Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

New shampoo advice

Just need some advice I can`t decide on which wash to pick up. I`m leaning toward PB Super Slick and Suds or Optimum car wash.
    I finished up my Meg`s Hyper Wash but it only comes in gallons and I love it but have no use for a gallon especially at 400:1. I gave quite a bit of it away. It`s time to move on as much as I love it.
    I`m looking for mait wash. Lots of suds, slick, rinses clean. No gloss enhancers needed. I need it in smaller then a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New shampoo advice

Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    Just need some advice I can`t decide on which wash to pick up. I`m leaning toward PB Super Slick and Suds or Optimum car wash.
    I finished up my Meg`s Hyper Wash but it only comes in gallons and I love it but have no use for a gallon especially at 400:1. I gave quite a bit of it away. It`s time to move on as much as I love it.
    I`m looking for mait wash. Lots of suds, slick, rinses clean. No gloss enhancers needed. I need it in smaller then a gallon.

Both are very good choices, they seem to be forum favorites. I really like Optimum and have primarily used it. However, my next gallon will most likely be 3D Pink because I can get it on prime for less than $20/gal with free shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum and HW are my two favorites. I just got some Bilt Hamber Auto Wash and that is crazy on the dilution ratio. I mixed it at 8 ml (.27 ounces!) to 4 gallons. I only tried BH once and the weather went all snowy and cold on me. I really like the BH but sourcing it will be difficult.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a fan of carpro reset because of the slickness when washing so it`s well lubricated. I don`t know if you can get hold of carchem luxury schampo in the US. It`s a high ratio schampo of 1:1900 and a small bottle goes a long way. Also free from wax and glossenhancer which I like. Depending on your lsp you can by a sio2 car schampo also to wash with every 3-4 wash. If you don`t mind a little polycharger in the schampo Ultima paint guard wash is a great lubricated and good cleaning car schampo. The next schampo I will test is gyeon bathe essence that is gyeons reset schampo for ceramic coatings and does not leave anything behind and is made for cleaning coated cars to revive the water behavior the coating has. Or gyeon bathe maybe works also but since I can get hold of bathe essence that is next in line. High ratio schampo also that 400ml bottle gets around 80 washes with bathe essence.

Post Thanks / Like

Pb sss
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes nickclark08, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the PoorBoys.

I have and use both. Both are excellent soaps and perform similarly.

However, one difference the Optimum separates and kind of marbleized in color when temps are around 40 degrees. The poorboys just thickens up a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for PB SSS here - plenty of suds, smells great, sun friendly, rinses clean.

Haven`t used the Optimum soap, but based on the reviews I`ve read, doesn`t sound like you could go wrong with either.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like hyperwash, why not just go with gold class. Its available everywhere and at <$7 for 64oz, is a bargain. Good soap, plenty slick, non offensive smell, great with hard water. I know its not the latest soap with nano elf pubes but whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If you like hyperwash, why not just go with gold class. Its available everywhere and at <$7 for 64oz, is a bargain. Good soap, plenty slick, non offensive smell, great with hard water. I know its not the latest soap with nano elf pubes but whatever.

With a splash of N-914 and BF Foam Booster, it can become the latest soap with nano elf pubes.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, surprised nobody`s suggested DuraGloss.

LEDetailing- How is the Bilt Hamber`s lubricity?

Dan- I`m surprised you think GC is OK...I found it decidedly mediocre with only so-so lubricity and cleaning. Even just using it up on wheels/wells/etc. the diff was dramatic when I finally used it up and resumed using up my M62 for that stuff. I *WISH* there were a locally available, inexpensive shampoo that I considered OK!

Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    I finished up my Meg`s Hyper Wash but it only comes in gallons and I love it but have no use for a gallon ... I need it in smaller then a gallon.
    Noting that yeah, I probably go through shampoo a lot faster than many, I`m curious why you want smaller quantities. I wish I could buy all my shampoos in 5 gallon buckets! Not like it ever goes bad...

I have zero idea how this will stack up with regard to suds (I basically don`t care about sudsing), but my vote goes to 3D Pink Car Soap. It is reasonably cheap, LSP-gentle, cleans very well, rinses easily, and leaves things with that "nothing left behind" look/feel.

Post Thanks / Like

3D PINK is very good.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator,

BH’s Auto Wash has very good lubricity. I’ve used it only once and it was about a month ago. For 1/4 oz of shampoo it was awesome. I cannot compare it to HW or Optimum as i don’t have enough “mitt time” with BH. I followed the directions and used warm water.

I bought some BH Auto Foam and BH Surfex but haven’t had a chance to use either. Their clay is too hard for my liking, I have to try softening it next time I use it. I sent you a PM with some info on Bilt Hamber products.

Bob
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- Thanks...I`ve only thought of them regarding their AutoBalm (think that`s the name), which I never did end up needing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    3D PINK is very good.
    This is good stuff!

It comes in a 16 ounce bottle, but you`ll blow through that in no time.

With a dilution ratio of 1 ounce to 1 gallon of water, you`ll get about 40+ washes from a gallon. It`s usually $15 or less during a sale!

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for the Optimum Car Wash.

Over the last year or so I`ve used Poorboys, Sonax, and I`m now working on a bottle of the Optimum. The Poorboys is very good and you won`t be disappointed if you go that route, but I actually like the Optimum a *little* better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information