Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 22ple Finitura

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 22ple Finitura

FWIW, just finished a vehicle, usual decon, prep, polish the 2 layers 22ple HPC (about 18hrs apart) topped with the recently released Finitura (about 12hrs later). Warehouse was pretty consistent, low humidity, 65 degrees through entire process.

I think Finitura is best applied in Zaino-like (gasp!) manner, that is, as thinly as possible. Used microsuede with block, microfiber with block and round foam microfiber applicator to apply; the typical microsuede with block seemed to work best/most evenly. Waited a variety of times between application and removal. From 3 to 20 minutes. Seemed like anywhere between 5 & 10 yielded similar results.

Was kinda finicky to remove in the sense of wiping absolutely, completely, `looking for haze in the pinpoint tip of a scangrip penlight` clean kinda way. Getting that very last bit of haze required a very, very light touch with a short nap towel. Tried a variety various nap towels, short nap seemed best. Went thru a stack of towels; seemed like any amount of residue on wipe off towels would reintroduce the haze to a previously clean section.

Regardless, in the end turned out fine just took a bit of time to figure out how to leave truly clean surface. Surface much slicker after application, gloss maybe up just a bit but after looking at shiny red paint for a few days...cant honestly say.

Have a couple of daily driver coworkers cars with 22ple HPC on `em so we`ll see how the addition of Finitura affects the performance of the base 22ple HPC.

Will have to see how it does before deciding if I like it or not in this capacity, currently on the fence; certainly not as easy to use as IGL Premier I recently tried.

Likes glfnaz, SWETM, Bigmike40nj liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. I also applied it to my car which is coated with VX Pro 2. I applied it with a microfiber applicator and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. It’s was defiantly stubborn to remove. But It left a slick feel with more gloss. At least i think. Anyways I can wait to see the water behavior
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to try the 22ple suggestion of removing with a slightly damp microfiber cloth, will have to give it a try. I didn`t have any streaking but getting that last little bit of haze/residue was a bit irritating. As I mentioned above, the water shedding/beading/hydrophobics are not quite up to Kamikaze Overcoat standards....so I`m not sure where this product fits for me. Based on mfg claims:

1. Positive: "Finitura will improve scratch resistance on glass coatings by over 500%. If you keep getting watermarks this is an absolute must have product as it will repel them incredibly well!"

2. Negative: "I got an email back from 22 PLE about durability. They said `2-6 months depending on environment and wash routine`."

As mentioned, pretty large window, 6 months might be OK to deal with but anything less might make it not worth the trouble/cost. It`s not cheap stuff and 22ple HPC works so well on it`s own, not sure what added benefit Finitura brings to the table (unless #1 above proves to be true)

I guess we`ll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike40nj View Post
    That looks great. I also applied it to my car which is coated with VX Pro 2. I applied it with a microfiber applicator and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. It’s was defiantly stubborn to remove. But It left a slick feel with more gloss. At least i think. Anyways I can wait to see the water behavior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    FWIW, just finished a vehicle, usual decon, prep, polish the 2 layers 22ple HPC (about 18hrs apart) topped with the recently released Finitura (about 12hrs later). Warehouse was pretty consistent, low humidity, 65 degrees through entire process.

I think Finitura is best applied in Zaino-like (gasp!) manner, that is, as thinly as possible. Used microsuede with block, microfiber with block and round foam microfiber applicator to apply; the typical microsuede with block seemed to work best/most evenly. Waited a variety of times between application and removal. From 3 to 20 minutes. Seemed like anywhere between 5 & 10 yielded similar results.

Was kinda finicky to remove in the sense of wiping absolutely, completely, `looking for haze in the pinpoint tip of a scangrip penlight` clean kinda way. Getting that very last bit of haze required a very, very light touch with a short nap towel. Tried a variety various nap towels, short nap seemed best. Went thru a stack of towels; seemed like any amount of residue on wipe off towels would reintroduce the haze to a previously clean section.

Regardless, in the end turned out fine just took a bit of time to figure out how to leave truly clean surface. Surface much slicker after application, gloss maybe up just a bit but after looking at shiny red paint for a few days...cant honestly say.

Have a couple of daily driver coworkers cars with 22ple HPC on `em so we`ll see how the addition of Finitura affects the performance of the base 22ple HPC.

Will have to see how it does before deciding if I like it or not in this capacity, currently on the fence; certainly not as easy to use as IGL Premier I recently tried.

The truck looks great FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else tried Finitura or formed any other opinions on it? I`m still not quite sure about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had considered it, but after you said you weren’t sure about it( or similar) just before my last coat of HPC, I decided to use VS1. I already had that AND at $85 for the Fintura I would expect PA type glowing comments.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajUSMC View Post
    Well, I had considered it, but after you said you weren’t sure about it( or similar) just before my last coat of HPC, I decided to use VS1. I already had that AND at $85 for the Fintura I would expect PA type glowing comments.
    Reading back thru the thread, I`m not sure 22ple is sure what to make of it, heard more about it prior to release than after.

Same as Activate; directions are sketchy. Can use before or after coatings, is panel wipe required after 24 hours of using Activate prior to coating a la` Gyeon Primer or only if ya don`t wait 24 hrs?

Great product line but Finitura/Activate surely coulda come with a bit more background.

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting this thread because the good dude budgetplan1 sent me some of his stash to play with.

Here are my observations this product to me seems like an unfinished product or a rushed release something is up with this product. It is hard to put onto a coated cars initially because the coating rejects the thin liquid and beads/sheets it as the water or water based carrier solution evaporates at a fast rate it begins to bond to the coating quickly and streaks easy what ever resin is in the product seem very durable because it has the hard to remove high spot issue but does not rainbow. Instead of rainbow it streaks like reload can at times... but theses streaks cure hard and bond hard to the coating. I added VS1 final coat during this fast flash it did help to level the streaks but did not completely resolve the issue. After playing around with this product the most successful application was a DA application pre mixing the product with its cousin VS1 final I used a soft black pad speed 3 then spread it on to normal sized coating square area cross hatch style and immediately wiped this took care of the streaking problem.

The claim of %500 increase in scratch resistant maybe true because of the slickness increase. It is by far the slickest product I have used. It was put over CQUK which is a super grabby coating . This product to me is not a coating topper it is better described as somewhere between a water based “lite coating” and a traditional sealant. Water behavior will decrease this only increases slickness and maybe self cleaning, gloss.

A good application area for me is wheels. We all know coating cure to some type of lattice structure filling in the pores of the paint give the surface the lotus effect to me this coating seems to sit between the coating molecules providing excellent slickness and probably good water spot defense for cars that are maintained regularly. It seems unfinished the product and can use a tweak I would try to avoid application above 75 degrees or the fast flash and hard curing streaks will be hard to deal with.
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information