Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon WetCoat Question

Anybody thought of layering WetCoat and any possible benefits? I think it is possible, but may produce marginal results over my first layer about a month ago. My car is going to the body shop tomorrow, final exams over the last week, and sub 50 degree temps today and rain tonight, FK1000p is out of the question. WetCoat is the only thing that I have believe will stick given my current atmospheric conditions, and also want to give the car a bit more protection before it goes and sits a couple of weeks unwashed.

What do you guys think, add a coat or don`t bother?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon WetCoat Question

I`m not sure there is any major benefit to layering WetCoat but it can`t hurt. I have applied it monthly on wheels and it helps to maintain those easy to wash characteristics.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Being a Gyeon certified installer, we have found that doing a quick "2nd coat" was beneficial. If you were to say do Wet Coat on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, you wouldn`t hurt anything you would just be keeping the top layer fresh so you would always have that crazy water behavior. On occasion we have had Wet Coat last longer than the said time too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Anybody thought of layering WetCoat and any possible benefits? I think it is possible, but may produce marginal results over my first layer about a month ago. My car is going to the body shop tomorrow, final exams over the last week, and sub 50 degree temps today and rain tonight, FK1000p is out of the question. WetCoat is the only thing that I have believe will stick given my current atmospheric conditions, and also want to give the car a bit more protection before it goes and sits a couple of weeks unwashed.

What do you guys think, add a coat or don`t bother?
    here`s how I look at it.. if youre going in for body work they will probably turn their rotary loose on your defenseless car so 10 layers of wet coat wont help you there
    just my experience with body shop not listening to me and compounding the pbl off of the other side of my car when they paintd a fender and quarter panel

"here you go sir, we know youre a detailer so we saved you some time and buffed it out for you" im sure my face was priceless

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Thread Information