Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Microfiber Wash Pad

Does anyone have one of these?

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...er+wash+pad.do

I`m thinking it might be good for a one bucket rinseless/ONR type wash given that you can fold it in half and get at least four sides out of it before you need to rinse it.

I`d only consider it for my daily drivers. For my TA - I`d still use Eagle Edgless MF`s for rinseless washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Microfiber Wash Pad

I do and wrote a review on the sister forum a year plus ago.

Pretty good product. I would have liked a couple of changes but is nice as is. I don`t use it much any more because my unorthodox washing methods lends itself to my 600 gsm microfibers.

Update:
    I posted the review on AF, too: Review: Griots Garage MF Wash Pad
    Thanks dschribs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a half dozen, maybe more of these when I do a rinseless wash. I like them.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

They work great, designed for the rinseless wash and wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer using the Euroshag MF towels. Dunk about 20 in 3.5 gallons of onr use all 4 quarters on both sides and dry. Keep an empty bucket for the dirty ones and wash immediately afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Along that line, I have the mitt (New in bag, won it). I don`t do rinseless washes, but was thinking of trying it for a traditional wash. Can be used on interior too.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/grio...l#.WgGz-bpFxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, and have used it only once for a regular type wash. I`m itching to use it again, but I mainly do rinseless washes, If I had several of these, I`d consider it for rinseless, but I only have one, so no. Not for me as a rinseless.

It`s a nice soft pad, though. For me, it`s a good size too. Not too large. Doesn`t soak up a whole bunch of solution (making it crazy heavy) like some other mitts I`ve used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Along that line, I have the mitt (New in bag, won it). I don`t do rinseless washes, but was thinking of trying it for a traditional wash. Can be used on interior too.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/grio...l#.WgGz-bpFxjo
    I have one of these and it’s been my go-to wash mitt for standard washes. I’ve also used it for rinseless washes (using the multi-media approach; generally for dirtier spots to spare my nice towels) with fine results.

Anyone have experience with both the pad and the mitt? Be curious how they compare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I like it, and have used it only once for a regular type wash. I`m itching to use it again, but I mainly do rinseless washes, If I had several of these, I`d consider it for rinseless, but I only have one, so no. Not for me as a rinseless.

It`s a nice soft pad, though. For me, it`s a good size too. Not too large. Doesn`t soak up a whole bunch of solution (making it crazy heavy) like some other mitts I`ve used.
    Don`t be afraid or hesitant to use it for rinseless washing. I use it all the time with a rinseless wash. I do use two buckets (both with grit guards) with either N914 or D114 a majority of the time. The other bucket just has water. No marring or scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I have one of these and it’s been my go-to wash mitt for standard washes. I’ve also used it for rinseless washes (using the multi-media approach; generally for dirtier spots to spare my nice towels) with fine results.

Anyone have experience with both the pad and the mitt? Be curious how they compare.
    The wash mitt is nice and works well for rinseless washing. I suspect the pad is made of the same material.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Oneheadlite, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it today. Couldn`t pass up the 20% sale on Autopia. I also grabbed Griot`s Rinseless Wash & Wax along w their designated spray bottle for panel presoaking. I absolutely love Griot`s spray bottles.

I`ll most likely use it exactly as Mike suggested. Two buckets.

This will be for my daily driver. My Trans Am will still get the G Dean rinseless wash method w numerous Rag Co Eagle Edgeless towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Don`t be afraid or hesitant to use it for rinseless washing. I use it all the time with a rinseless wash. I do use two buckets (both with grit guards) with either N914 or D114 a majority of the time. The other bucket just has water. No marring or scratching.

The wash mitt is nice and works well for rinseless washing. I suspect the pad is made of the same material.
    I couldn’t agree more. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still able to use traditional wash methods in our community most of the year, I’m not forced to go rinseless. Winter can be a little tougher to use a pressure washer at home. I can use it in my garage but I ususally end up spraying everything and I just don’t do it anymore. I still believe a pressure washer and the 2 bucket method is the safest of the safe methods. That said, there are occasions when my vehicles just aren’t significantly dirty and a rinseless wash works just dandy. Using a good quantity of the wash pads, using them properly (i.e. folded and multiple sides) and two buckets has worked great for me. I have noticed no additional marring. I monitor this closely. The secret for me is simply knowing when I can use a rinseless wash and using sufficient mitts, towels, mitts or wash pads to not reintroduce particulates that you have just removed.

YMMV
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I bought it today. Couldn`t pass up the 20% sale on Autopia.
    I’ll bet you’ll want more than a couple of these once you’ve given them a shot.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    ... I also grabbed Griot`s Rinseless Wash & Wax along w their designated spray bottle for panel presoaking. I absolutely love Griot`s spray bottles. ...
    Slightly off the thread topic, but I`ll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Griot`s Rinseless Wash and Wax. I`ve used it a few times and have really liked it, but overall no one seems to be talking about it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still able to use traditional wash methods in our community most of the year, I’m not forced to go rinseless. Winter can be a little tougher to use a pressure washer at home. I can use it in my garage but I ususally end up spraying everything and I just don’t do it anymore. I still believe a pressure washer and the 2 bucket method is the safest of the safe methods. That said, there are occasions when my vehicles just aren’t significantly dirty and a rinseless wash works just dandy. Using a good quantity of the wash pads, using them properly (i.e. folded and multiple sides) and two buckets has worked great for me. I have noticed no additional marring. I monitor this closely. The secret for me is simply knowing when I can use a rinseless wash and using sufficient mitts, towels, mitts or wash pads to not reintroduce particulates that you have just removed.

YMMV
    I agree with everything you wrote. The key is knowing when to do either wash method.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Slightly off the thread topic, but I`ll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Griot`s Rinseless Wash and Wax. I`ve used it a few times and have really liked it, but overall no one seems to be talking about it at all.
    I`ve have absolutely loved virtually everything I have ever bought from Griots. I`m hoping this won`t be any different.

I know Rasky on the forums here gives it two thumbs up and has made it his new go to rinseless wash. That`s good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information