Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Questions

I came over here from AGO to further my education on PA products. I had a small thread going, and they were cool with it but trying to be respectful. A couple weeks ago I started searching for what to use next spring. I checked out PA in the past but the prices made it a quick look. So I put it on my list as a big maybe and they were the first product I started looking at, yea that was quick too. I gave in to the prices, I am hooked.

I got.
    -Cosmic V2
    -Invincible Primer
    -Cosmic Spritz
    -Rapidwaxx
    -Famous Wax (don`t know what for just wanted it)

Questions?
    1. Invincible Primer. My car currently has Wolfgang coating on it that was installed July 2016. While I understand this is a fine polish, does it have enough cut to remove the current coating?

2. Toppers, anyone use Rapidwaxx on top of Cosmic? Any pros or cons? On Autopia`s page for Cosmic it was listed as a after care product. I will use the Spritz as a booster. Also I see the Carnauba Arts, any thoughts? High Gloss is on my list already. Or what do you recommend. Also how often do you use said products?

Thanks for your time!

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Questions

Hey Brandt/512detail is the closest thing to a pa rep as you’ll get here maybe he might know. There are a few others that are right behind him but only by a hair or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Hammer77, 512detail, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The wolfgang is a pretty hard/heavy coating. Myself to be safe would go heavier to start, primer to finish polish......

Sorry for the extra step, but................. It`ll be worth it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Hammer77, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Hammer77, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    I came over here from AGO to further my education on PA products.

Questions?
    1. Invincible Primer. My car currently has Wolfgang coating on it that was installed July 2016. While I understand this is a fine polish, does it have enough cut to remove the current coating?

2. Toppers, anyone use Rapidwaxx on top of Cosmic? Any pros or cons? On Autopia`s page for Cosmic it was listed as a after care product. I will use the Spritz as a booster. Also I see the Carnauba Arts, any thoughts? High Gloss is on my list already. Or what do you recommend. Also how often do you use said products?

Thanks for your time!

Dave.
    Welcome to Autopia!

Welcome to the Dark Side.

I will preface this with - I have zero affiliation with PA but I have a few of their products and some repeated use over the year with the products you have questions about.

First, I`d like to ask what`s wrong with the WG coating? If there`s nothing wrong with it then go ahead and enjoy that Cosmic kit`s 5 year shelf life unopened (3 years if opened I believe).

If nothing is wrong with your WG coating then go ahead and scratch your itch to use that rapidwaxx, you`ll find it`s a very nice product and don`t be afraid to use it on just about everything on the outside of your car short of the tires, of course.

1. As far as the cut of invincible primer, it is much more than you think. It is very pad dependent. I have used it as a legitimate compound, 2nd step/primer and as a 3rd finishing step/primer each with different pads/speeds etc with completely different results based off of those variables.

The first time I did a pitch black hellcat I used an entire 50ml of primer polish to do the entire car prior to cosmicv2.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...+gloss+hellcat

that was in feb, I believe

last weekend I removed a waning CSL coating with invincible primer and went straight to cosmicv2

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...+gloss+hellcat

Since it`s your car, I`d recommend using a medium to heavier cut first and then primer as your finishing step, just for gloss sake. But in my experience and opinion it is quite plausible that you could use primer on a heavier pad to remove the coating and prep for cosmic. This of course would be based off of various factors such as vehicle color, desired level of gloss, actual time you polish it (if in July it`d be 2 years so possibly less of coating to worry about having to remove via polishing) etc.

2. Cosmic spritz will increase hardness (per PA site) and duration/shine of cosmic..basically think bring back the initial cosmic look.
    As far as increased hardness, meh I don`t know about that. I`ve never found a pencil lead I could not break. Or a coating that could not mar. A coating is just simply a sacrificial layer of gloss to me.
    I have not topped cosmic with rapidwaxx, ,mostly because of my infatuation with High Gloss... have you met her? Go ahead and deduct ~70 from your bank account.

Rapidwaxx would be just fine to top cosmic with, it would actually add that real nuba look (if that was your desire).

Side note, you mentioned famous...good buy, it`s nice stuff. I have used my bottle once and I was pretty impressed by the wet look.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...el-famous.html

I`ll be the first person to post about a PA product that I think is junk, just as I would about any other product I`ve used. Luckily I`ve had good results with just about everything purchased on Autopia.

And your last question, made me laugh out loud. How often do You want to use them?

I top my own car every time I wash it and I usually wash it once or twice a month, if not once a week on an eventful month (car shows,etc).

Brandt K.
    Thanks Hammer77, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!

First, nothing wrong with the Wolfgang Coating, it has held up strong. But come this spring it has been on two years. I feel it will be time to try something new, plus I just really want to check out PA.

Thanks for the intel on Invincible Primer. I will start with a test spot with a white pad, and work from there. The car in question really doesn`t need correction, it has a few areas that need a bit of attention, nothing major, if I had to guess I would say the paint is about 85%-90% on point. Here is a link to my 2017 album on AGO.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...bums-2017.html

Glad I gave you a laugh, I too abuse products, I like to experiment. And Yes, High Gloss is already on my list of things to pick up. Do you have a opinion about Carnauba Arts?

Thanks again!

Dave.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512, appreciate your expertise with the PA line, have bookmarked all your PA posts. Like Hammer I will be switching from Wolfgang to PA when the time comes.
    In the meantime what do you think about topping the Wolfgang coating with High Gloss?
    Likes 512detail, Hammer77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    . And Yes, High Gloss is already on my list of things to pick up. Do you have a opinion about Carnauba Arts?

Thanks again!

Dave.
    Gold Zirkon, White alabaster & black Wulfie are GREAT !!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    512, appreciate your expertise with the PA line, have bookmarked all your PA posts. Like Hammer I will be switching from Wolfgang to PA when the time comes.
    In the meantime what do you think about topping the Wolfgang coating with High Gloss?

I top EVERYTHING with high gloss
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I top EVERYTHING with high gloss
    that high gloss life!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron! For me I am looking at Gold Zirkon and Red Opal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    welcome to AF as well, welcome to the Dark Side

I`ve never used the WG coating but I`ve also never turned down a chance to add some more shine, just do it! Your retinas will thank you.

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, Cyclops liked this post
    Thanks Cyclops thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

have you used Snow White or just alabaster?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    have you used Snow White or just alabaster?
    Just alabaster

Post Thanks / Like

Some more questions if I may.

Pad priming- When I polish or apply a sealant I usually prime the pad with whatever product I am using. From everything I see, you use this in very small amounts, what do you folks prime your pad with? Also how much product do you put on the pad?
    I watched the PA videos and they show what I would guess was about a pea size dot, which I believe. I have also seen pictures here and that people posted, and it looked like they had a few smudges on the pad, which I also believe.

High Gloss- I`ve seen they say a little goes along way. Anyone gauge how many sprays per panel/vehicle? Lotta love for this product here, when Ron said "I top EVERYTHING with high gloss". Enough for me, I am in. My only question should I get the
    200ml or do myself a favor and pony up for the 500ml. If anything it should last a long time.

Other Products- I wash mainly with Meg`s Hyperwash, or CarPro Reset which should be more than fine. What about QD`s? I have grown fond of Ech2o 20:1 as my go to spray, still cool to use? I don`t want take away from the PA looks and hydrophobic
    properties. Same with a RW I usually use Wolfgang which has something in it, I do have some N914, probably the N914 would be the better choice? Or something else?

Thanks again for your time. I am have/will be spending a little chunk of change on this stuff, just trying to figure it all out.

Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information