes, aka, it`s a chemical wash after followed by HP jets. Hell, I tried the 15 degree tip shooting at a 45 angle, just because today....

Post Thanks / Like

I did take a couple of pictures to compare what a prewash with does for me before I wash with 2bm. The prewash is lsp safe and is made with specs for a domestic company here in Sweden. The second product I use is a tar degreaser you can use on wet surfeces and are made in Sweden also. This degrade the lsp a little and are only used to the lower side panels and the back of the car. A ceramic coating does it not effect the longevity of. The phone camera can has switch the setting between some photos as it was set on auto. But I think you can get to see the difference of the dirt that gets of in the steps.

The right side of the car I first rinsed of with a 45° nozzle tip with PW. First pic is before the rinse and the second after.

Then foamed the car and let it dwell for 5-7min and used the water pressure from the PW to clean.

This pic the tar degreaser has dwelled for 5min and clean rinsed to the right. You can see a small difference to the front wheel on the right but the big tar spot on the middle of the pic is loosen up. I got the tar of 3 weeks earlier.

And the last pic before I do the wash with 2bm. The dark came fast so sorry no after pictures.

Now to the left side of the car. Foamed it to dry paint and let it dwell for 5-7min and clean rinsed it of. This is the way I do it since it`s just as effective as a pre rinse and then foam.

Hope you can see a little why I use a prewash method before touching the paint. If I only used to the prewash foam it could been a quick wash. But if I used the tar degreaser and not been doing a 2bm wash I would had to foam on a car soap and rinse it of to be neutralise the tar degreaser and be certain to get it fully of. I think that the tar degreaser is based on mineral spirits and that you don`t want to be on the car for to long.

I will look if I can find a sds document and take a screenshot for you so you can see what is in them.

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a miracle!
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Purple Power Heavy Duty Vehicle and Boat Pressure Wash Concentrate works for me, not super sudsy but cleans pretty well (does not strip tar, it will strip LSP if not careful) and is super cheap. Out of the bottle it has a pH rating of 10 is about $9 a gallon at Walmart. If I find that my foaming mixture isn`t cleaning like I want it do, I just add some more to the foam cannon because it costs me roughly $0.08/oz.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh....its all coming back to me. I did say I don`t remember winter washing. It`s like I mentally block it every year.

As a benchmark on HP Rinse and what remains, the easy baseline would be even the glass. It`s still cloudy even after 2 HP thorough rinses.
    A quick wipe with the wipers and all good. That mechanical agitation is what I`m trying to avoid, if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on this thread I purchased a 5 gallon container of Valugard Progard Truck Wash (the smallest size you could purchase). It was $163 with shipping - I`m happy to ship a gallon to those who are interested - $32 shipped - shoot me a PM. I`ll never use all 5 gallons of this on my 2 winter cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information