Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer decision and advice

I was thinking about buying this pressure washer 1600 PSI Pressure Washer – Power Stroke. I was going to add a 50 ft hose. I was going to get Matt`s at Obsessed Gatage gun kit https://obsessed-garage.myshopify.co...-wand-solution. I was also going to get the quick connect kit. If you think I should buy a different pressure washer in this price range, let me know.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer decision and advice

I would get a pressure washer with a higher flow rate (gpm). I know the Sun Joe has ones that are higher rated. I had the Sun Joe SPX3000 with the OG gun but ended up upgrading to the Kranzle.
    Likes fly07sti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkusugoemu View Post
    I would get a pressure washer with a higher flow rate (gpm). I know the Sun Joe has ones that are higher rated. I had the Sun Joe SPX3000 with the OG gun but ended up upgrading to the Kranzle.
    I totally agree.

kajunman- I have a greenworks PW with a nice 50 foot hose and the Mosmatic handle, while it`s nice and does the job. It`s nothing compared to the Kranzle. Keep an eye out for a discount over Black Friday weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, watch for the Black Friday deals, maybe even setup an alert over on slickdeals.net . After spending money on expensive pressure washers, I`m back to buying the cheapest POS that will get the job done. They are a consumable and you`ll be buying a new one in 2-3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

kajunman- What *is* that price range, didn`t see it in your post or the link..[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    After spending money on expensive pressure washers, I`m back to buying the cheapest POS that will get the job done. They are a consumable and you`ll be buying a new one in 2-3 years.
    Same here, and I`m endlessly amazed by how *little* power/flow I need for washing vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator,
    I was looking in the range of $100.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kajunman View Post
    Accumulator,
    I was looking in the range of $100.
    Ah, OK..in that range I myself would just buy another AR from Lowe`s or even Harbor Freight, if only because that`s convenient (especially if it dies under warranty).

Not really potent enough for much other than washing vehicles, but plenty good enough for that...all a matter of what you need it to do.

IF...mighty big "if"...I get something better some day, I`ll be giving a lot of thought to how I`ll get it serviced if it dies. No, I doubt I`ll DIY it, and when I had Karchers the proposed process (and the expense) to send it off was a real kick in the head.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, I feel bad that my vintage DeVilbiss Water Driver Series 2000 psi, 2.0 gal/min, 6Hp B&S gas powered Pressure Washer is still working great, compared to what you guys are talking about here..

It must be 25 years old at least, and has pressure washed lots of houses, driveways, and hundreds of vehicles, engines/compartments, and the only thing that ever happened was the pump started leaking a little so I replaced it at a cost of $134.90..

All I ever do to it is change the oil in the engine every other year at the least, the spark plug and air filter as needed and keep 89 octane gas in the tank..
    2.0gpm is fine for pressure washing vehicles, the tires, wheels, convertible tops, undersides of vehicles, and anything else..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Shoot, I feel bad that my vintage DeVilbiss Water Driver Series 2000 psi, 2.0 gal/min, 6Hp B&S gas powered Pressure Washer is still working great, compared to what you guys are talking about here..

It must be 25 years old at least, and has pressure washed lots of houses, driveways, and hundreds of vehicles, engines/compartments, and the only thing that ever happened was the pump started leaking a little so I replaced it at a cost of $134.90..

All I ever do to it is change the oil in the engine every other year at the least, the spark plug and air filter as needed and keep 89 octane gas in the tank..
    2.0gpm is fine for pressure washing vehicles, the tires, wheels, convertible tops, undersides of vehicles, and anything else..
    DanF
    We probably should have qualified the statement with electric pressure washers. Gas are a whole different beast.

Post Thanks / Like

After I looked at the Sun Joe pressure washer machines I decided to get this machine instead of the Power Stroke. I can get a 4 year warranty for under $12.

Post Thanks / Like

After I looked at the Sun Joe pressure washer machines I decided to get this machine instead of the Power Stroke. I can get a 4 year warranty for under $12.
    Bookmark this adapter; you may need it to connect other `standard` fittings/accessories to SunJoe. https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/produc...ersion-adaptor

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the info. BudgetPlan1, I plan to get that connector from Matt at Obsessed Garage.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure if you already purchased your Sun Joe pressure washer but I would get the one without the hose reel as the hose that it comes with isn’t that good and you can’t change it. That’s why I had the SPX3000. Hose makes a big difference in terms of ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkusugoemu View Post
    I’m not sure if you already purchased your Sun Joe pressure washer but I would get the one without the hose reel as the hose that it comes with isn’t that good and you can’t change it. That’s why I had the SPX3000. Hose makes a big difference in terms of ease of use.

I have not purchased it yet. I have never heard of a pressure washer that you can`t replace the hose on.
    Can you please explain to me why you can`t replace the pressure hose on the Sun Joe PSX 3001.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I have not purchased it yet. I have never heard of a pressure washer that you can`t replace the hose on.
    Can you please explain to me why you can`t replace the pressure hose on the Sun Joe PSX 3001.

Thanks in advance
    The hose is part of the unit. Not a separate component that you attach when you assemble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information