Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Last Cut Compounding Glaze

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    It`s FANTASTIC on rotary. It`s lubricating oils make using TLC run incredibly cool when paired with a lambswool or Foamed Wool buffing pads. I just used it today on my Dewalt 849x and the Lake Country 6" Lambswool cutting pads. Let us know what your experience is. TLC has the ease of use of a finishing polish like HD Polish+ except it cuts like a heavy compound. It`s really remarkable how versatile it is.
    I missed the part about the rotary in your first post. Looking forward to trying it. With foam FCC is probably my most used compound and I do like that. The HD Cut+ with my rotary. It will be great if this product can replace both of those, or better yet allow me to narrow down my compounds to two or three. Looking forward to trying it. I didn`t see a 32 oz bottle, I`ll have to look again.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched a video of a detailer here in Dallas testing it against Jescar. What a joke, only used it on one type of paint, using one machine, and only one type of pad and he comes to the conclusion that Jescar is a better compound?? Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Just watched a video of a detailer here in Dallas testing it against Jescar. What a joke, only used it on one type of paint, using one machine, and only one type of pad and he comes to the conclusion that Jescar is a better compound?? Wow
    Yeah, he`s allowed to have his own opinions but I use both compounds and TLC cuts more, finishes better, doesn`t leave behind nearly as many oils on the paint as jescar. They both work well on rotary but TLC works better on DA`s and long-throw polishers IMO.

Some of the reasons he said Jescar was better were
    1. The lubrication oils were more "pristine".
    -I honestly don`t understand how he possibly came to this conclusion. The lubricating oils in TLC are unlike anything I`ve personally used. They work well on virtually every type of paint that I`ve used it on which includes single stage lacquer, enamel, soft sticky japanese clear and hard as rocks german clears.
    2. Because TLC smells great and isn`t white like jescar TLC it`s not really meant for professionals
    -Plenty of compounds Scott uses, like Fast Correcting Cream smell great. Companies like Griot`s and 3D HD have proven that polishes and compounds can smell good and perform at the same level as other "professional" compounds.
    3. TLC stains pads
    -TLC is known for being incredibly easy to remove from pads and for many of us has actually extended the life of our pads.

Honestly, I think Scott would have a completely different outlook if he was one of the first guys to review or praise TLC. I like him and watch his videos but I think he was pretty far off base in that review.

If you`re interested in a fair unbiased review from one of the best detailing related channels on youtube then check out Sandro from Car Craft Auto Detailing in Melbourne Australia. Here`s his review.... https://youtu.be/zbSloKMhmhM
    Likes SWETM, Mp0wer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It works great, easy on and off, good working time and gives a wide range of cut/finish depending on pads and tools used.

Been using it a good deal since it came out but I must say that my last attempt at buying a gallon was $200 with shipping. It ain`t that good.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Have anyone test to switch pad under a set when useing TLC? For example start with a foam wool pad and do 2-3 passes and switch to a rupes yellow foam pad and work thrue the set. I have seen more and more testing this. And you don`t need to switch pad you can go from a rotary polisher to a da polisher. If you have pad conditioner or since TLC is so well lubricated you might not need to do that. The thought about it as think you understand is to take advantage of the cutting ability with a coarse cutting pad and to finish best way possible use a light polish pad or a finishing pad. I think it`s hard part is to dial in the process and know when to switch. But with some testing and experience you might get even more out of TLC. I have tac system ultra Refinish which claims to cut up to p600 and finish down to p12000. Will be doing some testing with this when winter is over. The one step compounds is often more expensive than others.

How is TLC compared to Scholl s20 Black ss and s2 Black ss? I don`t know if Scholl s1 has reached the US yet but there is one step compound which have a very high cut. And is used on rock hard clearcoats and very bad medium hard clearcoats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have anyone test to switch pad under a set when useing TLC? For example start with a foam wool pad and do 2-3 passes and switch to a rupes yellow foam pad and work thrue the set. I have seen more and more testing this. And you don`t need to switch pad you can go from a rotary polisher to a da polisher. If you have pad conditioner or since TLC is so well lubricated you might not need to do that. The thought about it as think you understand is to take advantage of the cutting ability with a coarse cutting pad and to finish best way possible use a light polish pad or a finishing pad. I think it`s hard part is to dial in the process and know when to switch. But with some testing and experience you might get even more out of TLC. I have tac system ultra Refinish which claims to cut up to p600 and finish down to p12000. Will be doing some testing with this when winter is over. The one step compounds is often more expensive than others.

How is TLC compared to Scholl s20 Black ss and s2 Black ss? I don`t know if Scholl s1 has reached the US yet but there is one step compound which have a very high cut. And is used on rock hard clearcoats and very bad medium hard clearcoats.
    TLC on cutting disc, wiped off

Then TLC on rupes yellow

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes JustJesus, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brandt !
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

np sorry about the sideways pics...tapatalk does not like my note8 sometimes or maybe the pic was too large (it has two wide shot modes)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    TLC on cutting disc, wiped off

Then TLC on rupes yellow

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Have you done some testing with switch pads midway thrue a set?

Impresive finish for a compound!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have you done some testing with switch pads midway thrue a set?

Impresive finish for a compound!
    In my experience the compound breaks down differently in stages so I just let it run its cycle on each pad separately. I have tried swapping to the yellow pad halfway through but I got about half of the result I was looking for and ended up spending double the time because I had to do it again.

But then again most of the time I`m not looking for the fastest finish. I`m looking for the best shine.

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    But then again most of the time I`m not looking for the fastest finish. I`m looking for the best shine.
    Niiiiice!

and np on sideways pics.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I`m using it for a two step I like using TLC with the Rotary and the LC Lambswool Cutting pad then finishing with TLC on the Rupes 15 mk2 and a yellow uro-tec pad. I`d say it cuts a little bit more than Jescar Correction Compound but finishes just as well.

TLC easily cuts more than S20 Black and S3 Gold XXL. CarproUSA is the only distributor of Scholl Concepts in the USA which is unfortunate because they manufacture some of the best user friendly abrasives I`ve used. Hopefully CarproUSA will carry S1 and the entire Equifix line soon.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Scholl s2 Black ss is much like s3 Gold XXL but has a 30% more cut ability. Ecofix system seems to be for pro detailers most as the price is good on both polishes and pads. And a rather straight forward line if compared to Scholl abrafix. Seems like it`s the Norwegian distributor that made the request with specs to Scholl to make s1. Be cause when google it and looking for it it seems like you only can get hold of it in Norway and Sweden. With a da longthrow polisher and a white spiderpad and s1. You would easy buff out p1000-p1500 sanding marks after orangepeel removal with 1 set. Needed to do a finishing polish thou. They don`t recommend to use a rotary polisher to the cutting ability it has and even to be casious with a da on corners and edges.

I`m to unexperinced to use it I think and don`t have any car I take care of with that hard of clearcoat. I have s3 Gold XXL and if it`s not going to be enough cutting I would look at s2 Black. Have a small bottle 250ml of tac system ultra refinish to play around with so maybe don`t need s2 if it`s going to be great. So s1 looks to be a heavy compound and s2 a one step compound on hard paints.

I hope that TLC will reach Scandinavia then I would definitely try it. It`s seems to be the most versitale one step compound out there.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information