Post Thanks / Like

IGL Ecocoat Premier

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences? Can`t get any of their more `serious` coatings without being authorized but IGL certainly appears to be a `trendy mention` around various Detailing groups in the interwebs...curious what all the hullabaloo is about regarding IGL or just his years Flavor of the Moment?

Also have some of the new, SEMA released 22ple Finitura on the way as well. Company is a bit of an enigma but sure did like their HPC coating, albeit somewhat pricey stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IGL Ecocoat Premier

I tested a bunch of these silica sprays last winter. Premier performed well. I`ll PM you some of the info on how it did compared to others.

I think what you are seeing is a bunch of installers promoting the product they install. We saw a lot of this from a different company the past couple years and I think that was to their detriment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    I tested a bunch of these silica sprays last winter. Premier performed well. I`ll PM you some of the info on how it did compared to others.

I think what you are seeing is a bunch of installers promoting the product they install. We saw a lot of this from a different company the past couple years and I think that was to their detriment.
    Yeah, they seem to be the most prominent players anytime a "What would a good coating for me be?" question arises anywhere in the last 6 months or so. When I finally got one to expand on just WHY it was the greatest thing since TopCoat F11, it was "standard easy install, great looks, lasts until the end of time..."

On the plus side, looks like they also have skin care products for detailers as well, wonder if you need to be "authorized" to soak in IGL bath salts.
    Introducing IGL EcoSkin - The Detailer`s Essential - IGL Coatings

I`m kinda curious about the Finitura as it has been in testing since at least last year and now that its out, it`s making some seriously lofty claims:

22ple Finitura will allow you to quickly apply a durable layer of protection that really makes the paint pop! After 3 years of development, 22ple released Finitura, which is a unique top coating that can also be used as a stand-alone protection product. As a stand-alone product, Finitura will provide a deep, wet, glossy, sleek finish, that repels moisture with ease. If you already protected your car with a coating Finitura can be applied directly on top of it and it really enhances that protection. You will not only see the same increased gloss, hydrophobic and protective properties but according to 22ple, Finitura will improve scratch resistance on glass coatings by over 500%. If you keep getting watermarks this is an absolute must have product as it will repel them incredibly well! The application is super easy so you get great results in very little time. With an economical and easy to use formula, we can not think of a reason not to give Finitura a try!
    I did really like the 22ple HPC coating though, one of the top contenders of the ones I tried and crazy, bizarrely easy application. First time I used it at around 60 degrees I applied to entire side of of 2016 Ford Transit Extended Van, wandered around for a few minutes and then came back and buffed it off with no problems.
    Likes Ronkh, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah, they seem to be the most prominent players anytime a "What would a good coating for me be?" question arises anywhere in the last 6 months or so. When I finally got one to expand on just WHY it was the greatest thing since TopCoat F11, it was "standard easy install, great looks, lasts until the end of time..."

On the plus side, looks like they also have skin care products for detailers as well, wonder if you need to be "authorized" to soak in IGL bath salts.
    Introducing IGL EcoSkin - The Detailer`s Essential - IGL Coatings
    Gotta show Jen tonight
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am a authorized IGL coatings installer and Kenzo installer. Besides Mckees Hydro Blue IGL Premier for a spray and wipe sealant is awesome. A little goes a long way and no hassle applying it. I use a little spritz on a dry microfiber application pad and apply it in straight lines then wipe off with a short nap microfiber towel. Actually just did my Kenzo coated gto this morning with it.

As for being an IGL installer what drew me to them was the fact that i didn`t have to follow any sort of ridiculous map pricing or have a minimum order every month like other companies. After trying out and having success with there coatings I was on board and there priced very reasonable.

JSFMX35 uses IGL too. He and I talk all the time and he loves premier as well.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t say enough good things about IGL, I`ve been on board for a while after one of the members from europe posted comparison pictures of waterspot resistance. I`ve used premier tons of times, never had an issue. IMO it`s just as easy as carpro`s reload, with less-no smudging, tougher and smells a little better. Price is about the same, maybe a little more but well worth it.

All I use at this point for LSP`s are...

IGL premier - dry
    Car-pro Hydro2 - wet
    IGL Quartz Plus - coating

Polish Angle High Gloss/Cosmic Spritz - Boutique Sealant
    Polish Angle Primer + Cosmic 9H + Cosmic Spritz - Boutique Coating

Feyn Labs - Looking into for a self healing option for certain clients, especially who opt for PPF.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Gotta show Jen tonight
    Who`d a thunk it? We have products to detail your car AND your body!

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    I am a authorized IGL coatings installer and Kenzo installer. Besides Mckees Hydro Blue IGL Premier for a spray and wipe sealant is awesome. A little goes a long way and no hassle applying it. I use a little spritz on a dry microfiber application pad and apply it in straight lines then wipe off with a short nap microfiber towel. Actually just did my Kenzo coated gto this morning with it.

As for being an IGL installer what drew me to them was the fact that i didn`t have to follow any sort of ridiculous map pricing or have a minimum order every month like other companies. After trying out and having success with there coatings I was on board and there priced very reasonable.

JSFMX35 uses IGL too. He and I talk all the time and he loves premier as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Can`t say enough good things about IGL, I`ve been on board for a while after one of the members from europe posted comparison pictures of waterspot resistance. I`ve used premier tons of times, never had an issue. IMO it`s just as easy as carpro`s reload, with less-no smudging, tougher and smells a little better. Price is about the same, maybe a little more but well worth it.

All I use at this point for LSP`s are...

IGL premier - dry
    Car-pro Hydro2 - wet
    IGL Quartz Plus - coating

Polish Angle High Gloss/Cosmic Spritz - Boutique Sealant
    Polish Angle Primer + Cosmic 9H + Cosmic Spritz - Boutique Coating

Feyn Labs - Looking into for a self healing option for certain clients, especially who opt for PPF.
    Thanks for the all the info...is the Premier thought of solely as a booster/topper or an actual LSP?

Have also heard good things about Ecoclean Delete and Precoat as well.
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Premier is a both a booster for coatings and a full on stand alone LSP sealant.

It is the same exact thing to Quartz as Reload is to CQuartz.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Driver nailed it.

As for pre coat and delete.

Delete is probably the only spot remover that I have actually had success with. Just be careful on glass as it can do some damage.

Precoat is good too. I switch between that and prep solve depending how soft the paint is. I have found pretty much all the prep wipes to not have enough lubricity on soft paint and they can mar or haze. Just my experience with them. Hence the prep solve.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Premier has changed my opinion on toppers and this can be a stand alone product as well. My DD was getting less hydrophobic so I Premiered it and is as if I just coated it. It’s sitting on top of 24 month gyeon mhos.

Great look, great beads and going on 2 months.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, 4u2nvinmtl, Ronkh, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use premier as well, very good lsp and easy to apply. I currently alternate between this and Optiseal as my sealants and also running a test on the hood of one of my cars to see how Premier and Optiseal do head to head. So far it`s still going after 2 months with tight beading while Opti likes to sheet more with a slower reaction on hydrophobics.

IGL Delete is another product I carry as well, so far it does great against "type A" water spots .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the info, especially Audios S6 who pm`d me his detailed notes on Premier vs some other similar products.

Likely well known that I`ve got Kamikaze Overcoat running thru my veins so interested to see how it stacks up.

Will try it bare, prepped on some vehicles at work in addition to topping the Cquartz, Pearl Nano, Gloss Shop Ceramic V1, Gyeon Prime, 22ple HPC vehicles there. Finitura as well will get a workout.
    Likes The Driver, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am also an authorized IGL installer for all of their coatings... however, my opinion takes a wide view as I am an installer for other coating companies as well.

Premier is an excellent `topper` and/ or LSP. Think of it as Meg`s D156 on steroids. Just as easy to use, much glossier, and last much longer.

Precoat is, in my opinion, one of the strongest panel wipes on the market... which is good. It takes very little wiping to remove from the paint as well... I know some others on the market require lots and lots of wiping.

Delete is good as well... but I still find a mild- wheel acid to work the best vs. all the water spot type sprays on the market.
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast
    Likes BudgetPlan1, tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to apply, quite shiny.

On top of CSL applied January 2017 I think. Just P&B Spray and Wipe to clean, Gtechniq Panel Wipe and then Premier.
    IGL Ecocoat Premier-premier-csl.jpg

On top of Gloss Shop Ceramic V2 (applied about 2 weeks ago after quick hit with Nanoskin mitt, Jescar Compound on purple foamed wool, Panel Wipe). This truck is abused to no end each pool season.
    IGL Ecocoat Premier-premier-gloss-shop.jpg

Kinda chilly here so applied at about 52 degrees F in warehouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information